• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player from the past 20 years.

modric was exceptional for us, our midfield wouldnt be the same without Alli's goal threat or demebele's physical presence and retention though, we'd have to come up with a way to get all three of them in

modric was exceptional for us, our midfield wouldnt be the same without Alli's goal threat or demebele's physical presence and retention though, we'd have to come up with a way to get all three of them in

4-4-fudging-2 :D

I am sure Poch would find a way.

Whilst I have already said Bale and despite it marginally stretching the 20 year remit (based on his first incarnation), I'm amazed that no-one has said Klinsmann. We have one out and out CF in ot squad and he was an outstanding complete out and out CF - excellent finsiher, good in the air, worked hard, movement, quick reactions,....if he was playing today he'd be worth £40m- £50m

Whilst I have already said Bale and despite it marginally stretching the 20 year remit (based on his first incarnation), I'm amazed that no-one has said Klinsmann. We have one out and out CF in ot squad and he was an outstanding complete out and out CF - excellent finsiher, good in the air, worked hard, movement, quick reactions,....if he was playing today he'd be worth £40m- £50m
Yeah, all that plus a massive lift to the team, the club and probably most of all the fans

On a general level I would take Modric any day, as he is top tier world class in a role/position where there's ironically not too many world class players left in the world. BUT if put into our team TODAY I would take Bale. What Modric does is make others around him much, much better with his sublime vision and awareness of his teammates' positions and opportunities, the assister to the assist, as well as his outerworldy ball holding ability. Dembele has always been very good at, as they do in the sport known as hand-egg, getting the extra 10 yards. While he hasn't got a patch on Modric's spacial awareness, he doesn't make that guaranteed extra dribble and stupid decisions to the same extent, which has led to his great impact to our team.

But Modric won't change the fact that Lamela has very little of the said awareness, and he won't improve that Kane sometimes should make the pass instead of shooting with a defender 2 feet away. Nor will he make Alli better at being a receiver than a creator. What Modric is though, is the Eriksen-role and Dembele-role merged into one player, which leaves another player position open to do, ermm... stuff.

Bale however, is an instant tea with amphetamine replacement for Lamela and Son, and has all the qualities they lack or are not so good at. He's got extreme energy and speed, he's great with both feet and his head, he doesn't make rash decisions or move himself into lack of space, he's very versatile, he's selfish when he should be and unselfish when he shouldn't, his movement and positioning is top notch and, he's great at passing and spotting the open man, and he has a vicious shot. We would be an undergarment-wetting threat from every damn single offensive situation that could occur on a football pitch, now that Eriksen has mysteriously forgotten how to strike a ball from set piece. He commands quite some wages, though.

What the hell, get them both and we would win the Champions League.

He wouldn't get picked by many but I think a peak level Keane would be a good fit for this team. Who wouldn't enjoy seeing him waving and pointing, orchestrating moves from the front?

And his somersaults and pistol shooting after scoring in his early years. I really miss those celebrations.

Bale is obvious, his pace, goal threat, ability to produce something out of absolute nothing, his ability in air (improved since leaving us) all make him the no brainer. I also think the replacement of Chadli/Lamela/Son to accommodate is fairly easy as well.

I would make a case for the next player to be VDV as vs. Modric. And yes .. he isn't a Poch type player re fitness levels, but VDV's ability to raise his game for the big matches, how he mauled the Scum, his passion is something this young team would feed off, learn from and could lift the team.

Modric/King are both great players, but not sure they impact areas we are lacking in right now.

I think Ginola would be horrific in this Pochettino team. While he was an absolute magician on the ball, his application off of it consisted of him standing on the left touchline waiting for the ball. Having him do this would render our pressing game absolutely useless.

Ginola was a GHod and I think in the modern game in the Eriksen/Alli Role he would have been a superstar.

This is the guy who won PFA player of the year and should have won it with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who was wanted by Barcelona...

Ginola was a GHod and I think in the modern game in the Eriksen/Alli Role he would have been a superstar.

This is the guy who won PFA player of the year and should have won it with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who was wanted by Barcelona...

...who never closed down a player in his whole career.

No one is saying that he was a bad player, just that he would not be a good fit for a Poch side.

Bale. But it has to be our Bale and not the Real Madrid one that's got used to not having to work hard in his own half.

Klinsmann. Best striker I've seen in my lifetime of supporting Spurs, and capable of scoring all kinds of goals with either foot or his head. I think a complete striker who can get on the end of crosses, get in behind the defence and chase balls over the top, can play with his back to goal and link play, would be a perfect option for this team that relies heavily on one player at present.

Back