• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Boris Johnson 'still leadership frontrunner'
Boris Johnson's is "still [the] first name people mention" when a leadership contest is discussed, despite having irritated both Brexiteers and Remainers, according to BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins.

I fudging hope not.

Does saying 'anyone but boris' really count as being the first name mentioned?

Rudd would be the best we could hope for in that lot.

And that fudging says something. Considering her recent 'colourful' comment.

Which in fairness to her shows she is out of touch rather than an out right dog Whistler like that prick BOjO

She maybe the only decent human being in that list

Have to agree on all counts here.

July 2016.... surely we have scrapped the barrel now, we can't have a more abject PM than Theresa fudging May

April 2019....
Amber Rudd: hold my Champers.

On a serious note, surely we need a GE first - just to see who still had a seat.

The barrel was scrapped clean many years ago.

I've softened on the Rudd of late! (no not in a mucky way).

The thought of a general election is unnerving and baffling in the same breath.

I will have to consult the tea leaves!

I don't read it, but yougov (which tends to lean right in their polls) has it as centralist.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic.../07/how-left-or-right-wing-are-uks-newspapers

As an aside, not commenting on you, I do find that the right tend to think anything other than right is left wing rather than central. The criticism the BBC gets for being left wing in their reporting (not comedy etc) I have not seen backed up with fact checking.

Thanks.

Re: your second comment, I agree. What I consider a centralist opinion nowadays has the right screaming left-wing extremism ;)

I have worked for the BBC and it certainly isn't left wing in it's reporting. But it's easier to label it as such for the establishments attempting to undermine it for their own, right-leaning interests.

My comment still stands. I think there are good and well-intentioned people in all camps.
A few too many Sir Percy Percy's on the Tory backbenches for my comfort though.
View attachment 6316

Bishop.JPG

Ignore what the people voted for, your own voters in many cases, just to get closer to your own political goal. Brexit in many parts was a vote because of not being listened to, a rebel vote, the actions of the political system has just proven what people always said, they don't care about the people.

And people sit and wonder why there is a populist movement sweeping over Europe. Its pathetic

"The deal is brick."
"The deal is still brick"
"I'll resign then I suppose."
"Oh you will? Well the deal is fine then"

Absolute bunch of arseholes who only care about positioning themselves well within their respective parties and furthering their own agendas.
Where's a modern day Guy Fawkes when you need some demolition work doing?
He already announced the targets before shooting up some people in New Zealand, but the press have been sensibly silent on who they are and how he suggested they be targeted.

I don't think we should be supporting him.

"The deal is brick."
"The deal is still brick"
"I'll resign then I suppose."
"Oh you will? Well the deal is fine then"

Absolute bunch of arseholes who only care about positioning themselves well within their respective parties and furthering their own agendas.
Where's a modern day Guy Fawkes when you need some demolition work doing
?

Self serving pieces of brick every one of them, they should be ashamed of themselves ( every last one of them). And that speaker is loving his time in the limelight.

Please may I ask a question. I’ve forgotten how the conversation about a possible Brexit started (pre-vote and Cameron calling a referendum).

Can someone please give a non-biased account as I’m trying to explain it to an overseas friend and it was so long ago....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Ted Heath, the kiddy fiddler, lied to the country in 1973 and a lot of people have been waiting ever since for the chance to right that wrong. The common analogy is we were told we were joining a football club, and were pretty soon after given hockey sticks and skirts.

The Maastricht Treaty in 1991/2 was another big milestone - when the EU explicitly set course on being a political, not just economic, union.

And then Blair encouraging mass economic migration to ponzi scheme his economy in 2004 was another 'cause' moment

A leadership short-list of Hunt, Javid, Mordaunt and Truss would be tolerable. Johnson, Rudd and Gove are the big no nos

Ted Heath, the kiddy fiddler, lied to the country in 1973 and a lot of people have been waiting ever since for the chance to right that wrong. The common analogy is we were told we were joining a football club, and were pretty soon after given hockey sticks and skirts.

The Maastricht Treaty in 1991/2 was another big milestone - when the EU explicitly set course on being a political, not just economic, union.

And then Blair encouraging mass economic migration to ponzi scheme his economy in 2004 was another 'cause' moment

I would thought by now you would have set this to music. ;)

Maastricht The Musical!

Please may I ask a question. I’ve forgotten how the conversation about a possible Brexit started (pre-vote and Cameron calling a referendum).

Can someone please give a non-biased account as I’m trying to explain it to an overseas friend and it was so long ago....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
The reason why Cameron put it in his manifesto was the rise of UKIP and the fear that he would lose to Milliband. I don't think this is partisan it is the reason for a referendum, he also thought it would be a coalition Govt so he wouldn't have to have one.

What caused the rise of UKIP and an increasingly split Tory party is separate to this but this is the reason why the referendum went ahead.

Back