• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players we should not have sold

Kanoute springs to mind for me. No reason to sell apart from him missing an end of season tournament or something. We would have made the too four in 2005/6 if he'd stayed. He would have been worth an extra three points at the vert least. He was better than Mido and certainly better back up than Rasiak.

I think our 4231 system is set up to have a BRILLIANT guy in the hole feeding the striker and making it all tick.

That is not Holtby nor Paulinho, they aren't BRILLIANT.

In 4 years' time it will be Lamela and Eriksen, but maybe not at 21.

So for me VdV would be THAT man to really make us tick and sit up and go "wow".

But only if he got space by not playing those damned inverted wingers and pulling the entire game into the middle.

We looked so much better today with proper wingers.

I think our 4231 system is set up to have a BRILLIANT guy in the hole feeding the striker and making it all tick.

That is not Holtby nor Paulinho, they aren't BRILLIANT.

In 4 years' time it will be Lamela and Eriksen, but maybe not at 21.

So for me VdV would be THAT man to really make us tick and sit up and go "wow".

But only if he got space by not playing those damned inverted wingers and pulling the entire game into the middle.

We looked so much better today with proper wingers.

But some of our best play today happened when Lennon and/or Chadli came in centrally. Neither played as and out and out winger today, looked like a 4-3-3 at times.

Back