• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham vs Everton**

There’s been a bit in the media this week that Conte is managing our fitness levels ahead of the World Cup specifically. Not sure how true it is, and broadly I’m sure he’d want us playing better regardless of fitness, but it would explain the inconsistent performances to date.

Three wins out of three after Ventrone’s death is an amazing achievement.

You’ll know Dave that TGIAG has been saying that for a while.

I frankly cannot understand how anyone who watches us week in week out cannot see the bigger picture going on here. The system gives as a platform to play matches at certain speeds. Today we saw Everton sitting deeeeep with 5 in a line. We managed it well enough. I always felt we’d score. Richy’s injury opened us up for 3-5-2, but in fairnesss, until today,Bissouma has looked out of sync with what’s needed when. Today he really showed for the first time that his learning curve is nearly there; he knew when to sit, he knew when to press, he knew when to take the space himself on the ball. It will have made Antonio feel much more comfortable. I also have to say that Matt was really good today.

In many ways, this was perhaps our most impressive win of the season, taken in context of where we are in the season.

How bad are Everton. They came to park the bus and barely strung 2 passes together.

I know we gifted them a couple of chances through some dodgy defending but man they are going to struggle again this season if the teams around them keep picking up points.

Well who woulda thunk it?
Moving to 352 means one fewer striker, but a more potent Spurs.
Told ya.

It’s not a case of whether 3-5-2 is good for us, it was always a case of whether Bissouma (or Skippy) could play the system well. Today Bissouma showed that he’s close to ready…

It’s not a case of whether 3-5-2 is good for us, it was always a case of whether Bissouma (or Skippy) could play the system well. Today Bissouma showed that he’s close to ready…

But where we are the extra body seems to improve us and also PEH and Benta who both played well with the extra man and also with Deki out Son can go slightly more central which is a benefit as he is better there and closer to Kane. I like Richy but that balance isn't there as he has seemingly gone off the boil recently and struggled in that role so the 3-4-3 isn't much good for us

But where we are the extra body seems to improve us and also PEH and Benta who both played well with the extra man and also with Deki out Son can go slightly more central which is a benefit as he is better there and closer to Kane. I like Richy but that balance isn't there as he has seemingly gone off the boil recently and struggled in that role so the 3-4-3 isn't much good for us

I agree.
The point I am making is that unless that third midfielder knows the system, it becomes an extra body sitting in containment mode. PEH and Bents won’t push on unless they are sure there is coverage. Bissouma won’t push unless he feels the same. Repeatedly training together teaches those instincts, that knowledge, and I think today we actually saw it click for the first time to both Conte’s satisfaction and our benefit.

How bad are Everton. They came to park the bus and barely strung 2 passes together.

I know we gifted them a couple of chances through some dodgy defending but man they are going to struggle again this season if the teams around them keep picking up points.

They'll survive I'd imagine. Not much better than that, but Leicester, Forrest, Wolves, Southampton all look very poor

I agree.
The point I am making is that unless that third midfielder knows the system, it becomes an extra body sitting in containment mode. PEH and Bents won’t push on unless they are sure there is coverage. Bissouma won’t push unless he feels the same. Repeatedly training together teaches those instincts, that knowledge, and I think today we actually saw it click for the first time to both Conte’s satisfaction and our benefit.

Yeh worked well today

In all my criticism of PEH the best I've seen him was with Denmark in the Euros when he was in and around the box and created a few chances made goals, I think that a
Out and out DM role isn't him at all and I saw some of that today which I think is a benefit of the three for sure. Benta was also a mark up too.

Thought last season they were the worst side Id seen at our place so they’ve improved since then. But not by much.

I said I would make that selection 5 days before the Pool game, so I would know who would be available for that game 5 days before it takes place.

Then those 11 players stay in London and don’t travel to Marseille.

But my point is your proposed team would be dependant on other results and possible injuries, none of which any of us know so it's pointless.

Back