• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham Hotspur V Boro

Tough on Lamela

Fresh legs for later, having sized up their weak points from the bench.

After thought .... those that have been rested are not even on the bench, Poch needs a strong card up his sleeve, and it's Lamela.

Last edited:
I would rest anyone with a niggle. So Dembele we need badly for the CSKA game, Walker needs a rest, Dier too, so I thought Winks was better than Carroll midweek, so I would go with him alongside Wanyama. Although, Carroll will not let us down and keep the ball.
I would play Sissoko, Lamela and part each for Eirksen and Alli.
Up front I would look after Son and play Janssen, instead.
This focuses more on CSKA and, of course, it risks a worse result today, but I think we can do Boro but we must look after our more senior players. It is a long haul.

Could equally be:

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama - Sissoko
Eriksen - Alli - Son
Janssen​

After all Sissoko was supposedly signed as Dembele's understudy

Sissoko was signed to give us pace and power to break the lines I would say? He's not an understudy.

I don't think we actually have understudies among the senior players, and it isn't tough on Lamela because he will play in Russia. The understudies are GK, Onamah and Winks. Everyone else is playing when they can and rotated to keep fresh.

Think Dele looked ok in the deeper position last season but this year he could have been better. We need someone there to help break forward through midfield and Dier/Wanyama doesn't work, so hopefully Dele doesn't sleep on his defensive marking responsibilities. Also a little surprised he hasn't given Winks the opportunity today.

Would prefer Sissoko in midfield next to Wanyama. Would have preferred Winks than Sissoko. Clearly I don't have much confidence in our new £30m man. COYS

Sell them all .... bin Poch ..... depose Levy !

Oh sorry, for once one of my 'inner voices' went keyboard.

Back