• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

Fair point. It just irks when people who weren't there criticise those who were.
The chorus
of "We Love You Tottenham" as the players were walking off at the end brought a lump to my throat!

tickle my balls with a feather for me, I have said many times that the atmosphere at the lane over the last couple of seasons has not been good ( too many brain dead macarons calling the players crap if they misplace a pass in the first minute), however it has been a lot better this season and it was good last night.

I would like to see some of those armchair supporters get down the Lane and see how loud they sing. :rolleyes:

Looking back at both games WBA played over the week,against us and the goons....you know what i will say it, because i'm livid how one side can play so differently in two games in a short space of time.I won't say something fishy was up but apart from the crappy performance,the third gear performance and intensity they put in, some of the goals leaves me saying 'mmmm that's strange that is'....the first goal...foster positioning against sanchez goal,how as a pro goalie he gave so much space to one side of his goal from a shot that was only 15 yards away...the second,the free kick, jacob giving a very cheap free kick away just outside the box... then foster again with his positioning and so called effort in saving the kick,making it easy for sanchez to score.....strange again. Pullis team selection for the goons game,playing quite a few reserves, giving a very laid back pre- match interview plus his view that he wants leicester to win the league,what a co-incidence in their performance. Won't say they threw the game but the goals they conceded were so easily given away you just wonder sometimes.

Against us all the regulars back in,a higher intensity performance,chasing everything that moved,winding Alli up at every moment.....don't mind that but strange how two games in five days,one they couldn't give a feck and another where they busted a gut and tried to kick us all over the place.

Just had to say it,its crap i know,no sense in it really but does my head in how sides decide when they want to play or not to play in certain games. They are home to west ham Saturday,.....3-0 to the hammers then.

Mate,,, this is what winds me up so much about it to. Why did they put so much effort into beating us and didnt show vs the scum?

Winds me up so much how often this happens. Saying that if we would have scored our early chances it would have been a cruise.

Looking back at both games WBA played over the week,against us and the goons....you know what i will say it, because i'm livid how one side can play so differently in two games in a short space of time.I won't say something fishy was up but apart from the crappy performance,the third gear performance and intensity they put in, some of the goals leaves me saying 'mmmm that's strange that is'....the first goal...foster positioning against sanchez goal,how as a pro goalie he gave so much space to one side of his goal from a shot that was only 15 yards away...the second,the free kick, jacob giving a very cheap free kick away just outside the box... then foster again with his positioning and so called effort in saving the kick,making it easy for sanchez to score.....strange again. Pullis team selection for the goons game,playing quite a few reserves, giving a very laid back pre- match interview plus his view that he wants leicester to win the league,what a co-incidence in their performance. Won't say they threw the game but the goals they conceded were so easily given away you just wonder sometimes.

Against us all the regulars back in,a higher intensity performance,chasing everything that moved,winding Alli up at every moment.....don't mind that but strange how two games in five days,one they couldn't give a feck and another where they busted a gut and tried to kick us all over the place.

Just had to say it,its crap i know,no sense in it really but does my head in how sides decide when they want to play or not to play in certain games. They are home to west ham Saturday,.....3-0 to the hammers then.

Nothing would surprise me if there is biased play here in favour of our opponents in this title race. On the face of it you may have an important point. Why were some of their best players rested before playing us?

The other point that comes to mind is how professional was the referee in our game against WBA?
How would this same game have been Referee,d had it been an
Internationa match?
Nothing less should be expected for the Premier League but some referees are guilty of poor/crap/diabolical refereeing in this League!

Thought we did ok first half, second we fell into the trap of playing to their strengths. Once the header went in all belief went both in the players and majority of the crowd. As for the atmosphere I'm not knocking anyone who goes to the time and expense of supporting our club. It wasn't great mainly IMO due to the Swansea performance giving the fans a feeling of it's not gonna happen for us, but the crowd did try...

Thought we did ok first half, second we fell into the trap of playing to their strengths. Once the header went in all belief went both in the players and majority of the crowd. As for the atmosphere I'm not knocking anyone who goes to the time and expense of supporting our club. It wasn't great mainly IMO due to the Swansea performance giving the fans a feeling of it's not gonna happen for us, but the crowd did try...

