• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

--OMT-- TOTTENHAM vs Notlob

I think when you get to this late stage in a competition, its very much about how much you want to win. A side like ours, going in half-hearted against a team hell-bent on winning and we will struggle. Yes, you can see Bolton picking up this match whenever it's played, and going for it. But it's only a game - as we have so shockingly been reminded today - it's only a game. There doesn't have to be a script to be followed. Whatever happens, you just hope it's played in a manner that's respectful to Fabrice.

It galvanises a team for sure, but doesn't always mean things will go their way. A weakened Manchester United just weren't up to finishing of the European Cup campaign of 1958 successfully. I also remember Hillsborough well... the script was an all-Mersey final with Liverpool winning the cup. Then a week later, they were scripted to win the title. Which they didn't thanks to Arsenal, and Michael Thomas. That's football. Just a game.

For now, all our prayers are with Fabrice Muamba. By the grace of GHod he's still alive and we hope he goes from strength to strength. But looking at the knock-on effects from the purely footballing perspective, looking at our 2011/12 campaign, we've now had our task even more handicapped. I would expect the Stoke match to go ahead as scheduled, then Chelsea quickly after, then there's the rearranged Bolton match, which will be a massive, poignant occasion. You have to wonder what frame of mind the lads are going to be in. But this is where you have to be mentally strong and put on a professional display in three of the most challenging matches they will ever play.

Good post

Will FA Cup magic ever exist for me after today? Will playing Bolton after this bring back memories for me?

It just feels like everything's gonna be different now.

Awful, awful day. So scary. His heart just stopped beating. Just to think it could have been me. Today was a horrible day in the footballing world, and a great reminder what football really is. It's just a game.

Coyle said: "Fabrice is critically ill. The next 24 hours are going to be absolutely crucial.
"We've obviously been inundated with people wishing him well and we hope that if everybody can pray strongly tonight that Fabrice is able to recover."

Never thought the match will be stopped in this way. When Bolton scored first, thought we were going to lose. But due credit to us for the way we came back and scored the equaliser. But after scoring, we get complacent against. By the time the match was stopped, we were struggling a bit. Looking at the reaction of the players, you have to wonder if the will be mentally prepared to play against Bolton in the replay.

Never thought the match will be stopped in this way. When Bolton scored first, thought we were going to lose. But due credit to us for the way we came back and scored the equaliser. But after scoring, we get complacent against. By the time the match was stopped, we were struggling a bit. Looking at the reaction of the players, you have to wonder if the will be mentally prepared to play against Bolton in the replay.

I think the mental preparation side of it is more Bolton's prerogative... Defoe & King aside (who were childhood friends with Muamba) the Bolton players are still his team-mates, and as such, would be more deeply affected... I'd imagine some of them never want to set foot inside WHL again... (I just hope none of our players feel the same, or else we're in trouble!)

you know what, having come back to this thread and seeing your ,Grimsby's, response , i've re-read what you said and i raise my hands up that i interpreted what you said totally wrong .

i sincerely apologise for that. its funny cause i knew it didnt sound like you at all which is why i said "i dont follow initially"
i thinkthe basis for my error was that i didnt know you were talking about a TOTAL game cancellation as opposed to cancelling the game on the day.

really sorry about the misunderstanding and resulting accusation, was totally uncalled for. I guess i must be that cynical to begin with

Fair play African good of you to admit

Perhaps as penance you will read the end of that big issue thread you refused to read

Fair play African good of you to admit

Perhaps as penance you will read the end of that big issue thread you refused to read

No. sorry to be blunt about that bullet mate but with this one i can easily see where i've made an error and a bad one. i dont really need to read anymore on that other stuff you know what i mean. everyone has their beliefs and judgemental tendencies about something or someone. He's no different and he has every right to speak his mind........and quite frankly i think if i read into that thread more my opinion of the guy is going to drop and right now i think he;s a pretty decent internet persona. so i'll leave it there before i get defensive LOL

For what it's worth African I think your a top poster (despite not particularly agreeing with much you wrote when I first joined the board 2 years ago) :)

For what it's worth African I think your a top poster (despite not particularly agreeing with much you wrote when I first joined the board 2 years ago) :)

you were here two years ago?

what didnt you agree with if i may ask? if the list is long give me the top 3 8)

Back