• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

Gooner on Arse Mania: Paulinho looks average, his passing is terrible.

DID YOU KNOW?
On his Premier League debut against Crystal Palace on Sunday, Tottenham's Paulinho introduced himself by having a pass completion rate of 90.6%, misplacing just five of 53 passes in the game.

Courtesy of the BBC sportsday site.

To be honest, I noticed there was a point he gave the ball away twice in quick succession and was questioning how well he was going to adjust, but apart from that he was tidy throughout with his passing. Maintaining possession for the team is an undeniably important part of the game

He was everywhere when we were dominating possession, making himself available all the time, dragging their midfielders wide away from Dembele and sigg and made himself a real nuisance to palace - I was really impressed and unsurprised at the motm award.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

Been called up for Brazil to play Australia in Brasilia on September 7 and Portugal in Boston three days later. No Willian in the squad.

Whilst I thought he played well, I was actually more impressed by Kapoue when he came on, he looked very good indeed.

Capoue has definitely impressed me more of the two, Paulinho doesn't seem to be in control of the ball.

Capoue has definitely impressed me more of the two, Paulinho doesn't seem to be in control of the ball.

I do agree that Capoue has been absolutely fantastic for us so far. Paulinho may need a little more time to make a more noticeable impact, unless we consider his prowess in the box. Really promising today, IMO.

Love Paulinho. Adds presence in our midfield, strong on the ball as well as good on it, love his timing into the box. Great little header today.

Love Paulinho. Adds presence in our midfield, strong on the ball as well as good on it, love his timing into the box. Great little header today.

his late movement into the goal - something avb highlighted - is also very good.
just look out for him every time we come close.
definitely going to add a few goals and i'm sure it will be soon.

If he keep up this hes gonna scora 10+ easily pr season

I think there's no doubt Paulinho will get goals for us this season and the guy has a serious engine on him and he gets stuck, in Sandro and him we have probably the two best tackling Brazilian midfielders right now. The only thing i'm not sure of is can he link with the front 3 and play that killer ball because that's what i've yet to see. Often yesterday he just shot straight at goal and didnt play the right option.

Personally, i thought with Capoue, Dembele and Pauhinho we were very powerful and were winning the ball back for fun yesterday but felt it was too much of the same in midfield and too conservative particually at home, would still like to see a creative midfield player come into the 3 in midfield. Doesnt look like Modric will come in the Bale deal as Alonso is injured for ages so we need to look at Pjanic or Halilovic.

I think there's no doubt Paulinho will get goals for us this season and the guy has a serious engine on him and he gets stuck, in Sandro and him we have probably the two best tackling Brazilian midfielders right now. The only thing i'm not sure of is can he link with the front 3 and play that killer ball because that's what i've yet to see. Often yesterday he just shot straight at goal and didnt play the right option.

Personally, i thought with Capoue, Dembele and Pauhinho we were very powerful and were winning the ball back for fun yesterday but felt it was too much of the same in midfield and too conservative particually at home, would still like to see a creative midfield player come into the 3 in midfield. Doesnt look like Modric will come in the Bale deal as Alonso is injured for ages so we need to look at Pjanic or Halilovic.

Or Holtby? Would like to see him given a proper run before we splash the cash on someone else.

Not much discussion recently about our first record signing this season... what are people's thoughts so far? (Disclaimer: please no 'knee-jerk' accusations - these are just my opinions from the little of what I've seen of him so far, and I of course acknowledge that we need to wait a long time before making any lasting judgement)

Personally I feel a little underwhelmed so far. His most outstanding attribute seems to be his runs into the box from midfield, but it's not 100% clear that he's a natural goalscorer. Doesn't seem like a particularly great passer in terms of range or accuracy or creativity, or particularly great at retaining possession under pressure. Seems decent defensively, though a little slow.

Am I being completely blind here? What are his standout attributes? Or is his standout attribute that he's decent at everything?

He's good at everything, and will get better as he adapts to the league. A lot of his runs haven't been picked up by the supporting players, so he hasn't really been given a chance to show what he can do in the finishing department, but I think this is a case of 'very good at all trades, but a master of none'.

Back