• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

You're assuming that the electorate is sensible and will make the decision which is in the best interests of the Country. History suggests it won't. The only people now asking for another referendum are remainers. I don't see or speak to many disaffected leave voters who are doing so. If anything "Leave" has become more entrenched in their views.

A second referendum is a massive risk.

Yet it is the best and possibly only option. We'll see how the MPs votes go, but it makes a lot of sense to put to the nation. And I have some faith that people can make an informed choice. Hopefully the media and politicians can frame the questions and move away from tribal dichotomies. Because what other options are there?

Last edited:
The new vote is only a risk for leave.
None of this would have happened if the original vote was correctly organised. It was basically rushed and skewed by false and the lack of credible information, leave knew it was their only hope and a deliberate strategy it worked! But was a risky strategy as we are witnessing.
They now know another informed vote will do for them.
We are now all experiencing the fallout.

Last edited:
You're assuming that the electorate is sensible and will make the decision which is in the best interests of the Country. History suggests it won't. The only people now asking for another referendum are remainers. I don't see or speak to many disaffected leave voters who are doing so. If anything "Leave" has become more entrenched in their views.

A second referendum is a massive risk.
Im ok with a second referendum. But it is a risk as you say due to the dumb f.cks voting and potential vote manipulation.

If exit with No Deal is an option (and where we are now...it should be)......the govt would sh.it their pants as the votes rolled in.

I think the whole thing has been handled appallingly. People making political moves to further their own career rather than deliver what people voted for,

Sad but true.
The Brexit vote was screwed from the off!
The ERG had one shot at this and they knew it!
If you want to leave the EU it needed proper organising.
Brexit was a ‘ram raid’ where momentum was vital. Now most people realise what it really is going on.
The MP’s have done a great job of trying to protect jobs and the economy.
We as a country should have organised the original vote more honestly then you may well have left the EU.

Sad but true.
The Brexit vote was screwed from the off!
The ERG had one shot at this and they knew it!
If you want to leave the EU it needed proper organising.
Brexit was a ‘ram raid’ where momentum was vital. Now most people realise what it really is going on.
The MP’s have done a great job of trying to protect jobs and the economy.
We as a country should have organised the original vote more honestly then you may well have left the EU.

You don't know what you don't know. Humans are actually rubish at doing new things for the first time. Once its been done, we've discussed it, analysed it, we're quick to be experts. No one has done Brexit before. And it is complex, multifacted, and hard to simplify. But if we did it again we'd be far wiser. And I think we probably will with another vote.

I don't know about that, one doesn't have to be a fecking genius to know this whole thing was a pile of excrement from the off.
image.jpg

I don't know about that, one doesn't have to be a fecking genius to know this whole thing was a pile of excrement from the off.
image.jpg

I'm not sure that I agree. If a politician is standing in front of a bus with that on it. Unless you distrust the politician then the majority of people would believe what's on the bus.

If not, they just wouldn't have done it.

And that's the major problem I have with Brexit.

If it was an honest campaign to an informed electorate, then i wouldn't agree with Brexit but I would think that vote should stand.

From the day it was conceived until today, the entire thing has been a demonstration of utter incompetence on all sides.

There has been a group of MP’s who have done their very best in spite of thier parties to think of peoples jobs and the economy. They should be applauded.
The Conservative party are quite dreadful in old money heritage and the Corbyn Labour Party are useless.

That confused me a tad?

My fault, probably the way that i devised the sentence.

Apart from the fact that Brexit is a sh t show.
It was such a dishonest campaign in a flawed referendum (in - out)… to an uninformed electorate. That to me is the reason why a confirmatory vote is essential for the good of the country.

You don't know what you don't know. Humans are actually rubish at doing new things for the first time. Once its been done, we've discussed it, analysed it, we're quick to be experts. No one has done Brexit before. And it is complex, multifacted, and hard to simplify. But if we did it again we'd be far wiser. And I think we probably will with another vote.
Why have another vote? If we'd do it better the second time, why not just rescind Article 50 and start again with better negotiators and fewer silly red lines?

Back