• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

Very decent player. Sometimes his touch can be a little loose and his passes tend to be fizzed really hard (rather than cushioned like, say, Eriksen or Capoue) but he has great acceleration in his surges and somehow turns up everywhere. He also comes up with these crowd-pleasing little bits of samba skill :)

he has the ability to do both...speed of the ball tells the receiving player something about what he should do next (react fast!) and you can see Dembele appreciating and enjoying the quicker exchanges across the midfield. its a riskier pass compared to a slow ball, so expect some to go astray but it adds a much needed unpredictability and incisiveness to our movement in the midfield. and its early days still, so we will get better at it.

i noticed the loose balls though, more often today, but i'd excuse him for his the long international break. good thing to see he is very adept going forward and creating chances; not the pure defensive type in Sandro, so we have more options

Only a matter of time before he scores again for us very impressed when he came on , one class through-ball in particular for Lamela!

Only a matter of time before he scores again for us very impressed when he came on , one class through-ball in particular for Lamela!

Came to this thread to mention that! That little side-step he did followed by the inch perfect pass was a thing of beauty.

He has wicked skills on the ball! Love those little glimpses, esp since he doesn't usually get considered a samba player :)

Personally I think Paulie actually tends to have some really good ideas in the final third (started out a bit selfish/overeager with his shooting but has tempered that now), just the execution of the final ball is a little rushed at times. I love his sudden bursts into the box though, AVB had mentioned the usefulness of "surprising" forward thrusts from defensive players in an interview when he first came to England so I think that's what he's referring to, though Paulinho's not a real DM.

I wrote it in the OMT but I'm writing it again, I simply love how popular Paulinho seems to be among the squad.. He seems a really likeable young man, made all the better by his tireless work rate and beaming smile.

We have a team of potential spurs legends, it's ****ing exciting.

article-2426898-182C320D00000578-934_634x351.jpg

Retweeted by Jan Vertonghen:

Steve Nash @SteveNash

Golazo paulinho caralho!!!!!!

Don't understand the criticism of Paulinho. Thought he played well overall too

Well, but not great. Was the second best central midfielder on the pitch after Dembele who was excellent overall I thought.

Paulinho gives us that real goalscoring threat though. 92nd minute and he's still making runs into the box and has the skill to take his chance like he did. Very rare to have a player as complete overall as him that also offers that goal threat.

Overall in play he will probably drift in and out of games at times, very few central midfielders are capable of consistently dominating games when the centre of the pitch gets congested and that's not really his game either.

I've said it previously but Paulinho will be the unsung hero in this Spurs side. Today he was just the hero. That is what great players do though, may have been quiet overall but a moment of genius is what changed the game. Not only was it just a tap in, he made a flick look ridiculously easy, in the 93rd minute of a game.

Fair play Lamela too whos pass was inch perfect.

Well, but not great. Was the second best central midfielder on the pitch after Dembele who was excellent overall I thought.

Paulinho gives us that real goalscoring threat though. 92nd minute and he's still making runs into the box and has the skill to take his chance like he did. Very rare to have a player as complete overall as him that also offers that goal threat.

Overall in play he will probably drift in and out of games at times, very few central midfielders are capable of consistently dominating games when the centre of the pitch gets congested and that's not really his game either.

that's paulihon's best asset - anchoring and bolstering the midfield is his main role and he's really good at that. the way he supports the attack with those signature late runs, right up to the end of the game - that's moving him from the good to great category. Bale was labelled a match winner, I believe Paulinho will prove to be another by the end of this season.

I've said it previously but Paulinho will be the unsung hero in this Spurs side. Today he was just the hero. That is what great players do though, may have been quiet overall but a moment of genius is what changed the game. Not only was it just a tap in, he made a flick look ridiculously easy, in the 93rd minute of a game.

Tbf I think it was him who played the looping ball into Soldado that was chested down away from the CB and nearly resulted in a goal, that was nice. He also left Gunnarsson unmarked for that very presentable chance in the second half though, surprised that while many have criticised him no one mentioned this!? Didn't do a great deal else wrong bar the odd speculative pass but that's all a part of the game. I think he is a great addition.

That goal is sublime. 2 killer passes, the final cross especially is dead-on, and that finish. Ole!

Paulinho now has 2 goals and 1 assist. Not bad for a midfielder ! Just imagine, Sandro took 80 matches and 3 years to score 2 goals ! Forget about Soldado and Eriksen, suddenly Paulinho looks like our best signing ! =D>

If you want to be right about him being the unsung hero you really have to stop praising him, it's catching on!

Players who score goals regularly, and he seems like he will be one of them, are rarely unsung heroes btw ;)

Back