• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Ok and that's fair. But the reaction to it, has been awful... Mainly (as the article points out) due to ignorance.

That could have been avoided by putting a in a preference system (1-8). We could still have a vote on Monday with the top two going head to head, and avoided the opportunity of the Right wing nutters to finish the first stage
I suggested the preference system as well, GB made a good point that this isn't really done in Parliament, we are now saying the system is brick because people / press didn't bother to understand what the system is in full.

We need a general election. Labour will lose and Corbyn will be gone. Job done!

Bojo will be prime minister which will be at least amusing. Trump and Boris will be like two bookends.

All MP's should retire a 65!
Stop all MP's from sitting on company boards or having any other jobs.

Make Westminster alcohol free!

There should be a compulsory MP's disco ever third Thursday in the month.:cool:

Boris Johnson 'still leadership frontrunner'
Boris Johnson's is "still [the] first name people mention" when a leadership contest is discussed, despite having irritated both Brexiteers and Remainers, according to BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins.

I fudging hope not.

Boris Johnson 'still leadership frontrunner'
Boris Johnson's is "still [the] first name people mention" when a leadership contest is discussed, despite having irritated both Brexiteers and Remainers, according to BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins.

I fudging hope not.

Depends!
From an entertainment standpoint, I'm warming to the idea.

You have got laugh!
runners-and-riders_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

PMQ's would be a sheer joy - Mumbling Jeremy and Bojo, classic HIGNFY footage.

Depends!
From an entertainment standpoint, I'm warming to the idea.

You have got laugh!
runners-and-riders_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

PMQ's would be a sheer joy - Mumbling Jeremy and Bojo, classic HIGNFY footage.

Rudd would be the best we could hope for in that lot.

And that fudging says something. Considering her recent 'colourful' comment.

Which in fairness to her shows she is out of touch rather than an out right dog Whistler like that prick BOjO

She maybe the only decent human being in that list

Thank you. This article marries with my personal understanding of it, however I am cautious with articles as, for example, The Independent is so strongly leant to the left.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
It is fairly left leaning, but I'd say the article is mostly fair.

If I were to try to balance it at all, the only additions I would make are that the surprisingly good election result was probably at least partly down to the manifesto promise of a referendum, and that the referendum result was fairly heavily influenced by the EU's refusal to negotiate with Cameron.

Have to disagree.
There are some good people trying to make some hard and pragmatic choices in an attempt to get us out of the recurring mess created by the conservative party and yet again over Europe. This time though it is compounded by the current lack of a credible or coherent main opposition party.

That was in response to the potential Tory leaders

Rudd would be the best we could hope for in that lot.

And that fudging says something. Considering her recent 'colourful' comment.

Which in fairness to her shows she is out of touch rather than an out right dog Whistler like that prick BOjO

She maybe the only decent human being in that list

July 2016.... surely we have scrapped the barrel now, we can't have a more abject PM than Theresa fudging May

April 2019....
Amber Rudd: hold my Champers.

On a serious note, surely we need a GE first - just to see who still had a seat.

Really? Maybe I'm judging by their social posts, but the headers seem very clear as to which side they align. I say this as someone who nods my head in agreement on the rare occasion I read their, or any newspaper articles.
I don't read it, but yougov (which tends to lean right in their polls) has it as centralist.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic.../07/how-left-or-right-wing-are-uks-newspapers

As an aside, not commenting on you, I do find that the right tend to think anything other than right is left wing rather than central. The criticism the BBC gets for being left wing in their reporting (not comedy etc) I have not seen backed up with fact checking.

Back