• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham vs Everton**

Gomes was incredible for one season. Got us in the CL for the first time. I like Pickford too, has always been good for England and find his personality quite funny.

I’m not advocating him as a primary target, just saying we could do worse, as he’s so similar to Hugo.

We could plug him in with no tactical realignment. They are both left footed too.

The point I am making is that the third midfielder is mostly sitting in front of defence, breaking up play. Bissouma and Skipp are good at that. It does not take 10 weeks to learn the intricacies of that role, and we should have played that way for a few weeks now.

Let Antonio know as he has clearly missed something you haven't...

I found the first half completely and utterly boring after the first 10 minutes. We seemed to have ideas, and just went for crossed which Everton dealt with quite easily. We lacked verve, and the pace of play was way too slow to break down Everton's massed ranks. The formation change made all the difference, suddenly Bentancur could push right up and it allowed him and Hojberg to pass in far more dangerous areas. The 352 is definitely a system i'd like to see more of but of course we need to pick systems depending on the opposition and on the personnel we have available.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The first half was one of the most boring 45 minutes of football i have ever seen from us

I think this is basically on the money.

343 doesn’t really work unless Kulu is playing. Probably why we want Zaniolo as another Kulu type.

That being said we were awful in the 343 with Kulu against Leicester Town. Could that have been mainly due to Perisic at rwb who didn’t look comfortable there?
He was awful at RWB so possibly….
Could also be that lestah just played gung ho and had no control which actually can be tough to play against

Really good performance. Thoroughly enjoyed the second half. We absolutely bossed it and cut out the stupid mistakes. Not a bad performance out there. Lots of 7 out of 10s.

Kane absolutely bought the penalty from what I could see. Will watch it back at the hotel but it looked soft?

Thought Bissouma was immense when he came on. Probably look at Romero and Kane as best of our players. Perisic looked good too.

Very happy with that.
Yea total dominance in the 2nd half was great to watch, even before the change of system. Although once we went 3-5-2 it was even better.

was def a pen that, obviously Kane made the most of it, but still 100% a pen and Pickford knew it.

Please, I beg you Antonio, play 3-5-2.

Everything changes when we play it. Benta and Hojbjerg look dangerous, breaking forward, the wing backs get more aggressive, Son and Kane start finding space - with Biss sitting in front of the bsck three, everything looks more fluid.

Keep this system. Swap out Kane and Son for Deki and Richy more often to rest them, but go 3-5-2. Please.

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly. Reminds me a bit of the European game when Harry was forced to play Modric in central midfield rather than out wide due to injuries. A seminal moment and the rest is history. Putting Bissouma in as a CM frees up the other two and hey presto our second goal was the direct result.

Three up front only works with Kulu because he is halfway between a midfielder and a forward . So with him in the team we are really 3- 4.5- 2.5. Not so with anyone else. So we simply must play Bissouma and 3-5-2 at Old Trafford.

Last edited:
Excellent post. My thoughts exactly. Reminds me a bit of the European game when Harry was forced to play Modric in central midfield rather than out wide due to injuries. And the rest is history. Putting Bissoma in as a CM frees up the other two and hey presto our second goal was the direct result.

Three up front only works with Kulu because he is halfway between a midfielder and a forward . So with him in the team we are really 3- 4.5- 2.5. Not so with anyone else. So we simply must play Bissoma and 3-5-2 at Old Trafford.
It’s in bissouma now. He will played 3-5-2 as Richy is out so he needs to play his best game. Keep the passing accurate and clean and he will shine

Yeah the 90's were a bit of a blur to me, I know my memory ain't as good as it was but that Graham, Gross, Francis era was very beige.
We were brick in the 90s but not necessarily boring. Yesterday's first half was just turd. [emoji1787]

I'd favour 3 in the middle against United too, to match them, but if Kulu is back I'd understand Conte sticking with 343.

We were brick in the 90s but not necessarily boring. Yesterday's first half was just turd. [emoji1787]

I half felt as if we were just doing enough to get the win. We played as if we were in second gear and holding back as Manchester United midweek and then Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

We were solid without ever really needing to be spectacular.

Back