• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

I think 'thats what we want to see more of' or 'that's what we know he's capable of' would have gotten the point of complimenting across well, but the choice of 'I didn't know he had that in him' suggests he genuinely didn't know.

In my case it's not an agenda, it's just not what I want to see from the Head Coach of our club when talking about a player that could well be a World Cup winner in 7 months time.

I think he really did say it in jest. I think he meant what you meant 'thats what we want to see more of' but it just came out differently. We all speak in different manners but some say it in more eloquent and straight forward fashion.

Personally I think he mean that Paulinho has been ****e for the last few months but against Stoke he was very good and thats down to him using his ability rather than being shackled

It's more than just 3 though. This guy's been*sent off twice against us too for reckless challenges

Stoke's chairman complained about dubious refereeing. Levy just keeps quiet like the new boy from out of town.

I hope our next manager will be as pr savvy as Mourinho, who would turn this into a media spectacle and end Adams career.

We need to bite back, Sometimes.

And you claim not to have an agenda against TS. :ross:

Mate, just take a step back and listen to yourself. Even Steff has said you are not being fair. Give the guy a chance and stop jumping down his throat at every opportunity. He may or may not be the answer. But one thing is true, it is too early to judge him.

For example, regarding context. What if he had said something like " wow that Paulie, what a player. Absolutely fantastic. I didn't know he had that in him. He is truly world Class. We are lucky to have him etc etc". The context changes everything. The phrase " I didn't know he had it in him " is not, in and of itself, necessarily a stick to beat him with.

Lets all take a breath and see how it goes shall we - and not view everything he says or does through the warped prism of ones feelings towards a previous manager - whether positive or negative.

Again, I really don't think you read my posts. I've actually been very complimentary of Sherwood, his tactics, his system the way he has us playing, and the fact that I don't believe his lack of experience is as much of an issue as others make out. I'm COMPLETELY on board with seeing where it goes and have in numerous threads listed many specific points and aspects of his management that I am already intrigued by, and impressed with. This has absolutely nothing to do with AVB.

I am just saying here, as other people have said, I prefer my managers not to act dumber than they are, and if he isn't acting dumb and really didn't know what a Brazilian international could do, I would prefer that he did. I even like Sherwood in interviews most of the time. I think he is funny, I think he gets on well with the interviewer and it will go a long way to getting us positive press coverage. His 'we'll get our tin hats on' comments about preparing to face Man United made me laugh, and his tactical insight in terms of picking out exactly where our performances need to improve and saying it in the interviews, and then seeing us do exactly that in the next game, is great to see.

The aspect I don't like though, and I'd like to think I'd be able to say without being told I have an agenda against TS or only saying it because I miss AVB (I've had that levelled at me 3 times in the last few days and it's really annoying, as I've said I've been very complimentary on a number of aspects of Sherwood's management, and listed them in this post again for any avoidance of doubt) is that I would like to think as Head Coach of our club, he knows more about our players. He DID say he didn't know what Capoue could do, and he DID say he didn't know Paulinho had it in him. He could have chosen so many other word combinations but he chose that one, and I'd personally prefer it that he at least gave the impression that he knew about the squad full of internationals that he has just taken over with no previous managerial experience other than working with the kids. I'd expect a Daily Mail journalist not to know what these foreign internationals could do. I'd expect the Head Coach of the club to be well aware.

No agenda.

Stoke's chairman complained about dubious refereeing. Levy just keeps quiet like the new boy from out of town.

I hope our next manager will be as pr savvy as Mourinho, who would turn this into a media spectacle and end Adams career.

We need to bite back, Sometimes.

Not sure if it's the chairman's job to do that, but I would like to see our manager be a bit more cynical and put some pressure on the referees.

Like with the upcoming United game with Webb in charge, nothing too sinister, just a sneaky little reminder that he's been giving a lot of decisions United's way to make him think twice.

Again, I really don't think you read my posts. I've actually been very complimentary of Sherwood, his tactics, his system the way he has us playing, and the fact that I don't believe his lack of experience is as much of an issue as others make out. I'm COMPLETELY on board with seeing where it goes and have in numerous threads listed many specific points and aspects of his management that I am already intrigued by, and impressed with. This has absolutely nothing to do with AVB.

I am just saying here, as other people have said, I prefer my managers not to act dumber than they are, and if he isn't acting dumb and really didn't know what a Brazilian international could do, I would prefer that he did. I even like Sherwood in interviews most of the time. I think he is funny, I think he gets on well with the interviewer and it will go a long way to getting us positive press coverage. His 'we'll get our tin hats on' comments about preparing to face Man United made me laugh, and his tactical insight in terms of picking out exactly where our performances need to improve and saying it in the interviews, and then seeing us do exactly that in the next game, is great to see.

The aspect I don't like though, and I'd like to think I'd be able to say without being told I have an agenda against TS or only saying it because I miss AVB (I've had that levelled at me 3 times in the last few days and it's really annoying, as I've said I've been very complimentary on a number of aspects of Sherwood's management, and listed them in this post again for any avoidance of doubt) is that I would like to think as Head Coach of our club, he knows more about our players. He DID say he didn't know what Capoue could do, and he DID say he didn't know Paulinho had it in him. He could have chosen so many other word combinations but he chose that one, and I'd personally prefer it that he at least gave the impression that he knew about the squad full of internationals that he has just taken over with no previous managerial experience other than working with the kids. I'd expect a Daily Mail journalist not to know what these foreign internationals could do. I'd expect the Head Coach of the club to be well aware.

No agenda.

Understood and am pleased to hear you are giving TS a chance. No one is perfect and he has made an encouraging start so far IMO. I just don't like what I consider unwarranted criticism ( much like you and our former encumbent ;) ). I am encouraged by your post above.

Glad to hear there is no agenda. Lets all give him a chance. Who knows, he may prove to be our Cloughie - you heard it here first \o/

Not sure if it's the chairman's job to do that, but I would like to see our manager be a bit more cynical and put some pressure on the referees.

Like with the upcoming United game with Webb in charge, nothing too sinister, just a sneaky little reminder that he's been giving a lot of decisions United's way to make him think twice.

Great idea. I always notice Mourinho refer to him as one of the best refs in the world - even when criticising him!

I think TS could do worse than bring up some of Webbs dubious decisions against us in the past to try and put pressure on him here to keep it honest.

Back