• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham Hotspur V Boro

Poch has his work cut out to figure out how to use the squad for 3 big important games in a week - 'boro - CSKA away - Emirates Marketing Project.

You could argue that the 'boro game is the 'easiest' and therefore the one that will have the weakest line up. With full strength teams for CSKA and City before the international break.

But then again the intl break could be the reason why he could choose a full strength team for all 3 matches.

Dier, Dembele, Walker all felt muscle issues against palace so may not survive 3 games in a week.

However i'm not worried at all as i feel our squad is strong enough to cope.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama - Dembele
Sissoko - Alli - Son
Janssen
Save Lamela, Eriksen, Walker and Dier for Moscow and City. Just hope Dembele can survive the 3 games.

team for boro:

----------------lloris
trippier----toby----vert----davies
---------wanyama--dembele
---sissoko-----alli-------son
-------------janssen

team for cska:

------------lloris
walker----toby----vert----rose
-------dier------wanyama
---lamela----eriksen----son
------------janssen

team for city:

-------------lloris
walker----toby----vert---rose
-------dier-----dembele
--sissoko-----alli----eriksen
----------janssen

...................Lloris..................
Walker...Toby........Vert....Davies
........Wanyama.....Dembele.......
Sissoko.........Eriksen............Son
................Janssen................

Apparently Dembele and Dier struggling with more than cramp according to Poch. No point risking either. They should be careful with Walker too

Lloris
Walker Alder Vert Davies
Wanyama Alli
Eriksen Son Lamela
Janssen

Trippier for Walker if he is considered at risk.

Hopefully then for CSKA we can bring in Dier, Dembele, Rose, maybe Sissoko

Apparently Dembele and Dier struggling with more than cramp according to Poch. No point risking either. They should be careful with Walker too

Lloris
Walker Alder Vert Davies
Wanyama Alli
Eriksen Son Lamela
Janssen

Trippier for Walker if he is considered at risk.

Hopefully then for CSKA we can bring in Dier, Dembele, Rose, maybe Sissoko

I wouldn't move Alli back. I thought that he really struggled there against Monaco and we were a lot less effective as a result. If Dier and Dembele are out, I would go for Winks.

I wouldn't move Alli back. I thought that he really struggled there against Monaco and we were a lot less effective as a result. If Dier and Dembele are out, I would go for Winks.

I agree that Alli is much more effective in and around the box. With runners such as Son and Alli, we would be playing to VJ's strengths, especially while he is struggling for goals himself.

Yea good shout. Maybe give Lamela a break (not that he looks like he needs one)

Did someone really do that in the above picture - that is worrying!!
My mate used to do things like this.
He would also go skydiving and try to open his chute as late as possible.
You'll be AMAZED to learn that one day he smashed into the ground and died.

I'd go double W for this ( Winks and Wanny) and then double D (Dier and Dembele) for CSK and City.

Assuming Dier, Dembele, Walker, and Rose are out for the Boro game, I'd go for this

---------Hugo--------
KT-----TA--JV----BD
---Alli---Wanyama
Sissoko--Eriksen--Sonny
--------Janssen------

That team should be good enough to get the result up there. COYS.

While Sissoko has looked bright I don't agree that he has done enough yet to justify starting ahead of Lamela, one of our most consistent performers since the start of last season. I would use him as a sub to come on and run at teams when they tire.

While Sissoko has looked bright I don't agree that he has done enough yet to justify starting ahead of Lamela, one of our most consistent performers since the start of last season. I would use him as a sub to come on and run at teams when they tire.

I'd want Lamela starting against CSKA and City and I don't see him starting all three. Sissoko will probably start at least one of our next two.

Wouldn't it be nice if Poch ended the Wenger hoodoo after twenty fudging years.

I like his comment at the end saying it would be nice to stay with us for 20 years. I doubt it will happen for a multitude of reasons but the fact he even mentioned it means it is something he has contemplated.

We have won our last 2 league matches to move into 3rd place in the league. We need to continue winning to stay in the top 3 places in the league. We have a very poor record at Boro. We have won 1, drawn 5 and lost 5 in our last 11 matches at Boro. So, this could be a very tricky matches for us even if Boro are not doing well now.

We did well to beat Sunderland last week, even if we should have scored more. With Kane out injured, we need to find goals from other players. Now we need to rely on Janssen to start scoring for us in the league. He did score from penalty against Gillingham in the League Cup. But we need him to score goals from open play in the league. Let's hope he can start doing that from this match. Players like Eriksen, Lamela and Son too need to step up and become consistent goal scores for us.

Still not sure what our best midfield combination will be. With Dembele returning from his ban, we have more options in midfield. Pochettino needs to find the right partnership to strengthen the midfield. But Wanyama needs to stop getting silly yellow cards. Sissoko too needs to improve his end products for all his hard work and run. We will also need Alli conitnue his revival of form.

Our defence have done well to keep clean sheets in our last 2 league matches. Let's hope we will keep another one in this match. Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld have not been really tested in the last 2 matches. But Walker did make a goal-line clearance against Sunderland. This shows we have to be alert against all the times.

We have struggled against promoted teams in the past. Hope we will be more ruthless against Boro this time. Will be very disappointed if we don't win this match.

Any "t e a m n e w s" yet ?

Want players like Eriksen and Lamela to start this match after their good performance against Gillingham. Afterall, Lamela has not started the last 2 league matches. Somehow can't see this being as easy as the Stoke match. Hope we will just do enough to beat them and get all the 3 points.

Back