• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

Would be madness I think.

We're vulnerable defensively as a team with major changes being made and injury problems in defensive midfield. We need all the experience we can get at the back, and we need to give Vlad time on the pitch to keep adjusting.

Chucking unproven youngsters in at the back is unlikely to fix anything and I don't understand what you're basing the idea that Fryers or Veljkovic is better than Vlad on?

But he was fine before. I don't think he's right after the injury or has some issue with sherwood. His confidence looked completely shot yesterday.
Yes chucking them in probably wont work but if he's gonna keep costing us goals so they are worth the gamble.

But he was fine before. I don't think he's right after the injury or has some issue with sherwood. His confidence looked completely shot yesterday.
Yes chucking them in probably wont work but if he's gonna keep costing us goals so they are worth the gamble.

How do you know that gamble is better than the gamble of keeping Chiriches in the team?

Seems like a "couldn't be worse than" type argument that seems quite common and at best very optimistic about your youngsters. Both Veljkovic and Fryers could be significantly worse than a Romanian international regular/star I think.

If it's a confidence issue will it help to drop him to the bench behind a young kid? Or might it be better to keep him in the team to let him regain his confidence?

I would say Lamela has to start this one, get him playing off Soldado or Ade if Lennon is back.

Hoping Lennon is back, we do kinda need him.

Assuming Eriksen will continue in the middle of the pitch and the hunt for the right player to play next to him will continue. Capoue seems like the natural choice for me with our injury problems, but obviously Sherwood sees it differently.

Keep playing Soldado.

Naughton at right back, rest of the back 4 picks itself.

I would say Chadli on the left. I don't think Sig has the mobility to play there if we want to play a 4-4-2 and Chadli has been showing some promising signs at least.

I would say Lamela has to start this one, get him playing off Soldado or Ade if Lennon is back.

Hoping Lennon is back, we do kinda need him.

Assuming Eriksen will continue in the middle of the pitch and the hunt for the right player to play next to him will continue. Capoue seems like the natural choice for me with our injury problems, but obviously Sherwood sees it differently.

Keep playing Soldado.

Naughton at right back, rest of the back 4 picks itself.

I would say Chadli on the left. I don't think Sig has the mobility to play there if we want to play a 4-4-2 and Chadli has been showing some promising signs at least.

I think if Lennon returns there is no way Tim will pick Lamela. Hope he does though

How do you know that gamble is better than the gamble of keeping Chiriches in the team?

Seems like a "couldn't be worse than" type argument that seems quite common and at best very optimistic about your youngsters. Both Veljkovic and Fryers could be significantly worse than a Romanian international regular/star I think.

If it's a confidence issue will it help to drop him to the bench behind a young kid? Or might it be better to keep him in the team to let him regain his confidence?

It worth trying something before the united and arsenal games as far as i'm concerned.

It worth trying something before the united and arsenal games as far as i'm concerned.

I agree. Let's try to get our highly rated £8-9m Romanian international central defender that has shown that he has a lot about him and that he's good enough for this league back in form and working within the Tim Sherwood version of Spurs.

Am I the only one who thought we were playing today? ****in hell what a let down for a Saturday.

Surely we have to play Capoue FINALLY to protect the back 4 (esp if Dembele and Sandro are still injured). It would also be great to see Paulinho under Tim but it means shifting Eriksen to the left... and letting loose Lamela on the right?

Surely we have to play Capoue FINALLY to protect the back 4 (esp if Dembele and Sandro are still injured). It would also be great to see Paulinho under Tim but it means shifting Eriksen to the left... and letting loose Lamela on the right?

I like Paulinho. Does Sherwood?

Very interesting days at Spurs now. Sherwood said in his interview after the WBA that matches are almost like training sessions to find his best XI.

If neither of Capoue or Paulinho starts this one I might go full conspiracy mode and say he's ignoring them because they were AVB's choices.

I like Paulinho. Does Sherwood?

Very interesting days at Spurs now. Sherwood said in his interview after the WBA that matches are almost like training sessions to find his best XI.

I alluded to this in another thread yet certain people on here cannot grasp that idea. The games are so thick and fast that I imagine the only training there is are akin to gym sessions and mainly recuperation.

If neither of Capoue or Paulinho starts this one I might go full conspiracy mode and say he's ignoring them because they were AVB's choices.

Capoue surely has to play - seems like a natural partner for Eriksen if you ask me. Would like to see us play 4-3-3 though with Eriksen, Capoue and Holtby in midfield and then Lennon, Soldado and Lamela up top

The Paulinho question in an interesting one - whilst I don't want to compare Sherwood's playing ability with a Brazilian international, Paulinho and Sherwood weren't completely dis-similar players....attacking, box to box midfielders though without being blessed with overly-great passing ability. Wonder whether Sherwood would therefore be able to get more out of Paulinho....at the moment he hasn't looked like he's worth close to what we paid for him

we're going to have go all Pulis like,set up for a 0-0

Why?? This is a Spurs side, struggling, sacked AVB & I really don't think Sherwood has a clue what he is doing, they were lucky to win against Saints, & were lucky to get a draw with a poor West Brazil.

Should set up to win, and hit them hard

If Ryan IS out then then ******** to going for a 0.0

lets go for goals

As usual when we play Stoke they seem to be too busy moaning about something than talking about their next game.

I'm assuming Lennon and Townsend are still out:

-----------lloris
naughton--dawson--fryers--rose
fredricks--bentaleb--eriksen--lamela
-----------soldado---ade

I've seen a few people say we were lucky to beat Southamtpon? Erm, why? Could easily have been 2-5 or 2-6.

I hope:

............................Lloris................ ..........
Fredericks.....Dawson.......Vlad.............Rose
Lennon........Capoue........Paulinho......lamela
...........................Eriksen
..........................Soldado.........................

I expect

Naughton.....Dawson.......Vlad.............Rose
Chadli........holt by........Eriksen......siggurfsson
...........................Ade

Either way we should win, but I just hate what Tim is doing...

or he's ignoring Paulinho because he's been non existent and a passenger for the majority of the games he's played.

I hope:

Fredericks.....Dawson.......Vlad.............Rose
Lennon........Capoue........Paulinho......lamela
...........................Eriksen

I expect

Naughton.....Dawson.......Vlad.............Rose
Chadli........holt by........Eriksen......siggurfsson
...........................Ade

Either way we should win, but I just hate what Tim is doing..

Another one who has made up their mind on the basis of three games. Give me strength.

I suppose you were delighted with all home performances under AVB?

or he's ignoring Paulinho because he's been non existent and a passenger for the majority of the games he's played.

It's a difficult one with Paulie. Surely he is better than he has shown so far with us. Maybe Sherwood can get him to play in a way AVB couldn't.

Same applies to a lot of our other new signings too eg Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen

Back