• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

I think you're doing Snodgrass a disservice. He's a very tidy player for a club like Hull. Not that I'd want us to sign him obviously, but for Hull, he'll be a good player for them. They're doing some great work at that club, improving the squad they have every summer little by little.

I'm with NWND here. I always thought Snodgrass was Leeds' best player and he was one of very few who came through the season at Norwich last year with his stock relatively undamaged. Bruce's job at Hull is to keep them in the premiership. He will therefore be looking for signings that he know can deliver in the PL.

How do you know the fee was £8 million anyway Dubai?

The biggest problem with Hull's signings is that they all appear to be signed at the top end of their value.

What chances do Hull have that they will make a profit on any of their signings? Will another club really pay £10m+ for Livermore or Snodgrass in future, I doubt it.

I'd imagine that financially, Hull may need to rely, to an extent at least, on player sales, that's going to be less likely in future.

Snodgrass and Livermore are both solid players who will improve Hull. The way that the team is shaping up, I'm not looking forward to playing them away this season.

The biggest problem with Hull's signings is that they all appear to be signed at the top end of their value.

What chances do Hull have that they will make a profit on any of their signings? Will another club really pay £10m+ for Livermore or Snodgrass in future, I doubt it.

I'd imagine that financially, Hull may need to rely, to an extent at least, on player sales, that's going to be less likely in future.

Snodgrass and Livermore are both solid players who will improve Hull. The way that the team is shaping up, I'm not looking forward to playing them away this season.

See, I understand fully what you mean but Hull are buying players that will improve their first team and make them more competitive in the Premier League giving them a better chance of staying up and getting the financial rewards from doing so. Whilst I agree it would be great to have a 'sell-on' profit for all players I'd love it for Spurs to just go out and get the best player(s) they can to fill positions in the first team that need filling (ie. centre-back, left-back, forward) to make the team more competitive and let squad players account for any financial short fall.

Steve Bruce's next club.

Hulls signing are worth;

X number of seasons premier lge status is retained + 3x parachute payments

they are spending on solid PL players that will keep them in the lge and the longer they stay in the lge the more attractive they become to players - but for now they have to pay a premium for players that would be wanted by similar sized clubs.

they are essentially trying to achieve what Charlton did under Curbishley, establish themselves as mid table and hope to build from there

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 1m
More
Saudi Sportswashing Machine close to finalising deal for long term target Siem de Jong. Ajax midfielder available on Bosman free. Class act, good signing.

Liverpool after Bony

With the Suarez cash they will easily afford the 25 mill Swansea want

am i missing something or did Saudi Sportswashing Machine pull off a coup by sigining de jong.
i mean isn't he good enough for a top 4 club, or even a club that's more going for them i.e. us ?

really impressed with hulls business, even more so if they sign Dawson, I can see them finishing in the EL slots ahead of the likes of Liverpool and palace

Kaka has signed for Orlando City. They're joining the MLS from next season.

Kaka said:
I could have gone anywhere in the world but I am no longer interested in the money. It is more about the challenge of helping to create something in MLS, to build something with the city, and to have a life project for my family and myself.

Back