• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think qunt of the match is a more appropriate award. I name myself, as I thought we'd win today. Next would be Vertonghen.

I did say arguably and isn’t GG a matter of opinion. If you don’t agree then fine but don’t be a prat about it. We all on the same team here mate

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You claim to have supported Spurs for 33 years and have seen the likes of Ramon Vega, Vlad Chiriches and Paulinho to name just 3, and I can name a lot more, but have never seen a worse performance than Aurier today, yeah right. We lost sure but for once try to resist the hoard and the typical knee jerk that overwhelms this board on days like this

You claim to have supported Spurs for 33 years and have seen the likes of Ramon Vega, Vlad Chiriches and Paulinho to name just 3, and I can name a lot more, but have never seen a worse performance than Aurier today, yeah right. We lost sure but for once try to resist the hoard and the typical knee jerk that overwhelms this board on days like this

Verts performance today alone was worse than Auriers

Do you have these anti-Levy/anti-ENIC diatribes written up and saved in advance? It’s like any excuse to roll out the rhetoric.
Were you saying we are run like a pound shop when we beat Cheatski and Inter?

Yup. Fundamentals don't change - I was delighted at the results, but the long-term view barely changes based on those wins. We're run like a pound-shop Arsenal, however hurtful it might be to couch it in those particular terms. We're following the exact same strategy they did, from a much lower base. And we'll have many of the same results because of that.

It's not the worst thing in the world, not by any means. There will be the occasional good moments, here and there - like there were (and are) for Arsenal. But nothing revolutionary - and nothing that can truly change the character of the club itself, which is what we need to finally break the mould that has been 135 years in the making. And nor will it be enough to keep one of the best managers we've ever had at this club long-term.

So in the end, I'm training myself not to get too upset when we bump up against our glass ceiling and fail to break it, as was the case today. Because we won't, under these owners - unless they change their behaviour. And they won't, so why dream of impossibilities?

Glad you enjoy my rhetoric. Always happy to oblige.

We routed Chelsea and then outplayed Inter and Poch was good enough for us, a few days later we have our worst performance of the season and the "jerkers" on here now believe Poch is not good enough for us because he is not a winner, pathetic.

You can't read too much into people calling for Poch's head after a came like today, obviously just knee jerking. I was disappointed with our apparent lack of effort, but I reckon playing three very high level matches in a week takes its toll. I somehow imagined we'd have an extra gear for a North London derby, but it's always hard to assess just how exhausting a couple of matches are for a bunch of players. Simply put, scum just looked more fit than us today, probably because they got to rest all of their key players in mid week.

A brick result, but we move on. Let's get into that annual December form now. We usually kick on after playing a brick game against scum.

Last edited:
A brick result, but we move on. Let's get into that annual December form now. We usually kick off after playing a brick game against scum.

Indeed.

People also need to remember they made 10 changes from their Europa Cup match which means most of the team had a week to prepare while we were battling with Inter. We looked tired both physically and mentally.

Aurier, Foyth and Vertonghen. Awful. Jesus H Christ. Our escaped goats have become a herd.

Didn't really see much of our fabled front 4. Either Emery is a tactical genius or ... we were too tired/ nervous/ over-hyped to play football like we can.

I do think Winks deserves a place in the side.

Poch was loyal to Sissoko today but in hindsight ball retention was at a premium and Winks would have been better. Worst ways he had to be on at 2-2 as we just couldn’t get it forward.

Poch was loyal to Sissoko today but in hindsight ball retention was at a premium and Winks would have been better. Worst ways he had to be on at 2-2 as we just couldn’t get it forward.

He didn't get a lot of help from Aurier today, to be fair.

Wasn’t looking a bad loss this weekend with Utd and Liv both only drawing ‘easier’ games. Then Liverpool score a comedy goal at Anfield in the 96th minute.

Yup. Fundamentals don't change - I was delighted at the results, but the long-term view barely changes based on those wins. We're run like a pound-shop Arsenal, however hurtful it might be to couch it in those particular terms. We're following the exact same strategy they did, from a much lower base. And we'll have many of the same results because of that.

It's not the worst thing in the world, not by any means. There will be the occasional good moments, here and there - like there were (and are) for Arsenal. But nothing revolutionary - and nothing that can truly change the character of the club itself, which is what we need to finally break the mould that has been 135 years in the making. And nor will it be enough to keep one of the best managers we've ever had at this club long-term.

So in the end, I'm training myself not to get too upset when we bump up against our glass ceiling and fail to break it, as was the case today. Because we won't, under these owners - unless they change their behaviour. And they won't, so why dream of impossibilities?

Glad you enjoy my rhetoric. Always happy to oblige.

I don’t dream of impossibilities, I just dream of possibilities.
Far more enjoyable starting every game (these days) believing we will win, with good reason, rather than expecting the worst and then blaming it on Levy.
My way might mean more crash downs when it goes wrong, but at least I’m not starting out in a negative mind.
But each to their own. We all have different outlooks.

I reckon we would done a lot better if we had Gary Doherty in place of Vertonghen and Alan Hutton at right back in place of aurier .

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back