• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

FWIW here are Stoke' results against the Top 7 for the past 2 seasons... last campaign they managed to pick up a point at WHL (and Anfield) but so far this season they have lost every one of those away days, so hopefully the trend continues on Sunday... [-o<

Fixture (last season)SpursARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd
Stoke (h)n/a (0-0)3-1 (1-0)n/a (1-0)4-0 (1-0)1-0 (0-0)n/a (3-0)3-2 (4-2)

Tottenham v Stoke (Sunday, 4pm)

I played with Tim Sherwood at Portsmouth and he's a lad who knows his football. I'm glad he got the Tottenham job because they've given it to an Englishman who knows his football rather than a foreign manager coming over with no experience. They've given Tim a chance and I'm pleased with that.

But I still think it's a massive club and it would have worked better with Glenn Hoddle there and Tim working under him for a year or two and then taking over as part of a big four or five-year plan. It's a big job to jump straight into.

Stoke had two players sent off when they were 1-0 up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and you haven't got any chance then, not in the Premier League. They've got a problem now, too, because Marc Wilson and Glenn Whelan are two players who play for them every week, so they will have to find replacements while they're suspended.

I'm going for a 3-0 Tottenham win here. I think they'll have too much for Stoke. Miles too much.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0

WTF? Is he back on the gin again?

My team -

Lloris
Naughton Dawson Chiriches Rose
Lamela Capoue Eriksen Chadli
Ade
Soldado

Tims Team -

Lloris
Naughton Dawson Chiriches Rose
Lennon Eriksen Sig Chadli
Ade
Soldado

A6244_zps933af6b4.jpg

Not excited as I'd like to be seeing as it's the last (home) game of the year.

The team I would send out - Lloris; Naughton, Dawson (to combat Crouch), Chiriches, Rose; Paulinho (fresh), Dembele (he can play the more defensive midfield role but I think this game is one of the few we can get away without a true holding mid); Lennon, Eriksen; Soldado, Adebayor.

The team Tim will send out - Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose; Lennon, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Lamela; Soldado, Adebayor. Although he may give Defoe a chance in this.

It's the most confident I am of a win since Palace, Stoke are rubbish so even Tim should 'mastermind' us to a win over Stoke. Especially with Asmir 'Superman' Begovic out injured. 2-1

Kyle Walker - suspended
Aaron Lennon - 'has a chance'
Jermain Defoe (hamstring) - doubtful
Mousa Dembele (ankle) - doubtful
Sandro (calf) - out
Younes Kaboul (thigh) - out
Andros Townsend (hamstring) - out
Jan Vertonghen (ankle) - out

Walker Kaboul Verts
Lennon Dembele Sandro Townsend
Defoe

That is 8 of a 1st XI under AVB out.

Seems like the end for JD.

Kaboul has not been a regular for 2 years and Defoe was not an AVB regular in the league. Lennon and Townsend also didn't play every game.

Time for Chiriches to be dropped tbh.
He cant continue to cost us goals every game.
Paulinho and Eriksen in the middle should be a good combination.

Must of missed all the goals he's cost us, but anyway...Who do you propose we replace him with?!

What is the alternative? Capoue? Fryers? Is Veljkovic the answer?

Time for Chiriches to step up to the plate. If he ain't good enough to play against Stoke then bye, bye.

I think he just needs to change his attitude. Get his shorts dirty and he could be major player for us.

I think he could've done better for the first Southampton goal, don't see what he did wrong for the 2nd? Lloris was most at fault, then Dawson, then Eriksen and Bentaleb. West Brom goal I thought Ade went to clear it, missed and the ball and it ran through to Olsson.

You must be blind he was at fault for a goal each against West Ham and West Brom and for both Southampton goals.

Fryers or Veljkovic.

Would be madness I think.

We're vulnerable defensively as a team with major changes being made and injury problems in defensive midfield. We need all the experience we can get at the back, and we need to give Vlad time on the pitch to keep adjusting.

Chucking unproven youngsters in at the back is unlikely to fix anything and I don't understand what you're basing the idea that Fryers or Veljkovic is better than Vlad on?

Back