• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

he was good, but it was palace, and I think they were playing a forward (Mateta) in midfield due to injuries

True, and they were chasing an already lost game, but he looked very calm and composed on the ball. Initially a bit cautious, mostly passing backwards and sideways, but he quickly grew into the game and showed what he could do. Very promising.

Don't want to say he looked Viera-like, but has that rangy look. Telescopic legs. Easier coming on when palace took off a midfielder and left lots of space, but he looked great. Promising player.

Agree with you guys above, looked really promising and consistently made the right choices and did the right thing.

He makes recoveries he has no business making - one thing that has frustrated me all season is how easily players just breeze past our lot on the ball, and with Sarr, the same thing happens for 75% of the move. Player will drop a shoulder, turn, blaze past him...

..and somehow, Sarr comes out with the ball on the other end. It happened three or four times today, and it was amazing to watch each time.

He makes recoveries he has no business making - one thing that has frustrated me all season is how easily players just breeze past our lot on the ball, and with Sarr, the same thing happens for 75% of the move. Player will drop a shoulder, turn, blaze past him...

..and somehow, Sarr comes out with the ball on the other end. It happened three or four times today, and it was amazing to watch each time.
I’d need to see more of him but he just looked in complete control
Maybe it was a no pressure situation but he looks a real talent

he may have dropped back after the brought in Eduard later
He definitely came on to play up top and did nothing
They brought on will hughes to play midfield

Hughes came on later though right, he was definitely sat next to Doucoure for some of the time and made a couple of fouls when we were trying to break.

Really good sub appearance that. As others have pointed out, shiwing real quality defensively and physically, showing good moments on the ball.

All in good conditions of course. Had he played for that poor 20-25 minute spell in the first half he probably would have struggled along with the rest. But really promising to see.

He will have bad games to come but we can see he has a huge ceiling and looks the blockbusters midfield break up man we need, need the support to kick on. Let's hope he gets the time to develop as he looks a player

He will have bad games to come but we can see he has a huge ceiling and looks the blockbusters midfield break up man we need, need the support to kick on. Let's hope he gets the time to develop as he looks a player

All our young players will have the odd bad game, we (and Conte) need to stop being dingdongs about it.

I'd also say it's another hint our recruitment is improving, Gil, Sarr plus Udogie is doing well and there is still potential in Spence. 4 Signings reminiscent of when Spurs did it's best buys.

Impressive cameo. But he skewed a wild shot from range much like he did for Senegal in the WC.So, to paraphrase Lady Bracknell, once may be regarded as unfortunate, but twice seems like carelessness.

Impressive cameo. But he skewed a wild shot from range much like he did for Senegal in the WC.So, to paraphrase Lady Bracknell, once may be regarded as unfortunate, but twice seems like carelessness.
Huh?

His long range shooting is actually one of his strengths. How often do you think these come off, anyway?

Back