• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I earned a fortune dry lining as a 16/17 year old per hour more than I earn now.

What I’ve always valued is depth of my CV which is better for not going Uni

Apple has been told it will not have to pay Ireland €13bn (£11.6bn) in back taxes after winning an appeal at the European Union's second highest court

Priti Patel is like so many Tories, entitled and therefore incredibly lazy. She has never been on top of her brief and doesn't feel the need to be. Nobody is going to notice and a bit of waffle will cover my tracks she thinks. How this dummy could attain one of the big four cabinet positions in the nation is beyond me. I guess there is hope for all of us.

Last edited:
Priti Patel is like so many Tories, entitled and therefore incredibly lazy. She has never been on top of her brief and doesn't feel the need to be. Nobody is going to notice and a bit of waffle will cover my tracks.

I would say a generalist statement about the tories (i.e. yours) is lazy, where is your evidence that she has an entitled background? She doesn't come from extreme wealth for instance.

Priti Patel is like so many Tories, entitled and therefore incredibly lazy. She has never been on top of her brief and doesn't feel the need to be. Nobody is going to notice and a bit of waffle will cover my tracks she thinks. How this dummy could attain one of the big four cabinet positions in the nation is beyond me. I guess there is hope for all of us.

I think it's a sign of the quality of our MPs at the moment. If i look over the years under Blair and Cameron, they had far higher quality individuals in the cabinet. I mean, the fact that Andrea Leadsom has held a position in the cabinet (and was in the final ballot against May for the Leadership) speaks utter volumes of our ability.

Boris, unlike predecessors like May and Cameron also doesn't seem to believe in anything, he'll just tinkle whichever way the wind blows, which also means we dont really have a defined trajectory.

I think it's a sign of the quality of our MPs at the moment. If i look over the years under Blair and Cameron, they had far higher quality individuals in the cabinet. I mean, the fact that Andrea Leadsom has held a position in the cabinet (and was in the final ballot against May for the Leadership) speaks utter volumes of our ability.

Boris, unlike predecessors like May and Cameron also doesn't seem to believe in anything, he'll just tinkle whichever way the wind blows, which also means we dont really have a defined trajectory.

As Michael Heseltine said, “Boris is a man who waits to see which way the crowd is going and then runs to get to the front.”

I would say a generalist statement about the tories (i.e. yours) is lazy, where is your evidence that she has an entitled background? She doesn't come from extreme wealth for instance.

Their entitlement is a state of mind. Born to rule Tories. They consider criticism as impertinence and therefore see no need to actually exercise control over the brief. Watch the clip, see Patel's face when Cooper makes her look like a complete fool. How impertinent of her.

Ndombele...staunch Tory?

Apprenticeships are obviously not higher education. Further Education colleges are a lower standard of education than Universities, more could be invested to make the courses better. You wouldn't take back your university education and swap it for an FE course, but you'd advocate others do in the future? Many University degrees are actually quite skills-based already. Nursing, midwifery etc. are vocational with clear jobs at the end of the degree.

It's an interesting political stance. Should higher education be for the elite? If so sure back the Tories. But if you think everyone should have the freedom to educate themselves at a higher level beyond school, then this is a backward step and signals that the Tories don't want to extend what they benefited from to others. Keep what is ours. Have the plebs get a trade and service us.

Not everyone should go to university. But everyone should have the opportunity. If that means encouraging people to go to Uni who don't have parents who guide them through school into higher education or have a private school education, then I am all for a 50% target.

Will be interesting to see how the government tries to reduce higher education attendance now.

I consider any time spent gaining additional qualifications to help with their job prospects as further education so degrees, apprenticeships, diplomas etc. Again you try and twist words, I never said people shouldn't go to university more that it shouldn't be rammed down people's throats as the best thing for them when you can clearly see that there are hundreds of thousands of graduates unemployed or on minimum wage/zero hours contracts all in thousands of pounds of debt. A real problem in society is the snobbery/sneering that you aren't worth as much or don't have the same intelligence or ability because you haven't gone to uni.

Why should it be 50%? Do 50% of jobs require degrees? You've already said some degrees aren't worth as much when you interview people so why are you advocating for people to get into debt when you would never hire them in the first place?

We should have a policy of investment in all areas of further education with better guidance on the different options to help people make up their mind what they want to do and if they want to go to uni then support should be provided through the admissions process etc but it they want to do something else then that should equally be encouraged.

And I don't think I personally would go to uni now, I think it was a lot more important previously where you wouldn't even get interviews for certain jobs without a degree regardless of whether it was needed to perform the job, thankfully the world has moved beyond that and recognised people can fulfil those jobs without degrees. I would probably try and get an entry job and work my way up and get on the housing ladder asap, people I know who didn't go to uni didn't have the debt, had time to work their way up so we were on a par after uni grade wise and got on the housing ladder way before me and have reaped equity through rising property prices. Of course I write that in hindsight and people finishing a levels now would likely have a different perspective on it.

I see failing Grayling can't even get elected chair of a committee by his own party, got to be one of the dumbest MPs out there.

I see failing Grayling can't even get elected chair of a committee by his own party, got to be one of the dumbest MPs out there.

Agree and again, sign of the times. Chris Grayling has been an utter disaster when holding a higher office (look at his time as Transport Sec littered with failures). Yet, somehow he still has backing to top jobs.

Ultimately, if someone here is a Tory voter, i'd still want the best person for the job and there is not a shred of evidence Grayling is that person. But instead of writing to their own Tory MPs, all we see is nodding agreement to the Tory choo choo train on a road to nowhere.

Back