• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

This is why you are just an armchair expert.

He has always been horrible in positioning, and his fantastic form in attack does nothing to change that. There are many right backs in this league who are miles ahead of him as an overall player, and I want something better than what he gives us.

I wouldn't change loyalties. Why do you so easily assume he would?

Likewise.

Where as you were at the game today were you? Employed in football?

OK, Tim Sherwood sabotaged us today so his dad would be happy. Fair enough.

I'm just bummed out but the reality is that it's difficult to play at full pelt having just come away with a great win at OT just days ago. It came too soon for a team with no changes.

Not sure I quite understand why Sherwood is so adamant that Bentaleb is better than Capoue.

Same stubbornness that AvB had over Ade and BAE ? Or just wanting to give youngsters a chance in a tough match that in the bigger scheme of things (i.e. EPL) would be ok not to win ? Maybe a bit of both I think.

Feck me the Spurs fans abusing Walcott just like the **** fans abusing Ade -as he gets carried off on a stretcher-just like Ade...

Oh, and one other thing: Walcott's 'two-nil' gesture when going off sums up the difference in mental qualities between our players and theirs. For all their odiousness, Arsenal's players and management understand the importance of this derby to the fans, and seem to harbor a genuine dislike for both our club and our players when they walk onto the pitch. Our players are rather weak mentally, and don't care about this derby to the extent that the Arsenal players do. Ergo, you will see more 50:50s being won by Arsenal's players, more determined pressing, more decisiveness when in possession, because they are fired up and playing against players that, for whatever reason, treat this as just another game.

I hope some day this mentality changes on our side so that we can really give them a game. It isn't a major gripe: our players can still be lions on their day. But today, they weren't, and they haven't been against Arsenal for a while, imo.

********. It sums up the lack of class from the scum. Thankfully, our fans and players conduct themselves with honour. We've rarely been better than then a rse in recent history. And their fans are glory hunting tossers - not all but many.

Spurs have more class. Thank fuk.

Oh, and one other thing: Walcott's 'two-nil' gesture when going off sums up the difference in mental qualities between our players and theirs. For all their odiousness, Arsenal's players and management understand the importance of this derby to the fans, and seem to harbor a genuine dislike for both our club and our players when they walk onto the pitch. Our players are rather weak mentally, and don't care about this derby to the extent that the Arsenal players do. Ergo, you will see more 50:50s being won by Arsenal's players, more determined pressing, more decisiveness when in possession, because they are fired up and playing against players that, for whatever reason, treat this as just another game.

I hope some day this mentality changes on our side so that we can really give them a game. It isn't a major gripe: our players can still be lions on their day. But today, they weren't, and they haven't been against Arsenal for a while, imo.

Bolocks. It sums up the lack of class from the scum. Thankfully, our fans and players conduct themselves with honour. We've rarely been better than then a rse in recent history. And in general their fans and players are glory hunting tossers - not all but as a generalization :)

Spurs have more class. Thank fuk.

I think it's been absolutely shocking. I haven't seen us perform as bad against Arsenal for about 5 years. We looked like proper mid-table no hopers there, and I'm absolutely stunned there is a positive mood in this thread after watching that. I thought we were absolutely awful.

It looked like we had no plan - we obviously had one but we didn't impose it whatsoever. Poor individual performances, poor in attack, poor in midfield and poor in defence. We offered nothing.

I'm not too worried for our future and I hope what we saw today was the result of a squad decimated by injuries coming to the end of a long stretch of games without much rest in between and running out of legs. I can accept that, and if we were going to lose one game this run I'd rather this one than drop any more league points. But goodness we we were rubbish.

Of course we haven't. Did I imagine all those thrashings Arsenal have provided us with?

It wasn't a good performance but that is to be expected coming at the end of a run of games where we're playing every 3 days or so, with quite a few injuries and playing away at the team that is currently the best in the league.

I'm not sure exactly what people were expecting at the Emirates....

And we've provided Arsenal fans with a gif of their own based on Walcott's banter... :-(

he such a cnut, even more considering how many chances he wasted in the game, zero self awareness

I was hoping the stretcher bearers would drop him on purpose but they were obviously all scum as well

I must say though, if it was me getting carried off in front of scum fans in that situation I'd have written 2 0 across my **** cheeks and mooned the lot of em while singing abuse about their parentage, I like to see footballers give it back

This is why you are just an armchair expert.

As opposed to yourself being a fully qualified, UEFA Continental License-holding super-coach who's won everything from the Champions League to the Skrill Premier?

He has always been horrible in positioning, and his fantastic form in attack does nothing to change that. There are many right backs in this league who are miles ahead of him as an overall player, and I want something better than what he gives us.
Funny, I always imagined that it was his new-found defensive solidity that people were appreciating, not his attacking forays. He's often been better at defending in the last two months than the rest of our back line combined. But of course, I defer to you, Jose B. Ferguson, the greatest tactical mind ever to have posted on a fan forum.

I wouldn't change loyalties. Why do you so easily assume he would?

I don't think he does. I think you're putting words in his mouth.

Likewise.

