• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

I'm just glad it was in the FA Cup, a win in the league would have put them a step closer to their objectives of winning the league and halted our progress for the top four. What this win does for them is gives them an extra game. We can now focus on the Premier League, a competition we are still unbeaten in under our new manager, and hopefully push on for the top four.

Onwards and upwards.

This is how i'm looking at it. Hate losing and i'm ****ed off it was so easy for them and we are out of the cup but fact of the matter was they deserved the win today, it is going to give the players more resting time and we can put everything into the top 4 challenge and the Europa. Hopefully we can get a few players back before our next run of games.

the 5-2 games were both against better arsenal sides and both had mitigating circumstances in which we threatened for a time, today we were just dog****

Sorry yeah we were great in those games against all their world class stars. We had something like 8 first team players missing today.

Their movement 1- touch passing, organisation is why they wiped the floor with us today and why they are 8 points better off.

I hope we can match their level of fluidity sometime in the future..... Dont think this was as awful as people make out but it shows us how far off we are and that we need ome solid work on the training ground.

Bolocks. It sums up the lack of class from the scum. Thankfully, our fans and players conduct themselves with honour. We've rarely been better than then a rse in recent history. And in general their fans and players are glory hunting tossers - not all but as a generalization :)

Spurs have more class. Thank fuk.

Aye, and we can proudly sing about that class post-match as our players cravenly follow the Arsenal players hoping to exchange shirts while all the Goons on the field just sneer at them while celebrating like they've won the entire cup and not just a cup derby in the third round.

I'd exchange a bit of our 'class' for a bit of their passion. The truth is that we can always sing about 'class': we've historically been the better footballing side, so we have 'class', or we've been the more successful side, so we have 'class', or we've had fewer red cards this season, so we have 'class'. Can we sing about our players having as much passion as their players? Save for Bentaleb's angry swipe at Monreal late on (which was more frustration than anything else), I didn't see much anger or antagonism from our boys out there, which is a shame. Hopefully that changes going forward.

The world will not reward us for showing 'class': it will call us weak and uncommitted before brushing us aside. As I said in my post-season review piece last summer, the time for us to be saintly and preach 'class' is over. We need to show ********, anger, passion: to hell with honour and fair play. It's the only way we'll get anywhere, unfortunately.

I thought we had quite a lot of the ball considering we were playing probably the best possession team in the country.

Really don't get the negativity. Objectively, we created chances to score - Eriksen, Soldado, Ade, 2 x 50-50 pen shouts - and conceded two sloppy goals.

If we'd try to hold the ball, we wouldn't have created as many chances and a rse would have got back into position.

Onwards and upwards.

Aye, and we can proudly sing about that class post-match as our players cravenly follow the Arsenal players hoping to exchange shirts while all the Goons on the field just sneer at them while celebrating like they've won the entire cup and not just a cup derby in the third round.

I'd exchange a bit of our 'class' for a bit of their passion. The truth is that we can always sing about 'class': we've historically been the better footballing side, so we have 'class', or we've been the more successful side, so we have 'class', or we've had fewer red cards this season, so we have 'class'. Can we sing about our players having as much passion as their players? Save for Bentaleb's angry swipe at Monreal late on (which was more frustration than anything else), I didn't see much anger or antagonism from our boys out there, which is a shame. Hopefully that changes going forward.

The world will not reward us for showing 'class': it will call us weak and uncommitted before brushing us aside. As I said in my post-season review piece last summer, the time for us to be saintly and preach 'class' is over. We need to show ********, anger, passion: to hell with honour and fair play. It's the only way we'll get anywhere, unfortunately.

You are going ridiculously OTT.

Bentaleb has had a shocker, not ready for this game. Not his fault he was picked but just shows we need to bring him in slowly.

Bentaleb was OK. He made no less or no more mistakes than anyone else and came on towards the end when the worn out players were flagging.

Players are human. They get tired.

