• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Some team from somewhere in Europe

One leads to another though. Playing in Cl year in year out means you can afford those salaries.

I think a Russian oligarch bank rolling the club has more to do with their wage structure than Champions League football. Even if we qualified ever year we couldn't match the salaries they pay.

I think a Russian oligarch bank rolling the club has more to do with their wage structure than Champions League football. Even if we qualified ever year we couldn't match the salaries they pay.

True, but if we were the difference in wages would be far less.

True, but if we were the difference in wages would be far less.

If there was a wage cap of some form, then we'd see how much CL actually matters. The group stage is meaningless apart from when you're playing the best/second best team (depending on seeding). Newcomers can of course have tougher groups. It's so few games per season, you have more big games in domestic competitions.

I'd play Pav up front on his own, let crouchy get same game time too and appeal bassongs suspension, we'll win 2-1.

What is the difference between a cup and a trophy?
If you win the EPL you get a cup and if you win any other football competition you get a cup.
I couldn't give a fudge about leagues or knockouts right now-I just want Spurs to win something
In the future we can get "picky" like Fergie was regarding the ECL game and the Chelsea game.

If you win the EPL you get a cup and if you win any other football competition you get a cup.
I couldn't give a fudge about leagues or knockouts right now-I just want Spurs to win something
In the future we can get "picky" like Fergie was regarding the ECL game and the Chelsea game.

This, entirely. In the past decade we have won one league cup. While Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City, and even Liverpool have been winning trophies, we have been farting around losing to Blackburn in league cup finals and Portsmouth in FA Cup semifinals. We must start winning a couple of trophies within a relatively short space of time. Only then will this fabled winning mentality' emerge. And only then will we start to claw back the ground we've lost to Arsenal, Chelsea et al. in the race for trophies. The fact that Chelsea are just one behind in the number of FA Cups won is demoralizing, and the fact that even Portsmouth won it more recently than we did is equally maddening. We need to win trophies. Regardless of the importance, we need to win them.

--------------Lloris----------

Naughton-Caulker-Vertonghen-BAE

--------Sandro---Hudd------------

-Lennon------Sig---------Townsend

--------------Defoe---------------

2-0. COYS.

A6CypmlCAAAmff1.jpg

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker-Dawson-Caulker-Naughton
-------Livermore-Huddlestone-----
Lennon----Sig/Dempsey-Townsend
------------Defoe----------------

For me. Give Vertonghen and Sandro a little breather, give Townsend a start in a good side against a team he can do well against. Give Dawson a start and some match fitness.

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker-Dawson-Caulker-Naughton
-------Livermore-Huddlestone-----
Lennon----Sig/Dempsey-Townsend
------------Defoe----------------

For me. Give Vertonghen and Sandro a little breather, give Townsend a start in a good side against a team he can do well against. Give Dawson a start and some match fitness.

I'd probably rest Defoe for this one and play Clint up top.

Agree with this, lets use this competetion to raise our profile in Europe, it must help us to attract promising young players before they go on to be out of our price range.

On the same programme as Liverpool again,fantastic. 5 mins talking about our game & then a tossathon over those useless mugs

1 goal for Defoe & he goes into 8th place on his own in the all-time top THFC scorers table
2 goals for Defoe & he goes into second place in the top THFC European scorers table.

Hence, 2-0 Spurs

If we paid more money than Chelsea then they would come to us, that would enable us to get CL, what we have achieved under Levy has been great, I detest the damage that "new" money has done to football and I am proud that we have within reason done so well by being well run.

I agree with all of that, but I'm sure I remember reading that one player stated that they'd have preferred us had we got into the CL instead of BNP Fulham Branch FC

Back