• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

My first name is Paul so there's pretty much no chance that I won't have a shirt with "Paulihno" on the back now....

I'm excited about this signing, can't say I've seen enough of him myself but from what I have seen I think he'll be a really fudging good player for us.

I'm ever so hopeful there'll be a nice shiny new striker in the next week or so as well but who knows.

My first name is Paul so there's pretty much no chance that I won't have a shirt with "Paulihno" on the back now....

I'm excited about this signing, can't say I've seen enough of him myself but from what I have seen I think he'll be a really fudging good player for us.

I'm ever so hopeful there'll be a nice shiny new striker in the next week or so as well but who knows.

I wear a 96 German Stefan Kuntz shirt for similar reasons

BOfITrfCAAASera.jpg

The Brazilian international was given a tour of the Training Centre in the summer sunshine and took some time out to reflect on moving to the Premier League from Brazilian club, Corinthians.

"First, I want to thank Tottenham for believing in me," Paulinho said.

"I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs. It's a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham. I know it will be a huge challenge but I think I can help all my colleagues to succeed and give a lot of happiness to the supporters.

"The Training Centre is amazing and I'm very impressed about the conditions Tottenham offers to the players. I will focus on my job and use the facility as much as possible.

"We used to watch the Premier League in Brazil – including Tottenham – and this club has big players. I just want to help them to succeed here. It's nice to have another Brazilian in the squad and I'm excited to meet with Sandro and all the players."

The 24-year-old's arrival was greeted by glorious sunshine and the Confederations Cup winner was quick to claim the credit for bringing some good weather to England!

"I brought the sun with me from Brazil and it's very welcome! I'm excited to live here in England and be successful and happy."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/exclusive-paulinhoand39s-first-interview-060713/

BOfITrfCAAASera.jpg

The Brazilian international was given a tour of the Training Centre in the summer sunshine and took some time out to reflect on moving to the Premier League from Brazilian club, Corinthians.

"First, I want to thank Tottenham for believing in me," Paulinho said.

"I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs. It's a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham. I know it will be a huge challenge but I think I can help all my colleagues to succeed and give a lot of happiness to the supporters.

"The Training Centre is amazing and I'm very impressed about the conditions Tottenham offers to the players. I will focus on my job and use the facility as much as possible.

"We used to watch the Premier League in Brazil – including Tottenham – and this club has big players. I just want to help them to succeed here. It's nice to have another Brazilian in the squad and I'm excited to meet with Sandro and all the players."

The 24-year-old's arrival was greeted by glorious sunshine and the Confederations Cup winner was quick to claim the credit for bringing some good weather to England!

"I brought the sun with me from Brazil and it's very welcome! I'm excited to live here in England and be successful and happy."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/exclusive-paulinhoand39s-first-interview-060713/

Fantastic. I want to give him a hug.

looks/sounds like a nice chap

breaking our transfer record for a Brazilian International \o/

Harold, surely? Haroldihno

Finally! I have to admit, I did worry for a bit there.

Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Holtby. Four players with endless stamina and no little amount of strength. The base for our title-winning midfield? Possibly, if we play a blinder for the rest of this window. :D:D

It's no different to signing Gylfi on the 4th of July last year. We also signed Vertonghen a week later. We do sign people late, but I don't know why some think it's deliberate.

Some just like to bitch, you should know better then to put facts in their way :)

Finally! I have to admit, I did worry for a bit there.

Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Holtby. Four players with endless stamina and no little amount of strength. The base for our title-winning midfield? Possibly, if we play a blinder for the rest of this window. :D:D

Stamina, did Dembele or Holtby ever play the full 90, Dembele tired in every game I watched him.

Stamina, did Dembele or Holtby ever play the full 90, Dembele tired in every game I watched him.

Holtby played 120 minutes in the game away to Basel, where we played the entire extra time with 10 men and Holtby alongside young Carroll in central midfield. Holtby essentially never stopped, having been very active in normal time too from what I remember.

I disagree about Dembele too. He did tire in some games, but that's to be expected. He was reportedly carrying an injury at times and he was extremely important to us and started just about every game he could start.

Well Done D Levy & others who must have worked very hard on this deal.

I Think this represents fantastic business for us and it leaves our engine room in immaculate condition and with great options from the bench....Dakar Rally withstanding all managers need time to get their ideal players and mould the club in their vision...Paulinho is a significant signing and is a massive indicator as to where we are going.

Its great that Levy is backing AVB - got him the dof he wanted and got him a player he wanted.....also it may have been frustrating but I am proud about how we are going about our business and the previous regime seems a million miles away.

IMO this is an immense signing if it takes a few games it takes a few games but I think Paulie will quickly adapt and prove to be an inspired signing.

Well done everyone for getting the lad in and tunnel vision and steely focus....lets sort out the top end of the field!!!!

Coys

I want us to strengthen our defence as well. We conceded too many silly goals last season. Want us to show more ambition than CL place next season. I think we can fight for league title if we make a few more quality signings.

We've already got 3.5 new defenders for next season:

- A top top new CB called Kaboul
- A promising young, England U21, LB from Sunderland called Rose
- A talentented, England U21, RB from the championship called Smith
- A LB called BAE who has been an EPL regular for 7 seasons but missed pre-season and half a season last year

Also - if we keep possession better up the field, our defence will also have a lot less to do.

Seems like a good signing, so what do I need to know about this huy, I hear he's a box to box midfielder, poor mans Jenas?

How quickly do people think we'll see Paulinho in the team. Will he need a rest and gradual integration or will he be ready to slot straight in?

How quickly do people think we'll see Paulinho in the team. Will he need a rest and gradual integration or will he be ready to slot straight in?

He's half way through his season now (as Brazil are 6 months out of kilter with Europe). Guess we'll give him two weeks holiday now and he'll probably be at a similar point to those who have had 6 weeks off when he joins pre-season training.

I think if Sandro doesn't make the start of the season he could well be thrown in. Dembele-Holtby-Siggy isn't exactly the worst starting CM for Palace though if we do want to bring him in gently.

He's half way through his season now (as Brazil are 6 months out of kilter with Europe). Guess we'll give him two weeks holiday now and he'll probably be at a similar point to those who have had 6 weeks off when he joins pre-season training.

I think if Sandro doesn't make the start of the season he could well be thrown in. Dembele-Holtby-Siggy isn't exactly the worst starting CM for Palace though if we do want to bring him in gently.

Whole point of signing players early is that their 'integration' period is pre season and they can hit the ground running rather than us start once more with a second string team once more- we lost top 4 by a point, if we'd had our transfer business done by kick-off maybe we wouldn't have taken only 2 points from our first 3 games!

Dembele, Holtby, sig may not be the worst mid 3 but it's not the best we can put out and it might cost us!

i expect to see him in the team from the off (providing he proves himself on the training pitch)

Back