• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players we should not have sold

onlyme

Banned
I don't care about the past but Friday night and the lights are low..

Why the f'ck did we sell Dempsey? And Corluka?

And I know this annoys a few I always liked Pav and enjoyed watching Krankie..

I thought the sale of VDV was great business. Not as good as Crouch and Palacios but up there.

But we should never have got rid of him. He was a true world class player, big game player and I miss him.

[video=youtube;SE5yHFJI47s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5yHFJI47s[/video]

Big game player. I never took to him but the Deuce I liked. And there are few bigger games than United away. And home.

perhaps you should add loan to the thread title.
BAE should never, ever have gone to QPR.

Big game player. I never took to him but the Deuce I liked. And there are few bigger games than United away. And home.

I liked both.

Always thought Dempsey was harshly criticized. Mainly because he had a slow start despite absolutely no pre-season whatsoever. Winner away at United and at the death equaliser at home to United should put him in our hearts forever. Worked ridiculously hard and always won free kicks.

We should have kept VDV, I think he was a number 10.

We should have kept Dempsey, Barmby, Lineker, Klinsmann and Kanoute amongst others that we should have kept too. I didn't want us selling Mendes either but, I can understand that as Carrick was with us at the time.

I can understand the sales of Berbatov, Modric and Bale as they all wanted out and we received big money for each of them. I would have liked to have kept Carrick as think that he was big for us but we were never going to turn down the money.

I liked both.

Always thought Dempsey was harshly criticized. Mainly because he had a slow start despite absolutely no pre-season whatsoever. Winner away at United and at the death equaliser at home to United should put him in our hearts forever. Worked ridiculously hard and always won free kicks.

Agree with you, this seems to be a regular thing. I think we seem to see the same in football.

KPB comes to mind as a player we never gave a real chance and pushed him out the club.

Most of the big names over the last few years wanted out anyway for footballing or personal reasons so I don't really count them.

I liked both.

Could be coming back on loan maybe.

But we should never have got rid of him. He was a true world class player, big game player and I miss him.

what a great side we were
How easy on the eyes were we then :)

Oh the memories, really wished we could have kept him. One of those players I'm so glad I got to see wearing a Spurs shirt, just like Davids and Klinsmann

And, although he wasnt the most popular, I was disappointed we sold Pavlyuchenko, I really wanted him to succeed, okay he had his faults, but f#ck me he scored some great goals.
For me he scored a very important goal for Spurs that, in my mind,tends to get fogotten. That 2nd goal v Young Boys, it wasnt just the fact it was a great finish, for me it was massive. I know we ended up winning comfortably in the 2nd leg, but had we gone into it 3-1 down and not 3-2, it could have been so different.
Saved us from a humiliation at Turf Moor too, I am grateful for that too

At the time:

Corluka
Bassong
van der Vaart
Pavlyuchenko
Defoe

I disagree with all of these, although I have a soft spot for a lot of these players. Corluka no longer fitted the manager's plans, Bassong would not have got enough game time to regain form, Van der Vaart was not hard working enough to work in an AVB team and has hardly set the world alight since he left, Pav was **** 9 games out of 10 for us and Defoe wanted more games than we could give him.

KPB comes to mind as a player we never gave a real chance and pushed him out the club.

Most of the big names over the last few years wanted out anyway for footballing or personal reasons so I don't really count them.

Cant believe the way he has turned out. When we played Derby away a few seasons ago he put in one of the worst displays I have seen from a Spurs player, I remember seeing him pass the ball into touch on at least 3 occasions.
At the time I was pleased we sold him, in hindsight, it seems a bad decision

Again, I disagree. He was very average in a Spurs shirt and although he has done well since, he would not have been given enough games for us to reach that level here

Back