• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

I really really hope that is the last time we see the Skipp/Hojberg combo

No Sarr, Bissouma and Bentancur still not match fit, unfortunately I think we will see it a few more times.

It is the first time in a long time where the team has a system, and as a result that system sometimes (painfully) makes it obvious if a player fits, while that isn't great personally for PEH, Skipp, Dier, hopefully it helps our recruitment (clarity re what we are looking for)

I might be in the minority here but I thought we improved when Hojbjerg came on against Bournemouth. We were really struggling to get out of our half and retain any possession before he came on but I thought our play was much more calm with him on the pitch.

I get that he’s not a long term option for the way we want to play under Postecoglou but he has been quite important for us as an option off the bench this season and if we are selling him then we need a decent replacement who can hit the ground running.

I might be in the minority here but I thought we improved when Hojbjerg came on against Bournemouth. We were really struggling to get out of our half and retain any possession before he came on but I thought our play was much more calm with him on the pitch.

I get that he’s not a long term option for the way we want to play under Postecoglou but he has been quite important for us as an option off the bench this season and if we are selling him then we need a decent replacement who can hit the ground running.
Timing of when he came on made a difference
They had made their changes and gave up their huge tactical win on our right
Pierre was fine but that pass to Veliz was dumb
He was also the guy running down the byline for the cross to Gil which was great play

I agree that whoever comes in has to be able to hit the ground running. But I’ll also add I don’t see anyone buying him in January because his fee will be too high

Timing of when he came on made a difference
They had made their changes and gave up their huge tactical win on our right
Pierre was fine but that pass to Veliz was dumb
He was also the guy running down the byline for the cross to Gil which was great play

I agree that whoever comes in has to be able to hit the ground running. But I’ll also add I don’t see anyone buying him in January because his fee will be too high
i think it makes sense for us to keep him till the end of the season anyway. He’s clearly not a bad apple and has had to play quite a lot of minutes. i think we’d still get £15m or so for him his summer and having him here until then IMO is worth more than the £5m or so more that we might get for him now.

The ball to Veliz was the right ball to play if Veliz wasn’t injured. The fact that Veliz had started to make a run to receive the ball probably influenced Hojbjerg into making the pass.

I didn’t read the match thread on here but did anyone one here mention the decision that Postecoglou took to leave us with no more subs to make with there still being a fair portion of the game left?

Back