• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We were so superior in that first period, had shades of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game but West Brom wrestled their way back into it. They are a horrible team to play, and we do tend to struggle. I feel without Rondon they would have lost comfortably, he is a beast.

We needed to get the second and unfortunately it never came. I thought the ref was really poor tonight, gave nothing against Kane but I'm not gonna blame the ref for us not winning. We struggled against their set up in that second half. Thought we were careless in possession at times and we felt the nerves.

Just hope we go and smash Chelsea. We deserve hay much

We lose our brick around the box? We have the best defence in the league, we have shipped fewest goals from set pieces, and have scored the most from set pieces. That's pretty far from losing the brick in the box imo

I mean when attacking, out final ball is not as clinical as our approach play. Say Leicester, they break as well as we do, but seem to have better movement or play the final ball better. Of course we still have scored the second most goals or whatever so not a lot wrong. Still room for improvement.

We were poor second half, second to every ball and none of our usual zip which is disappointing considering what was at stake. Funny thing was, at the beginning of the first half I thought we would roll them over easily such was our dominance; but from about 38 mins onwards we were poor. Oh well I am happy that we can only blame ourselves for not winning the title. Would have been gutting to win all our matches only to see Chelsea roll over on the last day. Tbh I must admit to liking Ranieri throughout the season, a dignified man with so much integrity. Have not heard him ranting about referees even after Vardy's sending off and none of the mind game bollox. Glad Leicester have won it rather than Goons or City. I want us to give chelscum a real pounding next week.
What exactly has he had to complain about with refs?

I mean when attacking, out final ball is not as clinical as our approach play. Say Leicester, they break as well as we do, but seem to have better movement or play the final ball better. Of course we still have scored the second most goals or whatever so not a lot wrong. Still room for improvement.

I feel like our approach play is more intricate than Leicester's, though. That Alli dink through to Kane early on being a prime example (the one that ended up with a shot against the inside of the post) - I've seen Mahrez and Vardy take up similar positions in various games, but Leicester's practice in those scenarios is to get Vardy running *to* the outside to open space for Mahrez, who then dribbles through and gets a shot away. It's simpler than trying to thread a ball through a tangle of legs to a player coming *in* from the outside.

Same thing with breakaways -most of ours see a pattern of the ball being worked wide and then fed in to players coming in from either out wide or from deep. Leicester's breakaways are mostly a long, accurate pass to Vardy straight down the middle, who makes no mistake.

Tonight hurt. Felt sick for most of the evening. Unjust but again the "luck" has gone they way of the foxes. Seems to be the tale of the season really, alas all is not lost because when i look at our young, passionate squad, i truly believe in them. Sure its not our turn this time but let LCFC have their moment. There wont be another for them. For us, i truly think there will be plenty more battles for the title.

It's not over guys. A loss (Manure) and two draws and if we win out we're champions. Not out of the realm of possibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if we take it out on the Chavs next week and Leicester let their guard down. After that it's two games to make up 4 points. Keep believing you miserable clams! fudge next season. This one isn't over yet!

We lose our brick around the box? We have the best defence in the league, we have shipped fewest goals from set pieces, and have scored the most from set pieces. That's pretty far from losing the brick in the box imo
Not only that, but Leicester's defence ain't all that. They have conceded the most shots from dangerous areas (more than Villa ffs), but somehow the ball has stayed out of their net.

It has fallen their way this year, but we'll learn to take our chances and come back stronger next year. I'd rather be in our shoes than theirs. And this season isn't over yet either!

I don't think we were unlucky, West Brom's goal was coming, yes we hit the woodwork a few times but there's a reason why that's considered a shot off target. Champions win games ugly and we just haven't done that as well as Leicester have. While I wouldn't swap our defenders out for anyone else, we have let a number of leads slip this season, I think we're missing a classic holding midfielder like a Mikel at times.

We need to learn to deal with teams that press us.
Every time we struggle big time.
Just recently, vest ham, bin dippers first half, WBA yesterday.
Others that I can't recall as I sit on the bog.. but it's a huge weakness that won't have gone unnoticed.

We were unlucky yesterday - it happens in Football. We were plain unlucky. Kane and Lamela's shots off the cross bar were simply that. On another day we score. I have us down for a loss next week to Chelsea which is why IMHO it is painful that we didnt win this West Brom game.

However we did well compared to last season and we also drew at their stadium this season. They are a tough team for us to play. We have gotten more draws than wins vs. them at WHL. If you had told me, Spurs would play Liverpool (A), Stoke (A), Utd (H) and West Brom (H) and come away with 8 points out of 12 and no losses. I would have been shocked.

It's not over guys. A loss (Manure) and two draws and if we win out we're champions. Not out of the realm of possibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if we take it out on the Chavs next week and Leicester let their guard down. After that it's two games to make up 4 points. Keep believing you miserable clams! fudge next season. This one isn't over yet!

My concern is that if Man Utd do win the chavs will take it out on us and kick us off the park, they have nothing to play for and a few yellows and a red card will mean nothing to them.

My concern is that if Man Utd do win the chavs will take it out on us and kick us off the park, they have nothing to play for and a few yellows and a red card will mean nothing to them.
Regardless of what happens against Man U Chelsea will be to busy laughing at us to care.
We just to hope teams start turning up against Leicester. The last 8 or so games only West Ham and WBA have given then a game.

