• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pav Contract Extention - Why is the Question ???

No it wasn't, I want him as far away from this club as possible. He didn't try hard enough, and that seals his fate for me with the club.

Always the same - as soon as a player has been out of the team or is sold, fans opinion of them rises. Its as if all their brick performances are forgotten. SImilar with Defoe coming back in yesterday

I think everybody here knows that Pav was not good enough to start for us,but I think he deserved to be an option from the bench,he popped up with some extremly important goals over the years.In this dark time when it seems nobody can score,I really think having Pav wouldnt be so bad at all

It was him who scored 5-6 vital goals for us in the second part of the season when we finished 4th.
He does look like a league 2 player most of the times,but in matches like yesterday,we really could have used him in the second half.

This thread should not be about Pavlyuchenko's qualities or weaknesses(there are lots) ,but rather if you feel that he could have contributed something in our last 5-6 games.

Remind me what his goalscoring record was like in away league games during his time with us?

Remind me what his goalscoring record was like in away league games during his time with us?

In his last season 4 out of 10 league goals were away...i can remember him coming on against wigan and scoring 2 goals in the 09/10 season aswell...And his most important goal (against YB) was also away
Pav had truly terrible games,but he did score goals and thats what wins u matches

In his last season 4 out of 10 league goals were away...i can remember him coming on against wigan and scoring 2 goals in the 09/10 season aswell...And his most important goal (against YB) was also away
Pav had truly terrible games,but he did score goals and thats what wins u matches

I think if you look at his league away goals record over his entire time with us, you'd be hard pressed to deny that it was absolutely terrible.

Last edited:
I agree - I liked Pav. He knew where the goal was and was more intelligent than given credit for.

It would have been much better to have Pav than Saha. Pav would have been fit yesterday. What we were doing bringing in a past it permanently injured player is beyond me.

fudge me some of you lot have selective memories. Yes his goalscoring rate wasn't bad for us overall, but he was absolutely awful in his more recent performances with us.

If you want to complain about Harry, then ask why Defoe hasn't always been starting ahead of Saha!

fudge me some of you lot have selective memories.
I can't believe this board sometimes. When we're playing badly then it seems like we want all of the 'old cast' back on the back of a few decent performances, disregarding the majority that they've had with the club. Roman Pavlyuchenko could hardly speak a word of English despite playing for an English club for over three years. When he was playing for us, he never seemed to give it his all - and resembled a lost child drifting round the pitch gazing at the ball. He is probably the most lackadaisical player I've ever seen at Spurs, and in times like these where we need a bit of fight - he's exactly the sort of player that we don't need. A passenger.

I can forgive a player for having a lack of technique or ability, but I cannot forgive someone on a wage of over ?ú30,000 per week not giving it their all. It's a fudging insult to the club and the fans who spend their hard-earned money to go and follow the team around the country.

I hope we never see Roman Pavlyuchenko at this club ever again.

/rant

I don't care what anyone says...selling Pav was not a mistake.

He was, is and always will be brick and his very presence at Tottenham was a fudging insult, not only to our traditions and great players of the past, but also to any club with pretensions to competing at the top of the table.

Very possibly my least favourite Spurs player ever.

Ha ha you are all idiots. The only mistake was not getting a decent replacement. Pav was a donkey and a lazy fudge. Not missed at all

Serious case of rose-tinted glasses going on in here.

The problem we have is that we all want to have our cake and eat it. We want our players to run their socks off for the team, whilst scoring 25+ goals per season. Strangely enough, we are not unique in that and those types of players often sell for more money, command higher wages, than we are prepared to spend/invest in.

Pav was brought in as a lastminute.com deal, when Berba sold his soul to the (red) devil. Once the deal was done, it was up to our coaching staff to make the most of his talent. As I said on the old board, Pav is (and was) a decent European "No.10" type player, who relied on his ability to find space to score. He is (and was never meant to be) the English "No.9" type player that people wanted him be?

As for the work-rate bit, I try not to view his performances for us through "rose coloured spectacles". I have always thought that football, at any level (whether you are paid an inordinate amount of money or not), is won and lost in one's head, before a ball is kicked in anger. When he felt wanted, I remember Pav working his socks off for the team. However, in doing this, it meant that we lost what he was good at and the goals began to dry up.

Just before he was sold, I remember saying (on the old board) that we should be careful what we wish for (if and when he was sold)? After going 435 minutes without an away league goal, all I wish for in our last two away games at Bolton and Villa is to see someone in a Spurs shirt score a goal. Like someone in this thread has already said, I remember fondly the goal Pav scored at the Reebok.

Still, from what I am reading, my recollections of Pav must be in the minority, irrespective of the goals per minutes played ratios that I remember THFC6061 posting a while back?

I can't believe this board sometimes. When we're playing badly then it seems like we want all of the 'old cast' back on the back of a few decent performances, disregarding the majority that they've had with the club. Roman Pavlyuchenko could hardly speak a word of English despite playing for an English club for over three years. When he was playing for us, he never seemed to give it his all - and resembled a lost child drifting round the pitch gazing at the ball. He is probably the most lackadaisical player I've ever seen at Spurs, and in times like these where we need a bit of fight - he's exactly the sort of player that we don't need. A passenger.

I can forgive a player for having a lack of technique or ability, but I cannot forgive someone on a wage of over ?ú30,000 per week not giving it their all. It's a fudging insult to the club and the fans who spend their hard-earned money to go and follow the team around the country.

I hope we never see Roman Pavlyuchenko at this club ever again.

/rant

Agreed

Those saying his sale was a mistake are deluded. Getting ?ú8m+ for him was a masterstroke from Levy

Back