• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

I guess its a matter of opinion but yes I do think he was and has been significantly better than the other options you mentioned. I also agree with the principle of people earning their spot but in this case he already has and hasn't lost it. He was just not available for selection.

It's bit like with Maddison did you think needed to earn his starting spot or were you happy enough with him carrying on where he left off?

Not consistently he has not been better.

Maddison has been with the team at training and coaching sessions and is acclimatised to the cold and damp. His immediate return was also facilitated by an injury to Lo Celso.

The wider point is I don’t think anyone has a right to a berth - they should be seen to earn it and I don’t care what the reason for the absence was.

I love how Bentancur gets a free pass, i know he is not upto match fitness just yet but he has been toss the last 2 games and needs to be dropped and subbed in until he reaches those levels again. If that was Skipp everyone would be wanting him out of the team.
Yep
He came back in on a high and was great
Last tow game she has cost us
Yesterday he was in the same space as maddison

I love how Bentancur gets a free pass, i know he is not upto match fitness just yet but he has been toss the last 2 games and needs to be dropped and subbed in until he reaches those levels again. If that was Skipp everyone would be wanting him out of the team.

Who gets in ahead of Bentancur?

But we all know Bentancur's ceiling is above any midfielder we have. Maddison & Bentancur will get game time because they are a level above. It's just a matter of time and fitness

Skipp can play every game and will likely get a little better but never the level of those guys. Bentancur starts, PEH can come in early for the legs or if Bentancur still isn't sharp yet.

Back to the thread, Sarr's engine helps both Bentancur and Maddison.

I'm not a fan of his but i would say Hojberg.

Bentancur has just come back from injury, a month early I might add so I highly doubt he’s 100%. I read somewhere he was desperate to play and went to Ange and said we’re short on players, throw me in. He had barely recovered from his cruciate ligament injury until Matt “Matty” Cash done him over. As Raziel said, he needs game time and I’m sure he will come good. Can always haul him off if he’s having a bad game like he did on Wednesday.

But we all know Bentancur's ceiling is above any midfielder we have. Maddison & Bentancur will get game time because they are a level above. It's just a matter of time and fitness

Skipp can play every game and will likely get a little better but never the level of those guys. Bentancur starts, PEH can come in early for the legs or if Bentancur still isn't sharp yet.

Back to the thread, Sarr's engine helps both Bentancur and Maddison.
Bentancur is one of those that should be allowed to play his way back into form because he's that good when on form, usually a consistent performer and has been out injured almost a year in total.

Not consistently he has not been better.

Maddison has been with the team at training and coaching sessions and is acclimatised to the cold and damp. His immediate return was also facilitated by an injury to Lo Celso.

The wider point is I don’t think anyone has a right to a berth - they should be seen to earn it and I don’t care what the reason for the absence was.
You don't think he's been consistently better than Hojberg or Skipp?!? I have to say I disagree with you greatly and I think most would too.

I know what I'm talking about here, I have a lot of experience in the area you're opining on.

Business travel is one thing for businssfolks (who BTW often get bricky rest and often need a variety of sleeping aids/prescription drugs to have any sleep whatsoever). Atheletes and entertainers/artists work on a different rhythm. To put a footballer who has just played a top level match -especially one with a crushing defeat- directly on a jet for a journey over 4 hours, expect them to have any significant rest whatsoever, let alone allow their muscles to settle back down, would be stupid. It is why they didn't do it.

I suspect that Sarr -like many young men- sleeps well and often. I would also suggest that perhaps even he would've found it harder to sleep right after that match, let alone then enter a 'light training session' back at ours. I am sure he did some sort of warm-down the following day BTW. But the dynamics of that specific situation (crushing loss, big match) mean that it is far smarter to let the dust settle, body and mind recover in one place, take a breath and then head back to the Lane.
Yet our own team will usually head straight home after European matches.

All a matter of priorities.

• Disagree
Reactions: jrh
Flight times mate. Plus they won’t be in for ‘light training’ the next day/later that morning.
He can schedule his own flights. They're not in the next day because they've been with the team all week.

It's a bit different if he's been having a kick about with his mates instead of being at work.

You don't think he's been consistently better than Hojberg or Skipp?!? I have to say I disagree with you greatly and I think most would too.

You would all be wrong because you fail to understand what consistently means.

I don’t appreciate you digging me out. Ange decided not to start him which means I was correct and which was the whole point of the conversation.

It was never about ceilings nor other magical thinking nonsense.

You would all be wrong because you fail to understand what consistently means.

I don’t appreciate you digging me out. Ange decided not to start him which means I was correct and which was the whole point of the conversation.

It was never about ceilings nor other magical thinking nonsense.
I didn't dig you out. If I had trust me you would know. I know you're trying to be rude but I asked you question regarding consistency I didn't say you didn't understand it. Your and my view of a player are just opinions, neither are right or wrong. I'm sure you understand that?

Re Ange, you said Sarr should earn his place back. If you saw the press conference Ange intimated that he Sarr hadn't had much recovery time but he would be involved. That's not the same thing as needing to earn his place. We'll see with the next march if Ange thinks that Sarr has to earn his starting spot.

I didn't dig you out. If I had trust me you would know. I know you're trying to be rude but I asked you question regarding consistency I didn't say you didn't understand it. Your and my view of a player are just opinions, neither are right or wrong. I'm sure you understand that?

Re Ange, you said Sarr should earn his place back. If you saw the press conference Ange intimated that he Sarr hadn't had much recovery time but he would be involved. That's not the same thing as needing to earn his place. We'll see with the next march if Ange thinks that Sarr has to earn his starting spot.

For pities sake. So you are telling me he did not get picked but that when he does it will not be because he won his place back.

And that most other posters feel as do you, that whenever Sarr has played he has been better than the other midfielders - that is what consistently better means.

I don’t believe we speak the same language.

For pities sake. So you are telling me he did not get picked but that when he does it will not be because he won his place back.

And that most other posters feel as do you, that whenever Sarr has played he has been better than the other midfielders - that is what consistently better means.

I don’t believe we speak the same language.
Seems like you just want to fight. Yes I believe Sarr had consistently performed at a higher level than Hojberg or Skipp. I would argue that would be a common view amongst the fan base.

I don't think he lost his place in the first place. He played on Tuesday and arrived back in the country on Thursday, giving him 1 day of training with the team. As I said if you listen to what Ange said regarding him, and the time he was available I wouldn't consider that having to earn his place.

Clearly we have a different understanding of what earning your place in football parlance means.

Seems like you just want to fight. Yes I believe Sarr had consistently performed at a higher level than Hojberg or Skipp. I would argue that would be a common view amongst the fan base.

I don't think he lost his place in the first place. He played on Tuesday and arrived back in the country on Thursday, giving him 1 day of training with the team. As I said if you listen to what Ange said regarding him, and the time he was available I wouldn't consider that having to earn his place.

Clearly we have a different understanding of what earning your place in football parlance means.

You bought back my post several day after I posted it fella.

Sarr has not been consistently better. He has performed better at times. Just look at the match ratings. Consistently means every time, not the majority of the time but every single time.

And even if he had been, I’d still advocate making him sweat to start. Everyone benefits from such a policy I don’t understand why anyone thinks he has a pass straight to the starting XI based on what we have seen to date.

Back