• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Inter Milan

Clean sheet was vital. A little worried we have lost a major goal threat in Bale for the 2nd leg.

Vital we dont concede early in Milan. Really would have liked a 4th, but no real complaints at 3-0.

Worried about Lennon,hope its not too serious

Indeed...didn't look too serious, but he's due a rest anyway. A stout, very disciplined and tough performance up there Sunday would be good...I am worried about Agger & Skertl on Bale though. Agger's a **** and Skertl clumsy...

Re: Defoe, the only time I thought he was too greedy tonight was on that breakaway (when Bale fudging skinned Walker by the way!).

I love that he is always looking to shoot and score and no one can deny that he is pretty good at it.

Indeed...didn't look too serious, but he's due a rest anyway. A stout, very disciplined and tough performance up there Sunday would be good...I am worried about Agger & Skertl on Bale though. Agger's a **** and Skertl clumsy...

I hope not.

Bale definitely said "hamstring" which suggests that's what Lennon said to him. We need him against Liverpool. [-o<

Shots: 16-8
On target: 10-1
Off target: 3-5
Blocked: 3-2

Possession: 61%-39%
Pass Success: 83%-71%
Aerial Success: 57%-43%

Offsides: 1-5
Fouls: 10-10
Corners: 5-3
Throw ins 27-22
Dribbles: 8-7
Tackles: 23-21

This was the performance I had hoped would come but was getting impatient to see. The teamwork was excellent,
Parker driving through a packed midfield was almost as beautiful as Dembele finding and gliding through acres of space.
I am very impressed.

Shots: 16-8
On target: 10-1
Off target: 3-5
Blocked: 3-2

Possession: 61%-39%
Pass Success: 83%-71%
Aerial Success: 57%-43%

Offsides: 1-5
Fouls: 10-10
Corners: 5-3
Throw ins 27-22
Dribbles: 8-7
Tackles: 23-21

That is fudging sweet reading.

Because passionate outbursts are anything but rational.

I don't get how you can't get this.

passion doesn't have to be conveyed in the form of negativity. that is the point i am trying to make.

how does showing passion mean acting like a unsupportive, unreasonable c*nt to you?

I hope not.

Bale definitely said "hamstring" which suggests that's what Lennon said to him. We need him against Liverpool. [-o<

That would probably 2 weeks, but fortunately we do have a 2-week break after the Fulham match, so it should only be 3 games maximum.
A big blow but could have been a lot worse. The resurgence in form of Siggy will hopefully help, especially if Dempsey can return to the squad

passion doesn't have to be conveyed in the form of negativity. that is the point i am trying to make.

how does showing passion mean acting like a unsupportive, unreasonable c*nt to you?

No.

It means a positive outburst when something goes well.

It also means a negative outburst when something goes wrong.

Can you seriously say you don't yell at your tv when someone misses an easy chance? This thread, during a match, is basically the same as yelling as your television. That's how seriously you should take it.

No.

Can you seriously say you don't yell at your tv when someone misses an easy chance? This thread, during a match, is basically the same as yelling as your television. That's how seriously you should take it.

i might yell in frustration, probably more at myself than anything else... but i try not to unreasonably criticise and slate players with a chip on my shoulder.

i'm not saying it doesn't happen, i'm human after all, it's just the regularity with which it occurs around here that bricks me.. it's even more annoying when it's happening during/at the conclusion of an excellent result.

if you can't be rational at the conclusion of a fantastic victory and somehow STILL feel the need to rag on players for minor, often inaccurate deficiencies in their game, then there's something wrong with you and you should go and support the goons.

No.

Pretty much this. Don't know why people take the comments in the match thread seriously Obviously there is a line, but I don't think it is crossed that often, if ever.

Thankfully Skrtrl is out of team now, and Bale vs Carragher = \o/

Villas-Boas said afterwards: "It was a full 90 minute performance with excellent attacking football. We tried to limit their chances and had so many opportunities. It was a great European night.

"Unfortunately, we're not through yet because we have to go there and the San Siro is a very difficult place to go."

The one blot on the evening for Spurs was a booking for Welsh wizard Gareth Bale - his caution for diving meaning he will miss the second leg in Milan.

Villas-Boas added: "It's difficult but with this result, if he hadn't have got the card it would not have cleared him. We took a risk, obviously but we have talent throughout the squad.

"We have now allowed Gareth to clean his yellow cards and hopefully we can make it through (without him)."

Bale himself said: "We immediately made it difficult for them, it was a great performance and a worthy result to be honest.

"It's always nice to get a goal however it comes and I'm enjoying playing. It was a great performance and we take a great lead into the away leg with no away goals for them."

Back