What absolute nonsense. We have lost there twice 5-2. We were not that great during the 1-0 loss earlier in the season under AVB. No sorry, my mistake we "controlled" that game.

In the 5-2 under Harry I could see the redeeming quality that we at least started well and looked dangerous but were undone by a lack of adaptability in the match. Last season, we played with ten men for the majority of the game but looked good at the start. This year in the league, we weren't great but I think we did have the redeeming quality that we were able to control the ball well at the Emirates. We at least looked like a top team potentially, once we sorted out the chance creation.

Tonight there was not one single redeeming quality from the side. Defensively we were all over the place. We were careless with the ball. We were relying on lucky ricochets to create good chances, and I think we got just one of them. It was downright poor, and if we put that kind of performance in under AVB I can't imagine what kind of abuse his managerial ability, and the analysis of the team's performance, would have taken.

I don't know, I wasn't expecting / demanding a win, but I was expecting us to look like a top side and not a mid-table one. We were awful, and the pundits were right, Arsenal never had to break out of first gear. There's not one single redeeming quality of our performance that I would take away from today's game.

I'm just stunned that the analysis on the performance here is 'oh well, best team won'. It was a really bad performance exacerbated by the fact Arsenal barely had to turn up themselves. I will accept the excuse that our players were tired after a hard run and lots of injuries in terms of justifying the result, but people are looking at the performance and being positive about that, and I don't see how. Arsenal looked a class above and it was really sad to see.

at 1-0 we were still in the game...but yet again we gift a killer goal as we so often do.

we were outclassed.....we have miles to go before we match their passing 1 touch and defensive oranisation.

Tbh this is why arsenal get shown up in europe, they press hard against poor teams to get possession in dangerous areas and punish them, which is what happened us today. When they play against top teams who do not hand them chances like Roses one they come up short??? Wenger is the master of finishing top 4, we should follow his model which will get us as far as them and then learn from their mistakes.

Got to be a PEN!

Only because of the one at the other end, he doesn't give it.

No luck today.

I thought the ref got everything right today. Took a lot of courage to let Walcott lie there like a dying swan and could have sent off Dembele but just had a chat with him and Wheelchair.

agree with all of that........we rarely show the passion required........Sandro needs to be captain and i things dont go our way then put in a tackle to get the team fired up and motoring.

We lack the mentality of winners when it counts but we can always say we are class......

at 1-0 we were still in the game...but yet again we gift a killer goal as we so often do.

we were outclassed.....we have miles to go before we match their passing 1 touch and defensive oranisation.

We were only in the game because they had only scored one...we were totally outclassed and I don't think that's been the case in probably the last 5 years.

You are going ridiculously OTT.

It's the truth. I said it before the season began and I'll say it again now. It might well be OTT, but it is the truth. People laughed at Rooney snarling at Webb after he cleared Lloris over that Young tackle mid-week, but honestly, I'd like to see our players do a bit more of that, because we are never ever going to reach the very top unless we fight for everything: loose balls, loose calls, inches on the field. We've been screwed by lady luck and turned the saintly cheek for too long, imo. Time to do what all the big boys do: after all, they do it for a reason, surely.

In the 5-2 under Harry I could see the redeeming quality that we at least started well and looked dangerous but were undone by a lack of adaptability in the match. Last season, we played with ten men for the majority of the game but looked good at the start. This year in the league, we weren't great but I think we did have the redeeming quality that we were able to control the ball well at the Emirates. We at least looked like a top team potentially, once we sorted out the chance creation. Tonight there was not one single redeeming quality from the side. Defensively we were all over the place. We were careless with the ball. We were relying on lucky ricochets to create good chances, and I think we got just one of them. It was downright poor, and if we put that kind of performance in under AVB I can't imagine what kind of abuse his managerial ability, and the analysis of the team's performance, would have taken.

No we didn't we looked poor. Few chances created and arsenal cutting us open at will. We were poor today but let's not dress up that this is just because of Tim we are generally poor at theirs. Only with Harry have we looked anything resembling a good team.

Back