• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland AFC

Spot on. Sums it up for me. I was far more pleased with this draw than our win there last year, which was just a horrible display of football. As long as we keep on seeing the system improving this season, I don't really care for the occasional slip-up, I don't think we're getting top 4 this season anyway. Would just like us to build a solid foundation for our next season, and play some entertaining football, like we did today.

I'll never understand what people's problem with last years performance at Sunderland was. We were by far the better team then too, and could have scored about 6.

Today I thought we were awesome though. Really pleased and we've got a real shot of having a good season here.

Straight out of the, how to batter a team and not get three points Tottenham Hotspur handbook. ffs.

Lamela had an excellent second half, but that free kick from the Rose foul was just stupid. I was screaming that he was never getting it up and down from that range, really stupid, needed a right footed in swinger far post.
Not too disappointed, the ref was a c**k.

100% spot on. I didnt even get excited at the prospect of a winner. Absolutely no way should Lamela have been taking that free-kick considering where it was. I nearly lost my voice screaming let a right footer have it, Brainless decision

100% spot on. I didnt even get excited at the prospect of a winner. Absolutely no way should Lamela have been taking that free-kick considering where it was. I nearly lost my voice screaming let a right footer have it, Brainless decision

Right footers on the pitch at the time: Chriches, Kaboul, Dier, Stambouli, Capoue, Lennon and Kane.

Who exactly did you want taking the free kick?

I'll never understand what people's problem with last years performance at Sunderland was. We were by far the better team then too, and could have scored about 6.

Today I thought we were awesome though. Really pleased and we've got a real shot of having a good season here.

Tell me about it; it's quite ridiculous really. Like some people remember our game, say vs Hull at home, and transplant that memory to ALL our games..

We dont have the firepower to kill teams off and it bit us on the bum today. A front line of Ade, Kane and Soldado simply will not score the goals for a top 4 team. It just wont happen.

Right footers on the pitch at the time: Chriches, Kaboul, Dier, Stambouli, Capoue, Lennon and Kane.

Who exactly did you want taking the free kick?

Kane or Kaboul. Had it been a little more in line, a Kaboul powerdrive for sure, but where it was Kane to try a curler. But with the angle (as I saw it from Row 17) there was no way Lamela was going to get it over the wall, (8 yards away!) and in

Kane or Kaboul. Had it been a little more in line, a Kaboul powerdrive for sure, but where it was Kane to try a curler. But with the angle (as I saw it from Row 17) there was no way Lamela was going to get it over the wall, (8 yards away!) and in

Oh I know Lamela would never have scored it, I'm more annoyed we didn't roll it a few yards and let someone strike it from open play.

Has Kaboul EVER scored with one of his "powerdrives"? They always hit the wall or go 80 yards high and wide.

Oh I know Lamela would never have scored it, I'm more annoyed we didn't roll it a few yards and let someone strike it from open play.
Has Kaboul EVER scored with one of his "powerdrives"? They always hit the wall or go 80 yards high and wide.

Good call. Although I doubt we would have got the shot, on both occasions we had the free-kick in stoppage time,the ref paced out 8 yards for the wall.
Not only did he leave his cards at home, he left his abacus too

What was our pressing game like in this one?

Did we tire near the end because of it?
Pressing really hard all the way to the final whistle. Lamela looks like he can run all day!! Ade had absolutely NO legs from 60 minutes. He was down to the bone! Should have been subbed at least 10 minutes before he was. He had some fairly good chances in his final minutes on the pitch, but he simply didn't have the legs to be able to get the shots in. We need Soldado fit ASAP! Stambouli looked the real deal! Really powerful player with an eye for a pass as well. He's gonna be a very good addition!
All in all I think we played very very well. Unlucky not to get 3-4 more goals, but we concede way too easy! 1st Sunderland goal is just horrific defending! Always knew They would get the second goal when we didn't finish it. Silly free-kick to give away, and you could smell a goal from it a mile away. Good game, unlucky result.

Who's gonna get the blame for this one then?

I cant believe how can we let the ball bounced (i think it was Kaboul ?) and failed to cleared it when there was completely no Sunderland player in front of the goal.

Yes Capoue should take part of the responsibility but so does our defending set pieces

Really disappointed with the result. This feels more like a defeat. I always prefer us to win despite playing poorly, instead of not winning despite playing well. Annoyingly, we played very well but failed to win due to poor defending. This was a game we should have won comfortably.

Nice to see Chadli getting his 3rd goal and Eriksen his first goal of the season. Just wish we had got that all important 3rd goal to win. Apart from the 2 shots by Dembele and Lamela which hit the posts, we wasted too many chances. At times, we tried to walk the ball into the next instead of shooting.

Not really surprised to concede the 2 goals. After conceding 3 goals to Liverpool, we should have signed an established defender to strengthen the defence. With the error-prone Kaboul and Chriches in defence, you simply can't expect to keep a clean sheet.

Thought we looked comfortable until Chadli was replaced by Stambouli. After that we looked unsettled and pressured by Sunderland. Wish we still had Sandro to come on and protect the defence instead when needed.

Wish we had won this game. Hope we will get back to winning ways next week.

We dont have the firepower to kill teams off and it bit us on the bum today. A front line of Ade, Kane and Soldado simply will not score the goals for a top 4 team. It just wont happen.

Exactly. Adebayor, Soldado and Kane are simply not good enough. We should have signed another striker. And no credit to our defence as well. Our entire defence are making too many errors. We are relying entirely on our midfield to carry us now.

The questions is, can the front 3 behind the striker deliver enough goals? If everyone is rotating - and Ade adds a lot to our build-up and midfield - will Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli consistently get on the score sheet?

Pressing really hard all the way to the final whistle. Lamela looks like he can run all day!! Ade had absolutely NO legs from 60 minutes. He was down to the bone! Should have been subbed at least 10 minutes before he was. He had some fairly good chances in his final minutes on the pitch, but he simply didn't have the legs to be able to get the shots in. We need Soldado fit ASAP! Stambouli looked the real deal! Really powerful player with an eye for a pass as well. He's gonna be a very good addition!
All in all I think we played very very well. Unlucky not to get 3-4 more goals, but we concede way too easy! 1st Sunderland goal is just horrific defending! Always knew They would get the second goal when we didn't finish it. Silly free-kick to give away, and you could smell a goal from it a mile away. Good game, unlucky result.

I think Shaney makes a good point about clinical finishing. With Poch's system much like the one's played by Rodgers and Martinez, the emphasis is on pressing high up the pitch if that fails we are vulnerable at the back. We need to take our chances. I also think we need to upgrade on both Capoue an Kaboul. Would like to see soldado playing in front of our three hope he is fit for Thursday. Also good to see Dembele looking more like his old self, we've missed him.

The questions is, can the front 3 behind the striker deliver enough goals? If everyone is rotating - and Ade adds a lot to our build-up and midfield - will Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli consistently get on the score sheet?

I think Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela all have goals in them, so I am fairly optimistic in that regard. Chadli has already scored three this season, scored goals in Holland too, and now that the ball has started rolling in England I think he will get a few. He has physical presence in the box, and has showed that he can stay calm when he gets the chance. He also showed a goalscorer's instinct when he scored yesterday by making a distinct run towards goal when he saw Ade lining up the shot to be first to a possible rebound.

Eriksen showed last season that he can score, and he is quite good at popping up in the right place the right time. Can also score from set pieces and long range shots.

Lamela scored goals in Italy, so I think he has the potential to do that in England too. Very unlucky yesterday. Needs the first one to get going.

Back