• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

--OMT-- TOTTENHAM vs Notlob

Serious 'lots of empty seats' fears
Being a sad sad sad bugger, I did a quick count of the unsold seats on the seat map yesterday. Still just over 4,000 unsold. Shocked it's not a sell out, the FA Cup has really fallen from grace in the eyes of the fan.

Tottenham v Bolton preview

Spurs and Trotters set their sights on Wembley

Last updated: 16th March 2012

The prize for the victors is a day out at the home of English football in the last four, with the Trotters having made that journey 12 months ago.

They let themselves down in 2011 and will be determined to right those wrongs this time around.

Spurs, though, are determined to get their hands on major silverware, offering them something to show for their efforts this season.

The north London outfit have been eliminated in three of their last four appearances at the quarter-final stage, but have emerged victorious in four of their six previous FA Cup clashes with Bolton.

Spurs have also won seven of their last eight FA Cup games at White Hart Lane, scoring 27 times in the process.

Bolton will be aware that they face a tough task if they are to make the semi-finals, with Premier League survival their priority this season.

They will, however, be giving it a good go in the capital, with only one defeat suffered in their eight previous outings at the sixth round stage.

Unfortunately for them, none of their last 16 meetings with Spurs in all competitions have been won by the visiting side - meaning they should be looking to take the tie to a replay.

Pack shuffled

Carlo Cudicini will continue with his cup duties on Saturday, with Brad Friedel set to be rested and Heurelho Gomes sidelined for four weeks after undergoing knee surgery.

Michael Dawson's season has been ended by an ankle problem, and Jermaine Jenas and Tom Huddlestone are other long-term absentees.

Aaron Lennon remains doubtful as he nurses a hamstring complaint, but Rafael van der Vaart, Louis Saha and Jake Livermore are all eyeing recalls to Harry Redknapp's starting XI.

Eagles doubt

Chris Eagles is a major doubt for Bolton ahead of their trip to the capital.

The midfielder suffered a hamstring injury last weekend after coming on as substitute in the victory over QPR.

England U21 striker Marvin Sordell is cup-tied, but Spanish defender Marcos Alonso is in contention for his first game in three months after coming through two reserves games.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,,11065_3498726,00.html

Bolton have returned even MORE tickets. So from an initial allocation of 7 blocks, they first gave back three & have now returned the two in the lower South leaving them with just 2 blocks in the South upper. The wont even sell those out. Woeful support.

--------Friedel--------
Walker Kaboul King Rose
--Parker Modric Sandro
-----VdV-----Bale----
---------Saha--------

Last edited:
If Ade is out:

-----------Friedel--------
Walker-Kaboul-King-Ekotto
VdV--Modric--Parker--Bale
--------Defoe-Saha------

Ade in for Saha if he's fit.

Bolton will be playing 451. They might be able to frustrate us if we play a 442.

--------------Cudicini-------------
Walker---Kaboul---King-----Ekotto
Kranjcar-Livermore-Modric----Bale-
---------------VDV---------------
-------------- Saha--------------

If Ade is out:

--------Defoe-Saha------

I'm bringing this out again :mrgreen:

VgD8p.jpg

Bolton will be playing 451. They might be able to frustrate us if we play a 442.

Kranjcar-Livermore-Modric----Bale-
---------------VDV---------------
-------------- Saha--------------

I'm guessing similar, just think it maybe Rose for Ekotto. Defoe for Saha

Being a sad sad sad bugger, I did a quick count of the unsold seats on the seat map yesterday. Still just over 4,000 unsold. Shocked it's not a sell out, the FA Cup has really fallen from grace in the eyes of the fan.

Tried it too, stopped counting at 2,500

------------Livermore------------
-------VDV--------Modric--------
Kranjcar----------------------Bale
--------- -Ade/(Defoe)-----------

If Ade is out:

--------Defoe-Saha------

Fck that crap. Can we please play one of our world class players in his correct position? Thank you.

van der Vaart is no more a right sided midfileder than BAE. I hate this brick playing players in wrong positions. It's whats blown our lead in third in the first place.

I'm bringing this out again :mrgreen:

Don't make me go digging around in the Everton OMT where I put the same team (Ade for Saha) :p

Fck that crap. Can we please play one of our world class players in his correct position? Thank you.

van der Vaart is no more a right sided midfileder than BAE. I hate this brick playing players in wrong positions. It's whats blown our lead in third in the first place.

*Ignoring the swearing*

*Ignoring the blatant, and laughable, hyperbole of comparing VdV on the right to BAE on the right*

*Ignoring the point about players in wrong positions has blown our lead seeing as VdV has started on the right in exactly none of the 3 league defeats we just had*

Not much content left in your post.

I'll just say that VdV has played some very good games on the right, he's very good going forward from that position and we should be able to deal with Bolton defensively with him on the right - no, really! I think a combination of two strikers, allowing us to stretch their team, with the creativity in midfield and movement of VdV in a position he plays well in and is likely to see plenty of the ball from is the best approach to beat Bolton.

might not be many more than 30K. bolton only taking 2 blocks which will probably be half full and unsold seats galore in most areas of the ground.

always was just greedy, stupid and unrealistic expecting people to pay full prices for a saturday night tv game at a week's notice

BOLTON (H): TEAM NEWS

Posted 16 March 2012 11:30am

Aaron Lennon is unavailable for the weekend's FA Cup clash against Bolton with a hamstring injury, whilst Ade is a doubt.

The 24-year-old winger last featured against Stevenage in the fifth round replay at White Hart Lane and remains sidelined.

Harry revealed that Emmanuel Adebayor also has a hamstring problem and might not feature against Owen Coyle's team.

"We're still waiting to see, we've got one or two knocks. Adebayor has a little bit of a hamstring problem so we'll wait and see how he is," the manager told his pre-match press conference on Friday.

"Aaron Lennon is still out with his hamstring injury, so there's one or two little knocks but we'll see how we are this morning."

might not be many more than 30K. bolton only taking 2 blocks which will probably be half full and unsold seats galore in most areas of the ground.

always was just greedy, stupid and unrealistic expecting people to pay full prices for a saturday night tv game at a week's notice

I agree, i'm confident we would have sold out at ?ú25 per ticket. But as its a business the Club will make money from 30,000 at ?ú35 than they will from 36,000 at ?ú25 I suppose.

Just as well we dont have a 55k stadium just yet, would look embarassing this weekend

Play the best team possible. Play them in their best positions. Dont play anyone who is injured. Keep it simple and score from corners.

..................Friedel..................
Walker....Kaboul...Gallas......Ekotto
Kranjcar..Parker...Modric.....Bale
.............van der Vaart.............
.................Defoe.....................

3-1

Back