• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland AFC

You lot are such a miserable bunch of ***** you know that? It's no wonder people look at us as 1 of the worst fan bases in the country.

Fazio and Stambouli starts next week please.

I thought we were in control until Stambouli came on. Dembele was bossing things. Dier needed help on the right if Chadli was going off, it should have been Lennon coming on that side, especially as Buckley and Giaccherini play wide off the side.

I thought it was a negative sub but ultimately it Was Capoue's stupidity. I would have preferred Sandro there or in mid to break things up higher up the pitch.

I think some of the Sunderland players played like they were hungover, it was pure comedy at times. It was too easy for us to just pass around them and find players and you expect a tough game from these type of teams. We really have to be more direct, take more shots and have better plans for set pieces.

And don't sit on 1 goal leads wasting time with 20mins to go.....

Managing to concede 2 goals when the opposition has only had 1 shot on target :lol:

A promising performance on the whole though and we should've won by a couple but for the woodwork.

Wish we could afford to splash out on a top notch goal scorer like Costa... guess that'll have to wait another 4/5 years until the new stadium is ready though...

Out control feel apart when Chadli was taken off.
The front four were pressing them hard all game leaving them with very little time on the ball while the rest of our team sat back and picked up the stray balls coming at them.
Dembele didn't join in with the pressing. It seemed like a good idea to play him there but he was out of his depth.
We were a man short there and the system feel apart.

Hope you're wearing knee-defenders mate, because the speed they're jerking around you'll 'cap yourself! ;)

haha, I actually thought we were great today, but I do think Kane is atrocious and Bentaleb should be understudy. Been varying out for Dembele to start since preseason!

Straight out of the, how to batter a team and not get three points Tottenham Hotspur handbook. ffs.

Lamela had an excellent second half, but that free kick from the Rose foul was just stupid. I was screaming that he was never getting it up and down from that range, really stupid, needed a right footed in swinger far post.

Not too disappointed, the ref was a c**k.

I am so ****ing annoyed with you all the time. We just gave away two points in a gave we should have won comfortably. And you are very happy. And that is the way it is constantly. If an American owner came in and moved the whole ****ing club to Baltimore and entered us in the women's softball league, you still would have seen only positives. Where is your ****ing passion, man?

We gave away two points? We didn't take our chances, Sunderland took there's, we didn't give sunderland ****. They happily took. Does it annoy me? Sure. But why focus on the negatives when the positives outweigh them.

Lamela needs to be more selfish
All footballers are thick (give away needless free kicks)
our centre backs take liberties
Spurs will never change
We have a weak mentality
We drew with a pub team
We need a striker
I am ****ed off

Out control feel apart when Chadli was taken off.
The front four were pressing them hard all game leaving them with very little time on the ball while the rest of our team sat back and picked up the stray balls coming at them.
Dembele didn't join in with the pressing. It seemed like a good idea to play him there but he was out of his depth.
We were a man short there and the system feel apart.

Dembele was out of his depth? today? in the game vs Sunderland? the one that finished a few minutes ago? 2014?

yessssss okkkkkkk:ross::ross:

I thought it was important not to lose this game after the Liverpool match which we didn't so thats good but its still frustrating. Given how the match played out we should have taken 3 points. Hit the woodwork twice too.

I can't help but get the feeling that we have shot ourselves in the foot again. Start really well, take the lead and then allow them an equaliser within a few minutes. Then take charge early on in 2nd half and go on to concede an OG. Distinct lack of concentration/focus is costing us big time at the moment.

Theres a lot of positives to take from today but i really hope our players can get sort out this mentality issue. If we do i think Poch can take us far. If not then its going to be another frustrating year.

We gave away two points? We didn't take our chances, Sunderland took there's, we didn't give sunderland ****. They happily took. Does it annoy me? Sure. But why focus on the negatives when the positives outweigh them.

yup we'll be millionaires next year Rodders

I dont see anything good in not winning a game like that, if you're happy watching a team finish midtable and not winning anything, I guess its "good"

Your loss then really if you got no enjoyment out of our performance. Maybe you should go support a team like Chelsea. They seem to be doing well.

I think some of the Sunderland players played like they were hungover, it was pure comedy at times. It was too easy for us to just pass around them and find players and you expect a tough game from these type of teams. We really have to be more direct, take more shots and have better plans for set pieces.

And don't sit on 1 goal leads wasting time with 20mins to go.....

In what sense were we sitting on our lead?

Dembele was out of his depth? today? in the game vs Sunderland? the one that finished a few minutes ago? 2014?

yessssss okkkkkkk:ross::ross:

He sort of was when he was pushed up behind the striker, though. I think with Dembele it's a case of being given space to run and time to make decisions: playing further back, when he receives the ball and turns past the man closing him down, he has a lot of space to run into and time to make a decision on who to pass to. When played behind the striker, the minute he turns he's facing the opposition's back line, so he has very little space to dribble into and very little time to make a decision on who to pass to. Unfortunately, I don't think his decision-making will improve, and I don't think he will give up on dribbling in favour of quick passing, so perhaps it is best if he's only played further back, or perhaps out wide.

He had a good game today. As a DM. Not as an AM.

Back