• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Mirror going for Michael Dawson as his first signing. I know he isnt getting many starts,but I hope we dont let him go, unless we are planning a back-up signing of our own in the Summer
I know Huddlestone,Livermore and Naughton have filled in at CB previously. Gallas,Caulker,Vertonghen,Kaboul should be enough to get us through until May,barring the odd injury, but I think WG needs to go in Summer and without Dawson we would certinaly need another CB. The young lad from Ajax maybe (Austerweld??)

Could see him going for Dawson, Huddlestone and JD if we chose to sell any of those players. Hoping we could make a deal involving Bentley or Jenas at some point too, but that doesn't seem very likely.

Don't see him going for Gallas at this point, but could be wrong.

Could perhaps see them go for Crouch in January, they are short on strikers...
I can see him going for Parker, and I believe Levy would sell at his age and with his injury record.

Quote from Harry about the QPR job

" you couldn't get a tougher job in football.....at the moment they've only got 4pts from 12 games"

i wonder if he'll ever use the 4pts from 12 games 'when i got here' quote again :-k

" you couldn't get a tougher job in football.....at the moment they've only got 4pts from 12 games"

i wonder if he'll ever use the 4pts from 12 games 'when i got here' quote again :-k

Dangerous territory, as wasn't 4 points from 12 games what he got for us last spring? Not that his media pals will bother pointing it out.

Now it's officially official.

FourFourTwo @FourFourTwo

NEW NEWS Sensationally, and completely out of left field, Harry Redknapp has been confirmed as the new manager of QPR...

Its impossible to wish Harry well. Anyone who thinks he was treated harshly with the sack should remember that it was HIM first, who's actions started the decline of our season, which ended in calamity. By being loyal to us instead of stupidly thinking he had the England job in the bag meant he embarrised himself and destroyed our season.

Its impossible to wish Harry well. Anyone who thinks he was treated harshly with the sack should remember that it was HIM first, who's actions started the decline of our season, which ended in calamity. By being loyal to us instead of ****kingly thinking he had the England job in the bag meant he embarrised himself and destroyed our season.

Simplistic. The speculation certainly didn't help, but there were other factors involved. We dominated many of the games we failed to take maximum points from during that period, so there was little wrong with the tactics on most occasions. Where Harry fudged up was the January transfer window. Once Lennon was injured we had no natural right sided replacement so had to play players out of position to compensate. That left us still being able to dominate possession but we stopped carving out as many chances as we did before. Lennon returns and the result was 10pts from the 12pts.

Mirror going for Michael Dawson as his first signing. I know he isnt getting many starts,but I hope we dont let him go, unless we are planning a back-up signing of our own in the Summer
I know Huddlestone,Livermore and Naughton have filled in at CB previously. Gallas,Caulker,Vertonghen,Kaboul should be enough to get us through until May,barring the odd injury, but I think WG needs to go in Summer and without Dawson we would certinaly need another CB. The young lad from Ajax maybe (Austerweld??)

Dawson turned down a move in the Summer to QPR. AVB was willing to let him go then, and I can't really see why anything would have changed. Dawson is 5th in AVB's pecking order, and I think this time he'll accept a move to QPR just to get games again.

For me: Another London club and one with substantial backing.

Exactly. The less London derbies the better. And QPR to have substantial backing and if they establish themselves in the Premier League and can afford to outbid or pay higher wages then we can they may also become a rival in the transfer market.

I want them relegated and I want their rich benefactor to lose hope, become disillusioned and pull out!

To be honest it's a big ask to keep them up and I think they've hired him just too late to probably do it. I think Norwich, Reading and Southampton are the other serious relegation candidates, and Wigan will be there too as always. They're already 10pts adrift of Norwich.

On paper QPR have some decent, but fading, players. In reality they are bottom for a reason and to turn that around and save them from relegation is a far tougher job than even the one where he saved us from the drop.

The relegated teams will come from Norwich, Wigan, Villa, Southampton, Reading and QPR. The most important thing for QPR is to pick up points against the other teams at the bottom. Somewhere between 30-35 could be enough to survive this year. Norwich and QPR are the ones I think could manage to avoid a last weekend decider. My guess would be Villa or Wigan to join Southampton and Reading.

Remaining fixtures before Christmas with point guesstimates:

Aston Villa: Arsenal (H), Reading (H), QPR (A), Stoke (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (A) - 4 points

Norwich: Everton (A), Southampton (A), Sunderland (H), Swansea (A), Wigan (H), WBA (A) - 4 points

QPR: Man Utd (A), Sunderland (A), Aston Villa (H), Wigan (A), Fulham (H), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) - 6 points

Reading: Wigan (A), Aston Villa (A), Man Utd (H), Southampton (A), Sunderland (A), Arsenal (H), Emirates Marketing Project (A) - 1 point

Southampton: Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H), Norwich (H), Liverpool (A), Reading (H), Sunderland (H) - 4 points

Wigan: Reading (H), Emirates Marketing Project (H), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A), QPR (H), Norwich (A), Arsenal (H) - 6 points

Redknapp also has history of fudging it up from this position (Southampton 04-05)

That was just once though and they went down last day of the season. He also has a history of success....with us! And I think he may have taken over at Portsmouth one season they were in trouble. Regardless of that, ever situation is different and to turn around 4pts from 12 games and save them from relegation is hopefully just out of reach.

Its impossible to wish Harry well. Anyone who thinks he was treated harshly with the sack should remember that it was HIM first, who's actions started the decline of our season, which ended in calamity. By being loyal to us instead of stupidly thinking he had the England job in the bag meant he embarrised himself and destroyed our season.

gonad*s

If I remember correctly wasnt Jol going to go to Noocastle? Yet he is well liked and respected here especially as he did so much for us. As far as im concerned the whole Harry thing was pure speculation and misinterpretation by people who wanted to just hear what they wanted to hear. Yeah im sure he was interested in the England job so would most Managers.

As someone pointed out there were many factors such as players form, speculation, the court case, injuries and above all players in key positions being loanees rather than purchases which would have propelled us.

Anyways

Back