Don't you have a World Coach of the Year award to pick up, maestro? Your obvious tactical skills deserve better than being displayed on a mere forum: they should be shown to the world!

Last edited:
We looked leggy from the off , none more so than Adebayor, our play in the final third was poor and got worse as the game wore on. There were just nothing being attempted through the middle and it were all get it out wide. Rather turgid if I may so .

Anyway, seriously , who wants to win a cup that is contested using a pink ball ?

I'm just glad it was in the FA Cup, a win in the league would have put them a step closer to their objectives of winning the league and halted our progress for the top four. What this win does for them is gives them an extra game. We can now focus on the Premier League, a competition we are still unbeaten in under our new manager, and hopefully push on for the top four.

Onwards and upwards.

I think it's been absolutely shocking. I haven't seen us perform as bad against Arsenal for about 5 years. We looked like proper mid-table no hopers there, and I'm absolutely stunned there is a positive mood in this thread after watching that. I thought we were absolutely awful.

It looked like we had no plan - we obviously had one but we didn't impose it whatsoever. Poor individual performances, poor in attack, poor in midfield and poor in defence. We offered nothing.

I'm not too worried for our future and I hope what we saw today was the result of a squad decimated by injuries coming to the end of a long stretch of games without much rest in between and running out of legs. I can accept that, and if we were going to lose one game this run I'd rather this one than drop any more league points. But goodness we we were rubbish.

What absolute nonsense. We have lost there twice 5-2. We were not that great during the 1-0 loss earlier in the season under AVB. No sorry, my mistake we "controlled" that game.

Same stubbornness that AvB had over Ade and BAE ? Or just wanting to give youngsters a chance in a tough match that in the bigger scheme of things (i.e. EPL) would be ok not to win ? Maybe a bit of both I think.

Or because Deadwood stumbled on to a formula that worked at OT and doesn't have the experience yet to make changes? Did he persist with a leggy and largely lethargic Ade just because AVB refused to play him? Was disappointed today - thought we lacked shape, bite and a plan.

he such a cnut, even more considering how many chances he wasted in the game, zero self awareness

I was hoping the stretcher bearers would drop him on purpose but they were obviously all scum as well

I must say though, if it was me getting carried off in front of scum fans in that situation I'd have written 2 0 across my **** cheeks and mooned the lot of em while singing abuse about their parentage, I like to see footballers give it back

yep if it was me I would have done the same to their fans....

just remember it and make sure we give it back when the time comes...if the time comes.....

The Man U game clearly took it's toll, as we looked very leggy and always second in at the drop of the loose ball. Their passing was crisper in the final third and their movement more intelligent. Say what you like about Wenger, but he has this team very well drilled defensively. Contrast the Arsenal defence with out shapeless back four. Again corners for us are nothing more that counter attacking opportunities for the oppostion. Do we run corner drills? Theo Walcott...how unlkieable is this clown? I think we are being held back by a couple of playes who lack the mental toughness in the big games. They always crumble...you know who I am referring to.

What absolute nonsense. We have lost there twice 5-2. We were not that great during the 1-0 loss earlier in the season under AVB. No sorry, my mistake we "controlled" that game.

the 5-2 games were both against better arsenal sides and both had mitigating circumstances in which we threatened for a time, today we were just dog****

Seeing a bit of the ball would be nice. At least looking like we were trying to keep the ball away from one of the most dangerous teams in the country.

Of course we haven't. Did I imagine all those thrashings Arsenal have provided us with?

It wasn't a good performance but that is to be expected coming at the end of a run of games where we're playing every 3 days or so, with quite a few injuries and playing away at the team that is currently the best in the league.

I don't know, I wasn't expecting / demanding a win, but I was expecting us to look like a top side and not a mid-table one. We were awful, and the pundits were right, Arsenal never had to break out of first gear. There's not one single redeeming quality of our performance that I would take away from today's game.

I'm just stunned that the analysis on the performance here is 'oh well, best team won'. It was a really bad performance exacerbated by the fact Arsenal barely had to turn up themselves. I will accept the excuse that our players were tired after a hard run and lots of injuries in terms of justifying the result, but people are looking at the performance and being positive about that, and I don't see how. Arsenal looked a class above and it was really sad to see.

Why are we trying to play through the best defence in the league?

The post of the thread.

Sling on 2 more strikers and lump the ball up.

I am annoyed TS took the Harry option hoping the fans will forget. Which they will.

Early days.

As opposed to yourself being a fully qualified, UEFA Continental License-holding super-coach who's won everything from the Champions League to the Skrill Premier?

Funny, I always imagined that it was his new-found defensive solidity that people were appreciating, not his attacking forays. He's often been better at defending in the last two months than the rest of our back line combined. But of course, I defer to you, Jose B. Ferguson, the greatest tactical mind ever to have posted on a fan forum.

I don't think he does. I think you're putting words in his mouth.

Likewise.

Don't you have a World Coach of the Year award to pick up, maestro? Your obvious tactical skills deserve better than being displayed on a mere forum: they should be shown to the world!

DubaiSpur
Tim Sherwood

Enough said.

Back