• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Some team from somewhere in Europe

As long as we don't pick up any injuries the EL to me is about AVB having the chance to check out players and systems. Sadly Townsend was toilet tonight. Perhaps explains why he didn't start him against Cheat$ki last weekend.

I thought the same about Townsend. This was a chance for him to show what he can do but he was shyte. I think he lacks the quality to compete in top level matches.

Anyone else getting really bored of our performances this season ?

Results haven't been overly bad, but performances in all but a couple of games are really boring for the majority of the game. And when I say boring, it doesn't have to mean bad... Chelsea won the league boring everyone to death.

+1 . Hugely disappointed. I expected a high line, fast passing and team pressing game. Cant see any of that. We dont have a Plan A at the moment never mind a Plan B. IMV there hasnt been any improvement on tactics, free kicks, corners etc. I was expecting to see a much better organised team - and I cant.

Plus, I HATE bringing all 11 back to defend corners and freekicks. its just plain daft.

Gotta agree and soon every team will be playing like this, hard to beat but hard to watch. Most attacks ended with our flankers looking at Defoe and Sigg on the edge of their box unlike Chelsea who had 3, 4 sometimes 5 players in our box.
Most fans here are being patient but I did not become a Spurs fan because they were hard to beat but because they were exciting to watch.

Edit:11 men back at corners is really, really annoying me ATM

+1 . Hugely disappointed. I expected a high line, fast passing and team pressing game. Cant see any of that. We dont have a Plan A at the moment never mind a Plan B. IMV there hasnt been any improvement on tactics, free kicks, corners etc. I was expecting to see a much better organised team - and I cant.

Plus, I HATE bringing all 11 back to defend corners and freekicks. its just plain daft.

Took a wee while longer than normal for me to figure you out. You're a hater, and rank along side the board hero's like Raboner, Mick Cooper etc. Shame, because when you first started posting you were actually ok.

Gotta agree and soon every team will be playing like this, hard to beat but hard to watch. Most attacks ended with our flankers looking at Defoe and Sigg on the edge of their box unlike Chelsea who had 3, 4 sometimes 5 players in our box.
Most fans here are being patient but I did not become a Spurs fan because they were hard to beat but because they were exciting to watch.

Edit:11 men back at corners is really, really annoying me ATM

It wouldnt annoy you if you understoood what that means.

Poor game! Wake me up when the knockout stages start. These group games are so dull beyond belief!

Hope AVB starts resting at least a couple of our more important players in the next Europa game, even Fergie rotates his teams in Europe.

Naughton dived plain and simple. Yes there was contact, but there is no rule that states that any contact in the box or even outside the box means it's a foul. It's were you fouled? Yes or No? Naughton made the most of. That's the problem with football these days, 99% of players would have gone down in that situation, and to make it worse, you get ex pros and commentators say "well he was entitled to go down there." ](*,)

I think we'll make it through, but our plan of actually taking the competition seriously appears to be backfiring a bit. We may end up with the same outcome as last season, only with our first teamers having played more games and potentially suffering fatigue earlier in the season.

I thought the same about Townsend. This was a chance for him to show what he can do but he was shyte. I think he lacks the quality to compete in top level matches.

I think it was pretty obvious from day one that Townsend lacks the necessary quality. He is very direct and quick, and against an out of sorts full back that alone can pay dividends but his all round game isn't Premiership quality in my opinion.

Anyone else getting really bored of our performances this season ?

Results haven't been overly bad, but performances in all but a couple of games are really boring for the majority of the game. And when I say boring, it doesn't have to mean bad... Chelsea won the league boring everyone to death.

We've been poor this season performance wise, and due to a kind opening fixture list our league position doesn't reflect that honestly. Man Utd probably sums up our season so far. Good for the first half, terrible for the second but some how got away with it through more luck than judgement.

But I personally didn't expect any different. It's going to take Villa Boas time to get the team to gel, and by losing Modric and letting VDV go we've lost two thirds of our flair. It's painfully obvious we need some sort of playmaker in the spine of the team.

Back