• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

--OMT-- TOTTENHAM vs Notlob

I listened as a mum tried to explain to her son ( no more than 5 or 6 ) what was happening.
It chocked me up, football is insignificant this evening for me.
As I said earlier, shellshocked.

no news or should i say delayed news hopefully here mean good news and that they see response from him and are working to stabilize his condition before going out and updating the public.

Hang on there Fabrice..We are all praying for you.

You gonna have the best reception an ex-arsenal player ever or will ever have at WHL when you come back :)

8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Football is not a matter of life and death it is worth fudge all comparison to life, it is only a pastime which players are paid a lot of money to do and which entertains us but more important than life? fudge no!

Cancel the game as I really couldn't give a brick now about the game, Muamba's condition is a lot more important, really hoping he recovers quick as possible.

Completely agree. A mate of mine was there and text me, he is devastated by what he saw. It was clear how badly it affected the players, so anyone suggesting they should have played on is completely crass in my opinion.

Why shouldn't it? Should Bolton Wanderers FC seize to exist if the most horrible of outcomes were to happen?

Thoughts with Muamba and his family. Such a tragic thing to happen, really hopes he recovers and will be able to play football again. COYFM!
I'm not saying that it shouldn't, I just can't picture it now. Football seems so meaningless

What's so confusing? Remember when Foe died, in their next game they were fired up and doing it in the name of him, all wearing foe shirts and such. Stuff like this brings people together, we shouldn't want to hide and abandon and cancel. Come out stronger.

so let me get this straight. you think that with muamba struggling for his life and convulsing on the pitch is something that tottenham are hiding from?

also, you think we may lose our shot at the FA cup because his team mates will want to come out next game fired up trying to win the FA for their team mate who is struggling for his life as i type

and you would rather we dont let them gain advantage from this situation but rather we strike at them and take advantage of the situation and however it is they may feel due to the fact that their friend and team mate is possibly dieing and fighting for his life?

have i got that right?

im sure the players who were on the pitch arent thinking about replays.

probably going home to their loved ones and appreciating being alive.

AoNhaewCQAEe90U.jpg

so let me get this straight. you think that with muamba struggling for his life and convulsing on the pitch is something that tottenham are hiding from?

also, you think we may lose our shot at the FA cup because his team mates will want to come out next game fired up trying to win the FA for their team mate who is struggling for his life as i type

and you would rather we dont let them gain advantage from this situation but rather we strike at them and take advantage of the situation and however it is they may feel due to the fact that their friend and team mate is possibly dieing and fighting for his life?

have i got that right?

Seriously not the time to get into petty squabbles AS.

Just got back. I feel awful, shaking, goosebumps, speechless at what i've just seen. Thought it was serious when i saw the amount of paramedics, but saw park lane end cheering encouraging, then thats when i saw them trying CPR. People round me screaming in anguish and silence. Hoping he pulls through this. Praying For Fabrice!

have i got that right?

No you couldn't be more wrong.

The "hiding" was in reference (like I've already said) to people talking about "not wanting to even play the replay at all". Nothing to do with tonight or anything. Where you got this from is baffling.

No I'm not saying we've lost our shot. i was explaining that the beauty of football and the unity it brings, will galvanise Bolton to an extent, like it does EVERY SINGLE TIME tragedy hits a team (or anyone in life). It wasn't me thinking "oh no, what about poor spurs" but more a positive slant (if there can be one) on the situation.

And again. My brain hurts thinking how you can possibly think this is what I was saying. We weren't talking about TONIGHT. I never said or implied that I didn't want the match to be continued. It's just bizarre you got this from the conversation. How cynical are you?!?!

I think when you get to this late stage in a competition, its very much about how much you want to win. A side like ours, going in half-hearted against a team hell-bent on winning and we will struggle. Yes, you can see Bolton picking up this match whenever it's played, and going for it. But it's only a game - as we have so shockingly been reminded today - it's only a game. There doesn't have to be a script to be followed. Whatever happens, you just hope it's played in a manner that's respectful to Fabrice.

It galvanises a team for sure, but doesn't always mean things will go their way. A weakened Manchester United just weren't up to finishing of the European Cup campaign of 1958 successfully. I also remember Hillsborough well... the script was an all-Mersey final with Liverpool winning the cup. Then a week later, they were scripted to win the title. Which they didn't thanks to Arsenal, and Michael Thomas. That's football. Just a game.

For now, all our prayers are with Fabrice Muamba. By the grace of GHod he's still alive and we hope he goes from strength to strength. But looking at the knock-on effects from the purely footballing perspective, looking at our 2011/12 campaign, we've now had our task even more handicapped. I would expect the Stoke match to go ahead as scheduled, then Chelsea quickly after, then there's the rearranged Bolton match, which will be a massive, poignant occasion. You have to wonder what frame of mind the lads are going to be in. But this is where you have to be mentally strong and put on a professional display in three of the most challenging matches they will ever play.

Back