• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

Fair point. It just irks when people who weren't there criticise those who were.
The chorus of "We Love You Tottenham" as the players were walking off at the end brought a lump to my throat!

The atmosphere at WHL can be awesome an don better than anywhere I've ever been

it can also be turgid too

generally its a mix and thats to be expected I think

I think the atmosphere was mixed because we were all stressed as we knew what had to be done...

We hit the post and bar early so again some of us felt it could be one of those nights

It was 4 degrees and wet and getting worse

We were watching a defensive wall vs an attacking force and not getting the goals we deserved. As soon as Myhill tipped Kanes shot onto the post my instant reaction was... been here before

Yet there was still plenty of singing and maybe it didn't come across loud on TV but who cares about TV

Fair point. It just irks when people who weren't there criticise those who were.
The chorus of "We Love You Tottenham" as the players were walking off at the end brought a lump to my throat!

Agree with both of these posts.....

It was really cold too - sick of these midweek games.

Agree with both of these posts.....

It was really cold too - sick of these midweek games.

Im just fecked off that we hardly ever play on a Saturday

Sundays are barely ok but you can access but three Mondays back to back is ridiculous especially as it sets up Leicester nicely and gives them an advantage

It does seem slightly unfair that we have effectively gone after Leicester for the remainder of the season. They should have mixed it up for a true title challenge; one week we play before them, the next week after.

Im just fecked off that we hardly ever play on a Saturday

Sundays are barely ok but you can access but three Mondays back to back is ridiculous especially as it sets up Leicester nicely and gives them an advantage

It does seem slightly unfair that we have effectively gone after Leicester for the remainder of the season. They should have mixed it up for a true title challenge; one week we play before them, the next week after.

Yep. I know some say it makes no difference when we play, especially as we knew we had to pretty much win all our games anyway. That is true. But what it has meant is that in the final run-in we never got to put that bit of pressure on Leicester immediately before they played their equivalent game. If we could have played one of either Man Utd a few hours/a day before they played Sunderland, or Stoke a few hours/a day before they played West Ham, the pressure on them would have been greater. Whereas playing after them always means Ranieri then has a full week to get his team back on the training ground and fully focused rather than having to react almost immediately.
Would it have made any difference? Maybe, maybe not. We will never know. I am not citing this as the reason we have dropped away from Leicester. Just making the point that scheduling can have an impact and there should be an element of fairness.

I could also make the point that 3 Monday night games on the spin shows a total disregard for many fans for whom getting to evening games is difficult due to work commitments, travel times etc. But then I realised I would just get laughed off this board for even suggesting that the powers that be have any interest whatsoever on the impact on fans.

I know a few people at Sky who work in production stuff

Their quite open about how sky manage the fixtures to create the best viewing opportunities for them

No one would want to watch us play west brom other than Spurs fans yet they have steered the fixture in a way that all the so called neutrals wanted to watch it along with Leiceter in the hope we lose

It works for them but it is really is a joke for us IMO

I posted last night (positively) about the crowd as the singing was loud and full on certainly during the first half and also during the second half although perhaps more sporadically as the nerves and tension took hold. When that happens there is more individual comment and shouting of support (and yes, unfortunately by some, criticism) than collective singing. It was incredibly tense.
Having said that I watched the first half when I got home and I was amazed at how quiet it sounded at times. I know that being in the midst of the singing can make it appear louder than it might be across the whole stadium but the way it was reflected on tv did not match what I expected to hear. Do they ever turn the volume down on crowd noise?
During the entire game vs United, I could barely hear the commentator because of the fans singing at full voice. Yesterday I thought was very quiet, and when there was singing, it died out very quickly.

Their quite open about how sky manage the fixtures to create the best viewing opportunities for them

No one would want to watch us play west brom other than Spurs fans yet they have steered the fixture in a way that all the so called neutrals wanted to watch it along with Leiceter in the hope we lose

How many of them are Goon fans as well? Three Monday nights in a row, surely previously unheard of.

During the entire game vs United, I could barely hear the commentator because of the fans singing at full voice. Yesterday I thought was very quiet, and when there was singing, it died out very quickly.
Yes and the close-up shots of fans were of tense, silent, cold, worried faces. But also effects mikes are all controlled individually as Lee Dixon said Pulis was shouting on and on and the commentator mentioned he had turned that mic down in his headset

I don't like how TV schedules dictate football but I have accepted it as part of the game which will likely never go away from the sport.

I'm also no expert on how to drum up viewing figures for football but wouldn't it have made more sense and generated more interest if we were the one's playing first and Leicester were the one's playing 2nd?

You'd have the challenger closing the gap then see how the top side responds. Where as the way this has been done on the Saturday/ Sunday the leader extends the gap to an almost unreachable height and then the next game is just about catch up with the outcome being pretty dull for a neutral no matter the scoreline.

Still, one positive for next season is that we are getting closer to ensuring a minimum 4th place finish which means a significantly reduced number of Sunday matches, so long as we don't go out in qualifying if we finish 4th. will be interesting to see how we do with that at last no longer the case.

I don't like how TV schedules dictate football but I have accepted it as part of the game which will likely never go away from the sport.

I'm also no expert on how to drum up viewing figures for football but wouldn't it have made more sense and generated more interest if we were the one's playing first and Leicester were the one's playing 2nd?

You'd have the challenger closing the gap then see how the top side responds. Where as the way this has been done on the Saturday/ Sunday the leader extends the gap to an almost unreachable height and then the next game is just about catch up with the outcome being pretty dull for a neutral no matter the scoreline.

Still, one positive for next season is that we are getting closer to ensuring a minimum 4th place finish which means a significantly reduced number of Sunday matches, so long as we don't go out in qualifying if we finish 4th. will be interesting to see how we do with that at last no longer the case.

Could even be achieved before we play at Chelsea if United fail to beat Leicester. The only positive to come from that outcome.

Really need City to rest a few on Sunday at St Marys, that would be a nice brucie bonus too

West Brom are such an irritating team. The fact that we have only beaten them once in the last 6 attempts is very poor. They always give us a good game, home or away.

Always deeply disappointed to not beat a Pulis team. I do feel we need to improve our game management and not fall into the one paced way of playing a game, like that lot down the road.

Thought we were playing well for the first half hour up until our goal but then, maybe the fact WBA were playing ridiculously deep had something to do with that.

The last ten minutes of the first half was awful by us in part to their positive response from conceding and due to our over confidence. WBA upped their game and some of our players seemed unaware that they could no longer have the time on the ball like they did in that first half hour. For this reason, I thought that if WBA were to continue with their high press early in the second half and there were no improvement in our play, then we would see substitutions around the hour at the latest. Disappointingly, we saw neither an improvement or a substitution.

I also felt, physical as WBA are, a little bit extra was being meted out to Rose, Dembele and Alli , and with little protection by the officials. Only in the EPL, only in the EPL, could a game as physical as last night's produce one yellow card and that were towards the end of the game, it's ridiculous.

Next up, the Chavs. Let's go and beat them.

Still feel devastated about the result. Been in a foul mood all day. Can't see how we can lift ourselves for the next few games. Just want the season over with now.

Sorry about the OMRT, lads, clearly it was a mistake. I take full blame.

My 2 year old managed to cheer me up tonight when asked what song I should sing to him when tucking him in for bed? "Tottenham", he replied :-D Good lad!

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

think we're missing a classic holding midfielder like a Mikel at times.

Watched on a dodgy stream so didn't see it all but I thought Dier was unusually hesitant. End of first half we weren't going for a second goal at all, very surprising.

Back