• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
--------------Lloris----------
Walker--Dier--Vertonghen--Davies
-----Wanyama----Dembele-
Lamela----Eriksen---Sonny
------Janssen---------

Think we unleash the Vincent and Moussa midfield and see a debut goal for Janssen.

1-3.

--------------Lloris----------
Walker--Dier--Vertonghen--Davies
-----Wanyama----Dembele-
Lamela----Eriksen---Sonny
------Janssen---------

Think we unleash the Vincent and Moussa midfield and see a debut goal for Janssen.

1-3.
Like this side but maybe Alli for Lamela? Alli is scoring and we need goalscorers in the side in Kane's absence.

Janssen will have to lead the line this week.

Sandra Redknapp's done her ankle. Our man 'Arry backed his Range Rover over his darling's leg in the hurly burly of Bournemouth's main drag when she hopped out to go shopping.

Jamie's out too with a bad case of ennui.

Difficult game to predict. In some ways Bournemouth exemplify the lower half PL teams in that their main issue is inconsistency. On their day they're very good and picking up a point against them away from home is a good result. On their worst days they're rather bad and we should win.

Hope our pressing is up to our best level. They accept more risk on the ball than most lower half teams and can be somewhat error prone, good chance for some good turnovers if we can press them well. Test of our energy levels after Leverkusen, perhaps we'll see a couple changes. For me we need Lamela as his energy levels is often at a very high level an he seems to inspire others that are more likely to have off days in their pressing.

Difficult game to predict. In some ways Bournemouth exemplify the lower half PL teams in that their main issue is inconsistency. On their day they're very good and picking up a point against them away from home is a good result. On their worst days they're rather bad and we should win.

Hope our pressing is up to our best level. They accept more risk on the ball than most lower half teams and can be somewhat error prone, good chance for some good turnovers if we can press them well. Test of our energy levels after Leverkusen, perhaps we'll see a couple changes. For me we need Lamela as his energy levels is often at a very high level an he seems to inspire others that are more likely to have off days in their pressing.

I generally agree, but it's easy to just say "pick Lamela". What would the rest of your side be? And what formation?

Sandra Redknapp's done her ankle. Our man 'Arry backed his Range Rover over his darling's leg in the hurly burly of Bournemouth's main drag when she hopped out to go shopping.

She probably got her scarf caught when he wound up his car window after his usual flimflam( thought he was back on Sky Sports). :D

Even if they are in form and have a good day, We really should beat a team like Bournemouth.

I generally agree, but it's easy to just say "pick Lamela". What would the rest of your side be? And what formation?

Difficult to say and I would guess it depends a bit on fitness levels after the international break, WBA and Leverkusen in quick succession. We're in a tight fixture list situation and what the players do on the training ground could impact it a lot too.

Something like Lloris; Walker, Dier, Verts, Rose; Wanyama, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Son; Janssen would look good to me. But quite a few others starters like Davies (if Rose is still feeling it), Eriksen, Sissoko and perhaps even Wimmer (opens up the possibility of Dier in midfield) or even Nkodou could be decent options. I really don't have strong feelings on the line-up for this one as there are so many unknown factors.

Even if they are in form and have a good day, We really should beat a team like Bournemouth.

Last season they won against United and Southampton and drew against Leicester against the top 6. They also picked up a win against Swansea and draws against Everton and Watford out of the "middle third" teams. This season they look improved on last season after a somewhat slow start. Their one loss in their last six was away to Emirates Marketing Project. No big teams beaten so far this season, but beating Everton and WBA at home and getting draws away to Watford and Palace are very decent results.

They look headed for a mid table finish at the moment. A draw away from home to mid table side rarely ends up being all that bad. "We really should beat a team like Bournemouth" sounds like a good way to underestimate them.

We are title contenders. We should beat mid table teams! End of story.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Well if it's the end of the story I suppose there's no need to discuss this further with you...

In case someone else thinks there's more to this story statto.com has tables for "away games vs. middle third".

Last season: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2015-2016/versus-middle-third/away
Leicester won 2, drew 4. Arsenal won 3, drew 1, lost 2. We won 3, drew 2, lost 1. City won 4, drew 1, lost 1.

14/15 season: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2014-2015/versus-middle-third/away
Chelsea won 3, drew 2, lost 1. Emirates Marketing Project won 5, drew 1, lost 0. Arsenal won 2, drew 1, lost 3. Man Utd won 1, drew 3, lost 2.

13/14 season: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2013-2014/versus-middle-third/away
Emirates Marketing Project won 3, drew 1, lost 2. Liverpool won 3, drew 3, lost 0. Chelsea won 3, drew 0, lost 3. Arsenal won 5, drew 1, lost 0

(That's the last 3 seasons, and top 4 in order against the "middle third teams", couldn't be bothered looking further back.)

Conclusion (imo): No, title contenders are not winning away from home against mid table teams with a great frequency. Actually no champion in the last 3 season has won more than half their away games against mid table teams. Only 25% of teams in the top 4 have recorded a win frequency greater than 50% in these games in the last 3 seasons.

2-1 to us. Big first half, go two up, and miss chances for even more. Come out flat in the second, concede but hang on for three points. COYS.

Unless we score early i don't see this as at all easy. But then I'm just a big girl's blouse and generally hide behind the sofa whoever we play....

I'm going to this and, subject to traffic shenanigans, planning to get a pint in somewhere before the game. Anyone else going and got a pub in mind?

Well, same old Spurs would lose or draw this seeing as we can go top.

I fancy us to be a bit different and go top with a win; might not be convincing but i think we'll get the job done - as long as we play our pacy and pressing players, as Bournemouth have a lot of pace of their own to call on now.

So i'd go for:

Lloris

Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Wanyama Dembele

Sissoko Lamela Alli

Janssen

I think Poch might rest Eriksen and Son for Tuesday's League cup game vs Liverpool, but have them on standby for tomorrow if things aren't going well. Both worked hard on Tuesday and could do with a slight refresh before going again vs Liverpool.

I think we'll win 3-1: Janssen twice for us, plus another from Alli; Stanislas for them

COYS​

I would like to see Dembele start, we need to raise his match fitness. We can rotate more against Liverpool. Although, I want Nkoudou on the bench if not starting. As we need a more direct winger who can actually beat a man and frighten them on the break.
One of our problems is we just go sideways, passing and running with ball.

Back