Regardless of what happens against Man U Chelsea will be to busy laughing at us to care.
We just to hope teams start turning up against Leicester. The last 8 or so games only West Ham and WBA have given then a game.

That's part of what royally fecks me off

I heard in the radio about how good Leiceter were on Sunday but they played a truly attcious side in Swansea. Same could be said to stoke but at least we stepped out of first gear and weren't given it on a plate

The Guardian seem to give credit for the crowd:

2) White Hart Lane crowd goes down shouting
Last time out, at Stoke City on the previous Monday, Tottenham had the scent of blood. Leicester had dropped points the day before at home to West Ham United and Mauricio Pochettino’s team duly pulverised Stoke. “Leicester City, we’re coming for you,” the Tottenham support sang. It was a different dynamic here, given that it was Leicester who had done the pulverising the previous day and it was obvious that the league leaders’ 4-0 home win over Swansea Cityhad altered the vibe. The White Hart Lane crowd, however, showed their determination to inspire their players. They whipped up a din at the outset and there were bellowed songs about all of their stars – even one about Mauricio Pochettino. What was striking was the love that there is for each of them. Even after the body blow of Craig Dawson’s equaliser they stayed with the team, despite the frustration.

I had a massive rant waiting for the bus at seven sisters as I was so frustrated (see earlier post)

I do think it is unfair to have a pop at the fans in this case, it was a tense, horrible evening. I felt we got over confident as a team with the passing it out from the back, but then we resorted to kicking it long in the second half.

I do feel though that teams have rolled over for Leicester, but seem determined to have a go at us.

I do feel though that teams have rolled over for Leicester, but seem determined to have a go at us.

Hardly surprising as all their managers have said it'll be great for Leicester to win the league. It really doesn't give the players any incentive to play well against Leicester at all.

It's annoying as I can see Leicester losing Sunday, maybe even only getting a point against Everton who are better away from home. But whatever happens we will now definitely need a favour from Chelsea which isn't going to happen. WHY could'nt we get a second......

Maybe one slight positive from this is we have now all pretty much stopped believing and maybe they can still surprise us. Who know's maybe Leicester will get over confident and take their eye of the ball a bit now?

The Guardian seem to give credit for the crowd:

2) White Hart Lane crowd goes down shouting
Last time out, at Stoke City on the previous Monday, Tottenham had the scent of blood. Leicester had dropped points the day before at home to West Ham United and Mauricio Pochettino’s team duly pulverised Stoke. “Leicester City, we’re coming for you,” the Tottenham support sang. It was a different dynamic here, given that it was Leicester who had done the pulverising the previous day and it was obvious that the league leaders’ 4-0 home win over Swansea Cityhad altered the vibe. The White Hart Lane crowd, however, showed their determination to inspire their players. They whipped up a din at the outset and there were bellowed songs about all of their stars – even one about Mauricio Pochettino. What was striking was the love that there is for each of them. Even after the body blow of Craig Dawson’s equaliser they stayed with the team, despite the frustration.

I had a massive rant waiting for the bus at seven sisters as I was so frustrated (see earlier post)

I do think it is unfair to have a pop at the fans in this case, it was a tense, horrible evening. I felt we got over confident as a team with the passing it out from the back, but then we resorted to kicking it long in the second half.

I posted last night (positively) about the crowd as the singing was loud and full on certainly during the first half and also during the second half although perhaps more sporadically as the nerves and tension took hold. When that happens there is more individual comment and shouting of support (and yes, unfortunately by some, criticism) than collective singing. It was incredibly tense.
Having said that I watched the first half when I got home and I was amazed at how quiet it sounded at times. I know that being in the midst of the singing can make it appear louder than it might be across the whole stadium but the way it was reflected on tv did not match what I expected to hear. Do they ever turn the volume down on crowd noise?

I posted last night (positively) about the crowd as the singing was loud and full on certainly during the first half and also during the second half although perhaps more sporadically as the nerves and tension took hold. When that happens there is more individual comment and shouting of support (and yes, unfortunately by some, criticism) than collective singing. It was incredibly tense.
Having said that I watched the first half when I got home and I was amazed at how quiet it sounded at times. I know that being in the midst of the singing can make it appear louder than it might be across the whole stadium but the way it was reflected on tv did not match what I expected to hear. Do they ever turn the volume down on crowd noise?

I think the atmosphere was mixed because we were all stressed as we knew what had to be done...

We hit the post and bar early so again some of us felt it could be one of those nights

It was 4 degrees and wet and getting worse

We were watching a defensive wall vs an attacking force and not getting the goals we deserved. As soon as Myhill tipped Kanes shot onto the post my instant reaction was... been here before

Yet there was still plenty of singing and maybe it didn't come across loud on TV but who cares about TV

I think the atmosphere was mixed because we were all stressed as we knew what had to be done...

We hit the post and bar early so again some of us felt it could be one of those nights

It was 4 degrees and wet and getting worse

We were watching a defensive wall vs an attacking force and not getting the goals we deserved. As soon as Myhill tipped Kanes shot onto the post my instant reaction was... been here before

Yet there was still plenty of singing and maybe it didn't come across loud on TV but who cares about TV

Fair point. It just irks when people who weren't there criticise those who were.
The chorus of "We Love You Tottenham" as the players were walking off at the end brought a lump to my throat!

It did look a lot like the crowd was singing but we couldn't hear them. Position or number of pitch side mics could have been a factor.

Back