• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham Hotspur V Boro

With a huge trip to Russia coming, which is now nearly a must-win (certainly a must-not-lose), I think we should be careful with the squad. I think he'll mostly go back to our first choice XI with a few tweaks. Wouldn't mind seeing a line-up like these that would only have Dier, Lloris, Toby, Vertonghen, Janssen, and Eriksen playing both matches.

Boro:

----------------------Lloris--------------------
Trippier-------Toby--------Jan--------Davies
---------Dier-------Wanyama------------
Sissoko---------Alli------------Eriksen
--------------Janssen---------------------

CSKA:

----------Lloris--------
Walker--Toby--Jan---Rose
------Dier---Dembele
Son---Eriksen---Lamela
---------Janssen-----

With a huge trip to Russia coming, which is now nearly a must-win (certainly a must-not-lose), I think we should be careful with the squad. I think he'll mostly go back to our first choice XI with a few tweaks. Wouldn't mind seeing a line-up like these that would only have Dier, Lloris, Toby, Vertonghen, Janssen, and Eriksen playing both matches.

Boro:

---------Dier-------Wanyama------------
Sissoko---------Alli------------Eriksen

CSKA:

----------Lloris--------
Walker--Toby--Jan---Rose
------Dier---Dembele
Son---Eriksen---Lamela
---------Janssen-----

Dier looks cream crackered and his firm this season has been a shadow of his imperious self if last year. Combined with his cramp/hammy of last week. No way should he play at Middlesboro, never mind both games. With Wanyama around we can afford to rest him.

can't say i have noticed anything wrong with Dier or his performances so far this season

I most certainly have. He looks leggy, slow to close down, often caught the wrong side, doesn't anticipate danger. As I said, a poor shadow of last season IMO.

can't say i have noticed anything wrong with Dier or his performances so far this season

He's been steady, but not as imposing as he was last season. I was wondering if it's we have grown accustomed to the shift he puts in, or he just has been a little short of last year.

---------Dembele-------Wanyama------------
Lamela---------Alli------------Eriksen

Eriksen (how early he came off in ECF), Lloris, Vert's, Jannsen, Alli are probably the absolute certainties.
I would go with the above with the hope we could get a couple up, and get Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen off with 20 minutes left.

badger.jpg

Sett?

Burrah!
Time to Sett about the Burrah!

Neither have I, though given he's young, was flogged to death last season by playing far far too much and then played in the Euros, it wouldnt be a surprise if he was tired

Dier looks cream crackered and his firm this season has been a shadow of his imperious self if last year. Combined with his cramp/hammy of last week. No way should he play at Middlesboro, never mind both games. With Wanyama around we can afford to rest him.

I haven't seen it from my perspective. He's been a key member of a defence that has conceded 2 league goals in five league matches — both on set pieces that had next to nothing to do with him. Thought he was dominant alongside Toby at the back last week as well.

I do take your point that we don't want to burn him out, and maybe swapping a Sissoko, Winks, or Carroll in alongside Wanyama at Boro would be a good idea. Would help him be fresher against CSKA.

badger.jpg

Sett?

Burrah!

Game Set and Match...anyone for tennis?

Awesome that we have 4 on-form players for the 3 AM spots. Poch could happily rotate them based on how they are physically. However, with Kane out, does Son becomes 2nd choice front man? Whether that means moving position if Janssen is subbed (and Lamela starts on the bench) or Son starting from the bench I don't know.

Dier or Wanyama is the other rotation option. One to play Saturday, the other midweek.

Tripier looked in good nick last night, and its an option for Poch to give him this game too, and keep Walker fresh for the CL.

Last edited:
I think Dier showed before he went off on Sunday that he is perhaps a little off the pace; the way he was so quickly turned in the lead up to the Pienaar shot that Walker cleared off the line had me a little worried. A fit and firing Dier would have cleared that simply or at least not let the attacker intercept the ball AND skip round him so easily.
He could do with a rest this weekend imo (even if he has recovered from whatever strain that forced him off vs Sunderland).

My suggested team:

Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Vertonghen

Wanyama Dembele

Alli Lamela Son

Janssen

Keep Eriksen, Davies rested for Russia. Bring on Sissoko for last 20 IF we are winning. If not, bring on Eriksen

I fancy us to win 1-0, with a goal from a corner by Alderweireld. COYS

Game Set and Match...anyone for tennis?

Awesome the way we have 4 on-form players for the 3 AM spots.

I think that is a major sign of our progress. It also sets a bar for the likes of Sissoko and others if they want regularly football which I think is fantastic

I think that is a major sign of our progress. It also sets a bar for the likes of Sissoko and others if they want regularly football which I think is fantastic

This, was one of the reasons when people said Sissoko was a bad buy because he's not consistently motivated I wasn't worried.

Sissoko, Son, Janssen, even Lamela & Eriksen know, you want to play? you want to play in CL? you have to earn that by performance in training and on pitch.

I expect to see fringe players busting a gut against boro for the chance to play in CL

Back