• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

They're good for a club like us they're average for a club like United they need to be signing Fabregas or Ikermerendi not Herrera if they're going to really compete at the top - he's a good player but he's never been capped at the age of what 23? But Mikel Arteta

You can only sign players who want to play for you. Plus we've signed players like this ahead of bigger clubs, given them a platform, and then they have moved onto the bigger clubs. Utd have just decided to go in straight and get in their first. Nothing wrong with that.

How come they can do this without a Dof and don't have to wait til the world cup has ended.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Fapatalk

How come they can do this without a Dof and don't have to wait til the world cup has ended.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Fapatalk

They have a chief executive. Not a very good one judging by the fees they're paying, but still, when money is not an issue it doesn't matter that much. LVG will also have had more time to assess their squad than Poch with Spurs, but we're already actively looking at CBs and LBs. Of course we can't afford to just pay whatever it takes.

Herrera is a good player but he's not top bracket from what I have seen of him. Maybe he'll develop into a 30mil player (whatever that is) but both him and Shaw still have not proven themsleves at the highest level yet. Both moves are a bit of a gamble IMO. I think utd could have done better.

Well LVG could easily have signed Blind instead of Shaw and let's say Schweinsteiger or Claise instead of Herrera, and saved himself 30 mill in the process for both deals, but he must feel the players he has signed are better.

It's in the centre of defence where Man Utd seem particularly weak to me.... and this worries me as they'll probably be in for the same players as us for this position.

Well LVG could easily have signed Blind instead of Shaw and let's say Schweinsteiger or Claise instead of Herrera, and saved himself 30 mill in the process for both deals, but he must feel the players he has signed are better.

Claise is also pretty unproven so equally a gamble, but as you say probably a cheaper gamble. Blind looks good but I haven'tseen enough to comment on him properly. Anyway that leaves the door open for us to sign Blind and Schweinsteiger ([-o<)

Don't think LVG chose those players, he might have ratified them, but they have been United targets for a while.

Don't think LVG chose those players, he might have ratified them, but they have been United targets for a while.

Yeah these are deals Utd have worked on for a long time but still I'm sure if LVG didn't want them he would have vetoed one or both transfers. Utd are loaded but I don't think they want to blow 60 mill on players the manager doesn't want.

Imagine how much saints will want for Lovren :) likely up to 20 mill which will be just as absurd as the 30 mill for Shaw

Getting texts through from Kopite fans saying Liverpool have agreed a £25 million fee for Lallana. Don't know how true it is

All media outlets say that Lallana has arrived in Liverpool for a medical

I like Lallana quite a bit, but I'm kinda happy he isn't coming here. Seems like that classic, "good for a smaller PL team, inflated value, flops at Spurs." Seems like a decent guy and good luck to him.

I guess Liverpool are already spending the Suarez money. ;)

I get the feeling he will seriously start agitating for a move to Spain - just to get the hell away from the UK tabloids. And Liverpool must realise that they're not automatically going to qualify for the Champions League this year - however much they'd like to think those days are back again. So it makes sense for them to cash in on Suarez now and use the money to bring in some top level talent while they have the lure of Champions league football to entice them.

With Lambert, Shaw and now seemingly Lallana going, I can't see Southampton letting anyone else go unless they receive a stupid offer, written transfer requests or not.

Is there any more to the Llalana / Bentley comparison other than age, nationality and being a somewhat late bloomer?

From what I've seen of Bentley on the pitch and some of his comments about life in general he would have fit into a hard working, high pressing Pochettino side about as well as the camel through the proverbial eye of the needle.

I think (in hindsight) Bentley as the star of that Blackburn side was cut a lot of slack, he could get away with some shoddy defending and even a lot of inconsistency going forward because of occasional moments of brilliance that no other player could provide for them. Almost the big fish in a small pond analogy to perfection.

From what I've seen of Llalana that's not been the case, he seems hard working and a team player. He seems a fairly consistent performer and there's not a massive difference in style of play between Southampton and Liverpool, certainly not as big as the difference between Blackburn and us.

Might be something I'm missing here, but I think he will do quite well for them. He's expensive, he's not young, but he's proven in the league and English so the premium fee is to be expected. For a club in desperate need for immediate quality in depth with their upcoming attempt to repeat a league over-achievement combined with CL football possibly wile losing their superstar permanently and at least being without him for 1/4 of the season it's the kind of deal that makes sense.

Back