• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Burnley.

As I mentioned in my previous post a page back, the feverish abuse he received from the home fans bordered on cultish. It was relentless, I almost felt like there was another force driving it on...

I've never understood how so much hatred can be directed at someone you've never even met, but I guess there's a lot of sad, sad people in the world.

Alli didn't half give them ammunition mind you. He needs to find ways to deal with this treatment moving forward.

Considering how early he picked up the yellow card, and the persistent fouling, niggly or otherwise he had to endure for the rest of the game, I thought he handled it admirably well. A very mature reaction.

Considering how early he picked up the yellow card, and the persistent fouling, niggly or otherwise he had to endure for the rest of the game, I thought he handled it admirably well. A very mature reaction.

Oh no doubt, I can't begin to comprehend how difficult it would be to be in his position.. There was just a moment where he kicked the goal frame in frustration that really got the home fans bouncing, a few other similar instances too...

If he can eradicate those moments, little glimpses of visible petulance, it'll be a great step in my opinion.

Well done Sissoko for busting a gut to try and score, didn’t see anyone else sprinting half the pitch to go through.....

Son and Vertonghen were busting a gut, alongside Alli, 3 vs 2... as soon as Alli passed to Sissoko Vertonghen just stopped running and turned his back and walked off, waiting for the inevitable outcome.

Son and Vertonghen were busting a gut, alongside Alli, 3 vs 2... as soon as Alli passed to Sissoko Vertonghen just stopped running and turned his back and walked off, waiting for the inevitable outcome.
Haha are you joking, when Dele passes the ball they were behind - Sissoko was almost ten yards ahead of them, but don’t worry anything to hate on Sissoko. It’s actually pathetic how some have to try and belittle literally anything he does....

Phucque philosophy. Yeah, we are.

I'll take Champions League football in the inaugural season of MEGA Lane (tm) over the Cowpoop Cup. And it would seem Manager Pochettino and his squad of players agree with me.

We're not likely to be attracting additional quality players - or holding onto those tempted to move - by winning Intertoto-level trophies.

But Champeens League? You betcha. And you might not admit it, but a great many of us also take great pleasure seeing Arsenal skedded into Spursday night fixtures in some eyechart destination. Ask a gewwner if they'd take that swap.

They won’t want to swap if they win it. The fact that Arsenal, City and Chelsea are in the semis tells you a you need to know about how other big teams view the competition - a trophy is a trophy.

Haha are you joking, when Dele passes the ball they were behind - Sissoko was almost ten yards ahead of them, but don’t worry anything to hate on Sissoko. It’s actually pathetic how some have to try and belittle literally anything he does....
I know Sissoko was ahead, but that doesn't make him a better option than passing to a footballer

The Classiest Man in Classville.
Generally yes, but I (and all other referees) strongly disagree on the alleged penalty not given, and the challenge on Lloris. Claiming that the challenge on Lloris is not a FK, is just ridiculous. It's a clear shove.
And the reason why GK get free kicks so often when they come for a ball is simple: when the GK puts his hands above the head to catch/punch the ball, it's impossible to go shoulder to shoulder with him, which is the only allowed way of forcing someone off the ball. I'm amazed that people who have been in the game for decades, still doesn't seem to know/understand that.

And before someone asks, this only applies to goalkeepers, and inside the 18 yard box, because they are the only players allowed to handle the ball.

Last edited:
Well, I'd argue that isn't particularly fair. Trippier got skinned by both Martial and Alonso multiple times over the past eight-months - should Poch have left him out because he was bound to mess up again given that history? And, in the end, he did, so it's not even like it would have been an inaccurate prediction.

If that's the yardstick we choose to use, then the ideal player to start would have been KWP, because he had one game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and looked completely solid throughout.
Measured in terms of fudge ups per 90 minutes, I think Surge is miles ahead. He'll be a beast eventually, just not yet.

KWP's sample size is nonexistent, so a bad example.

tickle my balls with a feather.

It is nice to get a comfortable win and a clean sheet. It was a much needed win after the humiliating defeat to ManCity. This is also our first away win in 6 matches in the league. We could have won by a bigger score if we had been more clinical in front of goal. In fact, we wasted at least 8 goal scoring chances with Kane(4), Son(2), Eriksen and Sissoko failed to score from virtual one-on-one chances. We played well but did rode our luck especially with the early penalty. Thought it was a soft penalty but we badly needed it as it was our first penalty this season. But it was really tense until we scored our second goal. Fortunately for us, Kane stepped us just when we badly needed him.

Great to see Kane getting back his goal scoring form with the hattrick. He is now the joint top scorer in the league with 15 goals this season and has also equalled the calendar year record of 36 league goals scored by Shearer in 1995. Kane could have scored more goals as he also wasted 4 other chances. Disappointingly for us, apart from Kane, others like Son, Alli or Eriksen didn't look like scoring in this match. Son even wasted another one-on-one chance in the second half. It is amazing how Son can score great goals but wastes easy goal scoring chances.

Our midfield played well but we were not really tested by Burnley who were poor in this match. Dier and Sissoko did enough to control the midfield. Sissoko should have done better with the one-on-one chance in the first half. For all his hard work and dribbling skills, Sissoko still lacked the finishing skills. It could have been costly for us as it was really tense until Kane scored our second goal in the second half.

Well done to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. The return of Sanchez in defence and Dier moving to midfield really helped us. Burnley didn't really test our defence but Vertonghen and Sanchez did their best. Despite that, Lloris was fortunate not to concede as he let in a goal in the second half but the referee ruled he was fouled. It would have been disappointing if we had not kept the clean sheet.

Amazingly, ManCity and us are the only teams among the top 11 in the league to have won this time. It is clear most of the teams hate playing during the Christmas period while we enjoy doing so ! This win has allowed us to move ahead of Arsenal and Burnley into 5th place. Let's hope we will now go on a long winning run to stay in the top 4 race.

Last edited:
Back