• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

Thought he was hugely, hugely underrated by Spurs fans in his first two games, and rightfully criticised for yesterday. Against Palace and Swansea his passing and control of his areas of the pitch were exceptional. Yesterday though, he looked confused, tired and, most worryingly, scared in the tackle.

I have high hopes for him overall, and very much expect that yesterday was the aberration and the previous games the norm.

He's good at everything, and will get better as he adapts to the league. A lot of his runs haven't been picked up by the supporting players, so he hasn't really been given a chance to show what he can do in the finishing department, but I think this is a case of 'very good at all trades, but a master of none'.

Do you think he has looked very good at all trades for Spurs so far? I don't (but I barely saw him before he joined Spurs and obviously can't read much into just 4 or 5 games).

He's good at everything, and will get better as he adapts to the league. A lot of his runs haven't been picked up by the supporting players, so he hasn't really been given a chance to show what he can do in the finishing department, but I think this is a case of 'very good at all trades, but a master of none'.

Sounds a bit like Dembele... Hopefully in contrast to Mousa he'll get better rather than worse the longer he's with us.

Paulinho is a bit of an unsung hero. He is very very good.

Worked very well with him and Dembele in that central duo today. Reassuring to see. Great balance between pushing forward and staying back to cover from both of them.

With Sandro still returning from injury and Capoue (who looks very good) out we were able to put out a midfield duo that absolutely dominated the game. That's a squad...

Also good to see Paulinho having that extra little bit of something in him when in the final third, great ball for the second goal today. We know he can score as well.

Will be interesting to see how he settles as the season progresses.

Very decent player. Sometimes his touch can be a little loose and his passes tend to be fizzed really hard (rather than cushioned like, say, Eriksen or Capoue) but he has great acceleration in his surges and somehow turns up everywhere. He also comes up with these crowd-pleasing little bits of samba skill :)

Back