• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pav Contract Extention - Why is the Question ???

Defoe and Pav are pretty much the same, their ability to strike a ball is up there with some of the best, but that is all they offer, if they don't get the ball supplied to them with the chance of a quick shift and shoot then they might aswell not be playing.

Defoe's work off of the ball is far superior to Pav's. He is quite happy dropping deep and helping make up the numbers in midfield.

I had said earlier, it was not going to be easy to replace Pav as the 4th striker. It is being proven now. Replacing Pav with past-his-best Saha was always going to be a failure. Saha did well to score on his debuts but since then has gone missing. Semiliarly, Adebayor, VDV and Defoe have lost the goal scoring boot for a few months now. How we could make use of Pav's goals now ! We badly need goals from somewhere but none could provide that now. Pav's winning goal against Sunderland could yet prove to be crucial in where we finish this season.

Oh dear lord, I was wondering how long this would take. The reason we are struggling is not down to Pav leaving.

He was a talented player. But he ultimately never really took his chance with us.

The last games that Pav played for us he was awful, truly awful. Though that could be down to not being given the match time.

The last games that Pav played for us he was awful, truly awful. Though that could be down to not being given the match time.

That was because he had already decided to leave since Redknapp was not giving him any chances. He is the sort of player we need now. Someone who could score goals !

Defoe's work off of the ball is far superior to Pav's. He is quite happy dropping deep and helping make up the numbers in midfield.

I don't aree with the 2nd part at all, he spends 95% of the game standing offside.

I disagree with the premise. We got a good price for Pav, and it was probably about the right time to sell.

Where we went wrong was signing his replacement.

Selling pav was a long time overdue
Buying saha was a mistake - Agreed, does what Defoe and VDV but not as well.
Loaning out corluka was disappointing, should have sold him.
Not loaning a back up for Walker was a mistake. With Naughton available next year, why would you buy someone?
Loaning out pienaar was not a mistake. He was never able to produce at Spurs. Was never going to work. Should have sold him and brought in someone who could cover for Modric.
Loaning out bassong was not a mistake, he's been dire since he went.
Signing nelsen was a mistake - Agreed.

The big mistakes were not bringing in cover for Ade, Lennon and Modric. All the other moves were window dressing.

does anyone know how many league games pav started before xmas ? i'l tell you. a grand total of zero. players always get better when they're not in the side or have left the club

It is funny people are still talking about Pav's lack of workrate or skills. What we need now is someone who could score goals out of nowhere like him ! Pavly rarely wasted those one-on-one chances. In contrast, Adebayor alone has wasted more than 20 of those one-on-one chances this season !

Would rather have seen us keep Crouch than Pav. At least Crouch showed that he could form a good partnership with Defoe and a decent one with VdV. That would have given us options. Ade, VdV, Defoe and Pav meant that we were always depending on Ade to play as none of the other 3 could form effective partnerships.

Pav was with the club last season when we had a terrible run, no different from this season. I don't see how him being sold can be used as an explanation for our poor form.

When it comes to Pav's attitude, I would like to add this; when you are appreciated at work, you perform better! If you are kept on the periphery and undervalued, your performance dips. I remember looking at the THFC6061 stats at the time and Pav's strike rate was pretty good IIRC?

Always the same - as soon as a player has been out of the team or is sold, fans opinion of them rises. Its as if all their brick performances are forgotten. SImilar with Defoe coming back in yesterday

Back