• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham vs Bournemouth ***

Lloris
Dier Toby Verts
Walker Wanyama Davies
Eriksen Ali Son
Kane
was thinking about a lineup like that myself earlier, with Eriksen and Alli both able to drop in to deeper positions and play effectively and Dier/Vertonghen both able to push up to support in midfield i think it could be a goer, especially against 'weaker' opposition, although potentially we would be over crowding the attacking areas which could cause a different kind of problem

could look something like this in possession :
lloris
Alderwiereld Wanyama
Dier Vertonghen
Walker------- Eriksen---------Rose
Alli----Kane----Son
and something like this whilst out of possession :
lloris
Dier Alderwiereld Vertonghen
Walker--------Wanyama-------- Rose
Kane Alli Eriksen
Son​

Last edited:
Loved the bit about 9.0 mins when asked about targets for the remaining games, the next game is the important one not the one's after. In other words one game at a time.

He's been saying it for yonks. More broadly, he's been the same sort of relatively bland professional in press conferences throughout his career - the sort that chairmen love and journos despise. :p

It is, however, the right response to Conte's little attempts at using us to motivate his own team - he said a while ago that we'd be at their heels and thus they needed to win every game up until the title was in their hands. Poch didn't actually confirm that (and play into any possible hubris in our lads) or deny it (and demotivate them) - he played it as neutrally as he could, which I think is the right approach in that scenario.

He's been saying it for yonks. More broadly, he's been the same sort of relatively bland professional in press conferences throughout his career - the sort that chairmen love and journos despise. :p

It is, however, the right response to Conte's little attempts at using us to motivate his own team - he said a while ago that we'd be at their heels and thus they needed to win every game up until the title was in their hands. Poch didn't actually confirm that (and play into any possible hubris in our lads) or deny it (and demotivate them) - he played it as neutrally as he could, which I think is the right approach in that scenario.

Nothing bland about it at all ( imo), the next game is the most important ( not the one after that or further down the line), it's always been my attitude towards team sport and its good to see Poch saying it.

Nothing bland about it at all ( imo), the next game is the most important ( not the one after that or further down the line), it's always been my attitude towards team sport and its good to see Poch saying it.

Yeah, but it's a truism. Every manager knows that, it's an accepted rule in the sport that you think about the next step before you think of grand ambitions or sweeping sequences of games. Yet, not every manager invariably repeats it when asked about what their plans or aims are - they usually stick to it, but some, like Mou, occasionally spin those questions off into entertaining diatribes about conspiracies or some other tidbit for the journos to enjoy. Some others, meanwhile, offer more long-term perspectives alongside emphasizing the importance of the immediate.

But as far back as I can remember, Poch has always stuck to his guns about the next game, working hard, focusing only on ourselves, the next moment, etcetera, etecetera. Nothing wrong with it (it's the right approach), but it's just bland to hear it constantly repeated, is all - especially given the alternatives. ;)

Yeah, but it's a truism. Every manager knows that, it's an accepted rule in the sport that you think about the next step before you think of grand ambitions or sweeping sequences of games. Yet, not every manager invariably repeats it when asked about what their plans or aims are - they usually stick to it, but some, like Mou, occasionally spin those questions off into entertaining diatribes about conspiracies or some other tidbit for the journos to enjoy. Some others, meanwhile, offer more long-term perspectives alongside emphasizing the importance of the immediate.

But as far back as I can remember, Poch has always stuck to his guns about the next game, working hard, focusing only on ourselves, the next moment, etcetera, etecetera. Nothing wrong with it (it's the right approach), but it's just bland to hear it constantly repeated, is all - especially given the alternatives. ;)

Bland, a trusim call it what you will its just the way it should be, you win nothing unless you take the 3 points from the next game and then you worry about the next.

I never watch or listen to pre match press shows, the only point of interest is the team selection the rest is puff, it's what happens on the pitch that counts.

Bland, a trusim call it what you will its just the way it should be, you win nothing unless you take the 3 points from the next game and then you worry about the next.

True, but only in the sense that saying 'breathing is necessary in order to live' is technically indicating the way it should be. ;) It's just a truism.

We must not be surprised by Bournemouth tomorrow. They dragged us down to their level earlier in the season. The 0-0 draw at their gaffe was probably our worst performance of the season. It brought back memories of turgidity from a (hopefully) by-gone era. We hardly threatened their goal all game. I think the nearest was a Lamela long range distance effort. It was a real snoozefest. Please let us score early tomorrow and make them engage with us in a football match.

We must not be surprised by Bournemouth tomorrow. They dragged us down to their level earlier in the season. The 0-0 draw at their gaffe was probably our worst performance of the season. It brought back memories of turgidity from a (hopefully) by-gone era. We hardly threatened their goal all game. I think the nearest was a Lamela long range distance effort. It was a real snoozefest. Please let us score early tomorrow and make them engage with us in a football match.
The 3-0 home win by us last year was superb, one of the best performance of last season, let's hope for a similar performance too

I'm taking my 8 year old step-daughter to her first ever game tomorrow too

Will be there tomorrow with my daughter for what will probably be our last trip to The Lane. Fancy a 2-0 win.

I never watch or listen to pre match press shows, the only point of interest is the team selection the rest is puff, it's what happens on the pitch that counts.

I have to admire anyone who can face the inanity of their questions week in, week out without the use of expletives. After the umpteenth iteration of the "How x is it/are you ..." formula, designed to limit and frame all the responses into sound-bites, I'd be going full Joe Kinnear.

Bournemouth play two upfront. That's why I'm sure Poch will go back to three at the back.
So 343 with Son missing out.

Think that's disrespectful to Bournemouth...in the away game they new our weakness was the 'press' and they deployed it perfectly.

They played very well. We did well to get a point, just like at City. That's a good thing though , they all add up.

We'll know in the 1st 5mins how it's gonna go tommorow BUT being at home I expect nothing more than a commanding win.

Back