• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Danger man for them is Wheelchair. I am still wondering why Mason didnt want to go there!

"It's between you and Wheelchair, Ryan."

"Me and...Wheelchair?"

"Yes, we believe you both to be of equal quality."

"Thanks for the offer, Mr.Howe, but, with all due respect: sod off."

Can't have been a hard decision. :p

No such thing anymore. We've got 18 or so players who there's not much between. We've got quite a lot of scope now for picking a best 11 to counter each specific opponent.

Agree that there's not much between and we have decent depth now, but if we all picked a team for a cup final the teams would be very similar. There might be the odd person who would pick Davies over Rose, some Dier v Wanyama debate there wouldn't be 18 names in the frame

We go top if we win so we won't win.

1-1 Alli with our goal.

Nailed on we wont win. By rights we should be able to and had we been kicking-off after City or Arsenal I would be more confident we could, but alas the chance to go top albeit for a few hours means we wont.

It's just written. Any other time and that late free-kick at WBA would have flew over Foster into the net, but because it would have meant going top for a week, the Gods deemed it couldnt happen

They've won all 3 of their home games since a 3-1 reverse in round one v. Man U, beating Everton and West Brom as well as their 6-1 demolition of Hull last time out. This might not be the cake-walk some appear to think.

Hull is fudging terrible and half their goals were from set pieces, very flattering score.

I don't underestimate them, but Bournemouth's flaw is they are mid quality team that play an open game, that is exactly the type of team we thump (could see them being torn apart by City/Pool as well).

Last two years, an away game, against a lower than top 8-10 team that comes to play football (not park the bus), usually equals 3 points for Spurs.

Another chance for the squad to put in a professional performance, get job done and move on.

Hull is fudgeing terrible and half their goals were from set pieces, very flattering score.

I don't underestimate them, but Bournemouth's flaw is they are mid quality team that play an open game, that is exactly the type of team we thump (could see them being torn apart by City/Pool as well).

Last two years, an away game, against a lower than top 8-10 team that comes to play football (not park the bus), usually equals 3 points for Spurs.

Another chance for the squad to put in a professional performance, get job done and move on.

They all count, and we haven't put 6 past anybody yet. We weren't able to take 3 points off Everton or West Brom either, and in my experience, anything taken for granted against supposed lowly opposition often equals zero points for Spurs. We'll see, though. Let's hope your version turns out to be correct. We did do them 5-1 there last term.

Last edited:
They all count, and we haven't put 6 past anybody yet. We weren't able to take 3 points off Everton or West Brom either, and in my experience, anything taken for granted against supposed lowly opposition often equals zero points for Spurs. We'll see, though. Let's hope your version turns out to be correct. We did do them 5-1 there last term.

Everton was first game of the season

Most teams don't beat West Brom as they have their 9 man defence

Bournemouth will at least attack us

Everton was first game of the season

Most teams don't beat West Brom as they have their 9 man defence

Bournemouth will at least attack us

Regardless, it was hardly a surprise result; we've had a lot of draws v them in recent seasons. The Cherries game is the only one they've lost in the league.

Your second point would only seem to support the idea we shouldn't regard this game as a gimme, which really was my sole argument.

As to whether they will blithely decide to play into our hands ... well, you and Raziel may be right; as I said, we did trounce them last time. If I were Howe, though, I'd probably have other ideas.

Last edited:
Agree that there's not much between and we have decent depth now, but if we all picked a team for a cup final the teams would be very similar. There might be the odd person who would pick Davies over Rose, some Dier v Wanyama debate there wouldn't be 18 names in the frame

Picking 3 from Lamela, Son, Alli, Eriksen and Sissoko is far from a given IMO.

It's time one of Lamela, Eriksen or Sissoko pushed their game on a bit more rather than us having to rely on Alli & Son all the time.

One of them needs to really step up.

Regardless, it was hardly a surprise result; we've had a lot of draws v them in recent seasons. The Cherries game is the only one they've lost in the league.

Your second point would only seem to support the idea we shouldn't regard this game as a gimme, which really was my sole argument.

As to whether they will blithely decide to play into our hands ... well, you and Raziel may be right; as I said, we did trounce them last time. If I were Howe, though, I'd probably have other ideas.

I was trying to highlight that they were hard games - not easy as some peopel would say. I think looking at your comment were in agreement

These predicting the lineup threads are a bit pointless particularly those that justify their selection

Nevertheless I suggest the following is the most likely lineup:

Peter Crouch in goal because he so tall.
Usain Bolt and LInford Christie as the quick fullbacks.
Fazio deserves another chance at centre back. He is not as brick as you say he is
Toby is fit. All the injury talk is just a cover.
Mike Tyson adds some bite to the centre midfield
Hugo Lloris deserves a chance to play outfield as he is always in goal. And he has good feet.
In front of them I would play
Estupio Hypista - young youth team player that has scored 42 goals for the u17 squad.
Kevin Wimmer - it is the rule of these threads you have to play a random player out of position
Bassong - back from suspension
Leandro Damiao - debut at last.

At the moment, Sissoko is comfortably behind the others, partly given he's new to the club. Equally, Son is in a purple patch at the moment and, until he sustains that over a longer period, I think most people would put him behind the other three

At the moment, Sissoko is comfortably behind the others, partly given he's new to the club. Equally, Son is in a purple patch at the moment and, until he sustains that over a longer period, I think most people would put him behind the other three

Sissoko is behind the others because in games where we don't need the physical approach we can play our better technical players

Unless Dembele is 100% I'd go 4 behind victor with that being son, lamella, Alli and eriksen

Back