• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Your a top top fella.

What because he likes a large portion!?

kUrYUjbPyqdeM2u4DD3WReCdGUP-HN39luR7-NbJV2IFqGIOZDQeBwMOlTNn7-XVA9dqKybvJOeOOl6mp7XW1BkWY82jLZID7Y8Oq-B7pb90yqF2uStQeaBZ

The intelligent should go to uni and everyone else learn a trade.

Sending more people to uni hasn't resulted in an improved workforce, it's simply made employers ignore a degree as any kind of mark of worth.

What percentage of people are ‘intelligent, 50%?

50% is not too high for me. Education allows people to develop their intelligence, and trains them to break down processes of learning for life. That’s not to say everyone should have a degree. Many are highly successful with no education. Giving 50% the opportunity to go to University is admirable. It shouldn’t just be for the privately educated and the few who make it through state education.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What percentage of people are ‘intelligent, 50%?

50% is not too high for me. Education allows people to develop their intelligence, and trains them to break down processes of learning for life. That’s not to say everyone should have a degree. Many are highly successful with no education. Giving 50% the opportunity to go to University is admirable. It shouldn’t just be for the privately educated and the few who make it through state education.

The more common an achievement, the less value it has.

If half the country have degrees then they are of no use to employers whatsoever.

For some subjects there is certainly worth in the process of academic thought in itself, but those are the students and subjects that are already in the intellectual elite.

So the wealthy should go to uni, and the rest become plumbers?

I think it's more about re-balancing the economy that is massively dependent on services of which most of those working in it have degrees. No one is saying don't go to university but arbitary targets don't really help. He's right in the main when he says people that don't go to university are looked down upon. Many employers recognised long ago that a degree isn't as cracked up as it's made out - some people can't afford it, some aren't academically gifted, some don't want to be away from home etc. I think EY dropped degrees from their job requirements a few years ago for most of their roles.

I think it's more about re-balancing the economy that is massively dependent on services of which most of those working in it have degrees. No one is saying don't go to university but arbitary targets don't really help. He's right in the main when he says people that don't go to university are looked down upon. Many employers recognised long ago that a degree isn't as cracked up as it's made out - some people can't afford it, some aren't academically gifted, some don't want to be away from home etc. I think EY dropped degrees from their job requirements a few years ago for most of their roles.

And? The problem with aiming to let half the population do a degree if they wish to is what?

Back