• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

Cant use the injury excuse.... they have them also...

Bottom line they are defensively better.... and they can do the 1 touch passing in and around the penalty area that we cant.

feel gutted and of course hate Walcott & Co but have to admit we were outclassed.

They been playing with ten men? what? when?

They had all there sub's made when Walcott went off injured. ITV failed to notice it. Itv also failed to notice sherwood lost to west ham and are calling this his first defeat.

We had Dawson and chichires against no one for the last ten minutes. Kane should have came on for one of them.

I think it's been absolutely shocking. I haven't seen us perform as bad against Arsenal for about 5 years. We looked like proper mid-table no hopers there, and I'm absolutely stunned there is a positive mood in this thread after watching that. I thought we were absolutely awful.

It looked like we had no plan - we obviously had one but we didn't impose it whatsoever. Poor individual performances, poor in attack, poor in midfield and poor in defence. We offered nothing.

I'm not too worried for our future and I hope what we saw today was the result of a squad decimated by injuries coming to the end of a long stretch of games without much rest in between and running out of legs. I can accept that, and if we were going to lose one game this run I'd rather this one than drop any more league points. But goodness we we were rubbish.

Very disappointing.

Why was Rose so isolated when he fouled it up?

Ade slowed up even before Soldado went off. Lennon working his socks off. Erikson assuming he had more time on the ball again on occasions in 2nd half.

So few shots on goal, let alone on target.

No consolation, but we'll have more time to get players fit and a team structure organised.

Ah well, good learning for Tim to see that first hand. Wonder what he takes away from that - type of preparation for the big games ? Change in set up and structure ? I thought we played ok but our defense wasn't there and fully focused, they capitalized on that. So would chavs, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool.

Defense, compactness then hit teams on the counter - easier said then done. We'll need a good bounce back

Last ten minutes have been so poor considering they are playing with ten men.

This is probably the only gripe I have with this game. We were unlucky with the timing of the second goal (it was an out-of-the-blue brainfart that came exactly when Tim was preparing his substitutions to change the game), and by and large we deserved to lose, but Tim's inactivity when they were down to ten irked me. Put Obika on, put Kane on, go 3-4-3 with Walker shifting into central defense, do something. Don't just sit there and watch us throw ourselves at nine players behind the ball again and again and again. Something for the future, Tim.

Other than that, no shame in going out, I guess. Another year, another trophy lost, but hey, that's life at Spurs. Onwards and upwards.

Wow. And I get banned for being a WUM and lowering the quality of the board???
This is why you are just an armchair expert.

How Walker is coming in for any stick at all based on his performances this season and his continued improvement is beyond me.
He has always been horrible in positioning, and his fantastic form in attack does nothing to change that. There are many right backs in this league who are miles ahead of him as an overall player, and I want something better than what he gives us.

One thing you can tell Sherwood is is 100% committed and determined to succeed with Spurs, and has genuine relationships and trust in our youth products.
I wouldn't change loyalties. Why do you so easily assume he would?

What a silly post.
Likewise.

Eriksen, Ade, Soldado all could have tucked the ball away. Rose and Walker could have done better.

Didn't get much luck:

-the ricochet from Rose fell perfectly for Rosisky
-might have got a pen on another day for hand ball or barge

Roll on next game. Can hold our heads high imo. Give Rose a break. All players ALL make mistakes. The question is, will he learn from it and bounce back stronger.

Ah well, good learning for Tim to see that first hand. Wonder what he takes away from that - type of preparation for the big games ? Change in set up and structure ? I thought we played ok but our defense wasn't there and fully focused, they capitalized on that. So would chavs, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool.

Defense, compactness then hit teams on the counter - easier said then done. We'll need a good bounce back

Let's face it Arsenal away against our strongest side would be a tough game. Under the current circumstances we shouldn't expect anything different - even with 4-2-3-1. We did create a few chances and Eriksen, Ade and Soldado could have all done better with chances. And we only lost by 2 - it could have easily been more. Having said that there was some poor decision making by some of our players today - Rose, Walker and Bentalab, most obviously - and that's difficult to coach out.

Best team won. We never laid a glove on 'em, but who knows without the Rose mistake?

Arsenal are top of the EPL and have the best defensive record and we did not create a single chance in the whole of the second half.

No excuses, best team won.

Tough away draw coming a few days after another tough away game. Looked a little leggy, Ade especially. It's done with now, get some players back, beat Crystal Palace and get back into the top four.

I'm just bummed out but the reality is that it's difficult to play at full pelt having just come away with a great win at OT just days ago. It came too soon for a team with no changes.

Not sure I quite understand why Sherwood is so adamant that Bentaleb is better than Capoue.

We're playing the wonky but still leaving 2 men in midfield against 3; a youngster with no big game experience, and have left a DM on the bench. I know we are missing players, but we still had the resources available to make this a tighter game.

No we weren't. Eriksen drifted all over the place.

Regardless of formation, we've been smashed at the Emirates for about 20 years now. Ironically considering your rants about it (and your clear upset at the departure of AVB) the only time we beat them recently at the Emirates was when we played 4-4-2.

Oh, and one other thing: Walcott's 'two-nil' gesture when going off sums up the difference in mental qualities between our players and theirs. For all their odiousness, Arsenal's players and management understand the importance of this derby to the fans, and seem to harbor a genuine dislike for both our club and our players when they walk onto the pitch. Our players are rather weak mentally, and don't care about this derby to the extent that the Arsenal players do. Ergo, you will see more 50:50s being won by Arsenal's players, more determined pressing, more decisiveness when in possession, because they are fired up and playing against players that, for whatever reason, treat this as just another game.

I hope some day this mentality changes on our side so that we can really give them a game. It isn't a major gripe: our players can still be lions on their day. But today, they weren't, and they haven't been against Arsenal for a while, imo.

Very disappointing.

Why was Rose so isolated when he fouled it up?

Ade slowed up even before Soldado went off. Lennon working his socks off. Erikson assuming he had more time on the ball again on occasions in 2nd half.

So few shots on goal, let alone on target.

No consolation, but we'll have more time to get players fit and a team structure organised.

Because it was our corner and he was the last man back. That's fine, but it was amateur defending from us.

I thought at 1-0 we were still in it but Rose's awful mistake killed the game for us and we were never coming back from that. Sherwood tried to change the shape straight after but even going one up front i was disappointed to see Soldado taken off. He was by far the better striker today and Ade i'm afraid, for all the hype before the performance was poor.

Also thought it was a bit strange when Walcott went off in last 10 why Kane wasn't chucked on. We had nothing to lose, a sub to use so why not just go all out. The play was ponderous and it was like the team had given up.

Better team won today.

We've made the team which is top of the table, with the best not only home defence in the league but the best defence overall and the 3rd best scoring record look better than they actually are?

Are some of you reading your own posts? We have 10 injuries apparently, in a 25 man squad.

I agree, we were major underdogs but looking at the full game, its hard to judge us as we were injury hit big time. But looking at them all I could think of was "same old arsenal" and what a loser mentality they and Wenger have. They may well finish top 4 but no way wil they win a trophy this year.

Back