• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Burnley.

Son had the keeper bearing down on him and had to shoot in an instant. He missed, badly, and it was a poor miss - but I dont see how it was worse than Sissoko who had more space and time and less pressure.

But - credit where it was due. It was a cracking run by him, as it was also a quality pass from Alli to find him. It was a good move - its a real shame it wasnt finished because it really deserved to be.
I actually think it’s a harder chance when you’re running through on goal and you have more time to think about it hence why you see so many mess it up but hey ho....

Son had the keeper bearing down on him and had to shoot in an instant. He missed, badly, and it was a poor miss - but I dont see how it was worse than Sissoko who had more space and time and less pressure.

But - credit where it was due. It was a cracking run by him, as it was also a quality pass from Alli to find him. It was a good move - its a real shame it wasnt finished because it really deserved to be.

But Son's well capable of that; very similar to the one he slotted away against Stoke.

But hey-ho, nae bother... lovely game!

The keeper has the same amount of time as the player.

Sissoko should have scored, didn’t, move on. He was ok aside from that (I don’t particularly like him)

At least he made the run into space to end up one-on-one. He buries it and we're looking at an entirely different player confidence wise.

Yeah, it wasn't a bad miss, really, could happen to anyone, and the run was good. He was decent enough last night.

The Burnley fans aren't taking this too well. Almost every thread revolves around Alli, cheating, diving, corruption, big club favouritism and Oliver.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=2

As I mentioned in my previous post a page back, the feverish abuse he received from the home fans bordered on cultish. It was relentless, I almost felt like there was another force driving it on...

I've never understood how so much hatred can be directed at someone you've never even met, but I guess there's a lot of sad, sad people in the world.

Alli didn't half give them ammunition mind you. He needs to find ways to deal with this treatment moving forward.

At least he made the run into space to end up one-on-one. He buries it and we're looking at an entirely different player confidence wise.
Was the perfect counter attack for him. He could run straight ahead in open space while others did that pesky on the ball technical stuff. Didn't have to touch the ball until he was through on goal, got two chances to score and failed to convert. Any other player would have gotten nothing, but criticism for that. How many have taken the time to praise Son for his movement before he skied his chance?

Was a lovely assist from Sissoko though. Two touches and Kane was in. Very well executed. The kind of pass Sissoko gets (imo rightly) criticized for not executing properly often enough. Deserves a lot more praise for that pass than for running quickly into space when we had an obvious counter attacking chance.

As I mentioned in my previous post a page back, the feverish abuse he received from the home fans bordered on cultish. It was relentless, I almost felt like there was another force driving it on...

I've never understood how so much hatred can be directed at someone you've never even met, but I guess there's a lot of sad, sad people in the world.

Alli didn't half give them ammunition mind you. He needs to find ways to deal with this treatment moving forward.

I think that it's good fun shouting abuse at opposition players. When the whole stadium gets behind it, it really builds the atmosphere.

Dele just needs to treat it as a compliment and use it to motivate him, which I think he did yesterday.

We are in no position as a club to pick and choose the trophies we want to win. It remains as ridiculous a philosophy as it did the morning after the West Ham defeat.

Phucque philosophy. Yeah, we are.

I'll take Champions League football in the inaugural season of MEGA Lane (tm) over the Cowpoop Cup. And it would seem Manager Pochettino and his squad of players agree with me.

We're not likely to be attracting additional quality players - or holding onto those tempted to move - by winning Intertoto-level trophies.

But Champeens League? You betcha. And you might not admit it, but a great many of us also take great pleasure seeing Arsenal skedded into Spursday night fixtures in some eyechart destination. Ask a gewwner if they'd take that swap.

And that's why @DubaiSpur Poch left him out of the City game. If he makes mistakes like that against Burnley, I'd hate to think what would have happened against City.

Well, I'd argue that isn't particularly fair. Trippier got skinned by both Martial and Alonso multiple times over the past eight-months - should Poch have left him out because he was bound to mess up again given that history? And, in the end, he did, so it's not even like it would have been an inaccurate prediction.

If that's the yardstick we choose to use, then the ideal player to start would have been KWP, because he had one game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and looked completely solid throughout.

The keeper has the same amount of time as the player.

Sissoko should have scored, didn’t, move on. He was ok aside from that (I don’t particularly like him)

Pope made an incredible reflex save with his big right toe on Sissoko's first shot. As they say in ice hockey, 'kick save, and a beauty.'

He was ok aside from that and I like him.

Phucque philosophy. Yeah, we are.

I'll take Champions League football in the inaugural season of MEGA Lane (tm) over the Cowpoop Cup. And it would seem Manager Pochettino and his squad of players agree with me.

We're not likely to be attracting additional quality players - or holding onto those tempted to move - by winning Intertoto-level trophies.

But Champeens League? You betcha. And you might not admit it, but a great many of us also take great pleasure seeing Arsenal skedded into Spursday night fixtures in some eyechart destination. Ask a gewwner if they'd take that swap.

Atrocious spelling but I agree

Back