• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Yet it is at arms length in France, and works. How can that be, doesn’t tally with your logic.
I'm guessing that either that decision hasn't had to happen yet or that it has and it's simply cost the taxpayer a fortune.

As the vast majority of the weight of taxation falls on a vast minority of the country, I suspect most wouldn't understand that as a problem.

Poor Rishi. Can't get anything right.
Makes his big announcement with a protest in the background playing "Things can only get better", in the pouring rain so he looks like a drowned rat.
Hilarious.

I'm guessing that either that decision hasn't had to happen yet or that it has and it's simply cost the taxpayer a fortune.

As the vast majority of the weight of taxation falls on a vast minority of the country, I suspect most wouldn't understand that as a problem.

This entity interestingly owns 66% of DPD as well as all manner of other shares in companies.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caisse_des_dépôts_et_consignations

State owned it has been around since 1820! It seems quite sustainable!

It lost over 4Bn Toy moneys in 2022. Looks like it's probably the latter of my two suggestions.

Well it has persisted for over 200 years, so probably not the latter of your suggestions! and it has over 1 Trillion in assets. It has a Board that is independent of French Government. Yet is owned ultimately by the state or tax payer.

Seems like you’ve also fallen into an ideological trap. Stuck to an ideology that private enterprise is the only way to go. Despite the terrible state of British water services etc despite alternative models.

Back