It was actually ok - not the worst atmosphere and not the best
It was freezing cold and wet
They brought about 50 fans so weren't stirring it up
We hit the post and bar early on which made people nervous and think "we've been here before"
And of course WBA didn't attack

All this factors have an impact in atmosphere.

It started off great and as the game bored on it got worse bug was still ok. I went and I've also seen it on tv and I honestly think it's a typical talksport click bait story

What a depressing result ! Felt badly let down by the team ! Thought we would fight all the way with Leicester for the league title. Instead we have made it easy for Leicester now. Never thought we would lose points to shyte team like WBA at home. Find it hard to accept we have failed to beat WBA home or away this season. WBA has done more than their part to kill off our title chances. WBA is truly our bogey team now as we have failed to beat them at home for the last 4 years ! We need more than a miracle to win the league title now. This match proves yet again that we lack the real quality to win tight matches against defensive minded teams.

Thought Kane would inspire us to beat WBA. Afterall, he has scored 3 goals against WBA before. Instead he wasted yet another one-on-one chance again. He really should have scored from Alli's pass early in the first half. But he hit it too near the goalie who deflected it onto the post. Despite all his 24 league goals, Kane has really wasted too many one-on-one chances this season. All those misses have come back to affect us now. Maybe we were fated not to win this match as we hit the post 3 times. Unfortunately for us, Eriksen also hit the post from freekick in the first half and Lamela hit the post in the second half. Maybe Lamela should have done better with his chance.

We badly lacked a real leader in midfield in this match. We needed someone to inspire everyone to lift their game but we didn't have any. For all his hardwork and skills, Dembele just couldn't inspire us. Apart from his inch perfect pass to Kane in the first half, Alli was never in the match. And he made it worse for himself by punching the WBA player after being provoked. It was a really stupid of Alli to do that as he is almost certain to be banned for 3 matches now. For all his positive impact this season, Alli should learn to control his temper.

After keeping clean sheets in our last 2 matches, our defence let us down badly in this match. Lloris has to take the blame for WBA's goal. He should have dealt with the corner much better. Not sure why he didn't jump to punch the ball clear before being headed into goal by the WBA player. Lloris has saved us many times with world class saves this season. But he has also made a few crucial errors that cost us many important points this season.

Just can't see Leicester throwing away the golden chance to seal the league title now. Wish we had beaten WBA to put pressure on them. We have only ourselves to blame as we have thrown away many crucial points this season. Just hope we will now aim to win our remaining 3 matches to achieve our record league points.

Last edited:
I blame the change in shirt sponsorship font, the simple 'AIA' was working why change it on the night?

Even my 9-year old nephew felt the strange and untimely sponsorship ad jinxed us ! The sponsorship ad read "AIA Thailand Sharing a life". And we duly shared the points ! With Thailand being the owner of Leicester, not sure why we need to put their name on our shirt. Maybe we don't believe in superstitions but you know that if we had used the original AIA ad, atleast one of those shots which hit the posts would have gone into goal !

Ok, I'll bite...

Everyone feels disappointed about Monday. 1-0 up, couldn't capitalise on the lead, let them get into the game and couldn't wrest it back. But do I feel that the team let me down? After what we've achieved this season? Not in a million years.

Really enjoyed the season and would have accepted a top 4 finish at the start of the season. But after coming so close to win the league title and throwing it away like that is unacceptable !

Really enjoyed the season and would have accepted a top 4 finish at the start of the season. But after coming so close to win the league title and throwing it away like that is unacceptable !

I suppose it boils down to believing that we would win it, some did but most of the guys I meet at the games never really thought we would, Leicester always had in the run in to big a lead to overtake. So those who REALLY believe we threw it away and it was unacceptable need to take a reality check.

I am not too disappointed in all honesty as i didn't think we were going to win it anyway and was always hoping we would snatch 4th. If we get second i would be over the moon.

if it wasn't for a freak season from Leicester we would have won this by now.

I am not too disappointed in all honesty as i didn't think we were going to win it anyway and was always hoping we would snatch 4th. If we get second i would be over the moon.

if it wasn't for a freak season from Leicester we would have won this by now.
And given that today is Thursday I'd rather have they stumble we did when we did than have a chance of winning on the last day only for Cheat$ki to do us in. That would have been waaaaaaay more devastating.

Back