• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Boris Johnson standing in front of a slogan supporting increased funding for the NHS. Yeah, I can see that happening. Credibility issues? Nah, vote leave!

Why have another vote? If we'd do it better the second time, why not just rescind Article 50 and start again with better negotiators and fewer silly red lines?

I'd argue that any deal we'd negotiate with the EU would be suboptimal. That was clear from the outset imo.

What's the point of having indicative votes if MP's are whipped, all parties should just leave it open otherwise it weakens the process. It's indicative as long as you vote in this way is basically what seems to be going on.

I'd argue that any deal we'd negotiate with the EU would be suboptimal. That was clear from the outset imo.
The public disagreed. As I've said before, if you're advocating only allowing votes to those who can thoroughly understand the issues at hand, I'm with you.

If you're only advocating it when you don't like the outcome then I can't support that opinion.

The public disagreed. As I've said before, if you're advocating only allowing votes to those who can thoroughly understand the issues at hand, I'm with you.

If you're only advocating it when you don't like the outcome then I can't support that opinion.
Not arguing about this vote but Isn't it why we don't really do direct democracy.

I don't know about that, one doesn't have to be a fecking genius to know this whole thing was a pile of excrement from the off.
image.jpg

There's nothing wrong with the bus or the message, the problem is believing the lying clam standing in front of it.
Could say that for almost all of the politicians, they'd find some way of 'diverting' the money to somewhere else.

What's the point of having indicative votes if MP's are whipped, all parties should just leave it open otherwise it weakens the process. It's indicative as long as you vote in this way is basically what seems to be going on.
I agree. We appear to be at a point (an impasse) where we are having trouble understanding what everyone wants. The indicative votes are a starting point, make them a free vote so we at least get 'the honest' views of everyone and work from there ie the bottom up.

There's nothing wrong with the bus or the message, the problem is believing the lying clam standing in front of it.
Could say that for almost all of the politicians, they'd find some way of 'diverting' the money to somewhere else.

Boris was the obvious and most effective choice for them and the Bus was clever. They played a blinder appealingly to the simple folk of this country with this ‘simple’ and dumbed down message.
Very sad!

Trumpesk!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47715415

If ever there was a reason to leave, this is it. Currently we're planning to follow suit, but at least if we leave we have a couple of years to decide not to go full spastic with this.

Have these people seriously got nothing better to do with their time? Someone needs to stop them.

"The EU says the plan could help avoid 140,000 serious injuries by 2038 and aims ultimately to cut road deaths to zero by 2050."

Never going to happen.

What a stupid thing to try and force onto people.

Im all for safety systems, but there has to be a limit. And as it stands we should have higher speed limits anyway, 70mph was decided upon when we had old carts with weak drum brakes and was a sensible choice. Stopping distances since have halved, and modern cars are much more stable at speed as well.

Its fudging ridiculous.

There will be automatic speed restrictors fitted to cars within a few years.
It's inevitable.
Its 20mph around here already. If I had said this a few ago how we would have a chuckled.

"The EU says the plan could help avoid 140,000 serious injuries by 2038 and aims ultimately to cut road deaths to zero by 2050."

Never going to happen.

What a stupid thing to try and force onto people.

Im all for safety systems, but there has to be a limit. And as it stands we should have higher speed limits anyway, 70mph was decided upon when we had old carts with weak drum brakes and was a sensible choice. Stopping distances since have halved, and modern cars are much more stable at speed as well.

Its fudging ridiculous.
I can do 70mph more safely in a residential street than some of the cars I see doing it on a motorway.

The theory behind it is good but in the UK there's so many speed signs which are hidden, covered in dirt or have fallen over etc that I can see a lot of issues appearing with this.

The UK Government (both sides) would be doing this anyway, its useful for them to push this type of decision over to the EU to avoid any dirt sticking to them.

The theory behind it is good but in the UK there's so many speed signs which are hidden, covered in dirt or have fallen over etc that I can see a lot of issues appearing with this.
In the long term it will probably move to being GPS based rather than relying on signage, taking away the control from the driver.
Does sound dangerous to me, acceleration is an important tool for avoiding a crash sometimes.

Back